Wolverhampton Wanksocks A Tue 2nd Feb KO 6pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Wolverhampton Wanksocks A Tue 2nd Feb KO 6pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just moved beyond angry to the Planning revenge on the ref and VAR Cuntt stage.

DB? Have you still got those bags of Lime in your garden shed? :|

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fitting that we lost that game to a 40 yard hit and hoper. What a fucking shit night :banghead:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:57 pm
goonersid wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:53 pm
Lots of positives, kept battling, despite being cheated.
Onwards upwards!

Last 20 mins we decided that the game was over and concentrated on not conceding again - that is not battling by anyone's standards

Cheated ?? Last man tackle is red card every day of the week, and ditto for leno's stupid red card
A wenger or Emery team would have capitulated, it was damage limitation, FFS what do you want from 9 men ?? Jesus christ !

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Should have been three up at half-time, ref adding time on to give them a chance before half-time, then him and the VAR cûnt cheating. Absolute disgrace which would never happen to any other team. This weekend, it is absolutely guaranteed we'll see the same thing happen and a player only booked.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Onwards upwards!

Last 20 mins we decided that the game was over and concentrated on not conceding again - that is not battling by anyone's standards

Cheated ?? Last man tackle is red card every day of the week, and ditto for leno's stupid red card

He didn’t make a fucking tackle!!!!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

You have to laugh though every team going though a shit spell wants to play us, Leno out of Saturdays game,think I'll use my triple captain on fantasy football and give it to grealish

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Played really well first half then got stung in stoppage time by poor positioning by Luiz and a sending off that makes no sense to me as it looked accidental. Surely just a yellow card and a penalty? VAR was way too quick!

Second half barely worth analysing.

Leno with a bizarre decision. Runasson is a pub goalkeeper though - he’ll cost us at Villa :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

When people say we were cheated, I'm sorry but we weren't

The rule about double jeopardy / intent might be one of the worst to ever be implemented in the history of the game, but according to those in the know he has walked correctly. The bloke has had some decent games lately but he has one of those in him always and has done throughout his career. I'm not surprised. The bloke was miles out of position and left himself in the same position we've seen dozens of times- scampering to get back and always on the edge of a penalty and a red

Goalscoring chance or not for the Leno one? Debatable, but absolutely self inflicted and another ridiculous lack of judgement. In any event the game was up

An absolutely unfathomable half time substitution killed off any lingering hope. A ball holder of a centre forward is THE most important player when you've got 10. We gave ours up and played with 2 wide men and a young number 10 who has never played centre forward in his life. Then we brought on Auba who in those situations is useless

Small details, big difference. It was very good for 45 minutes, but all lost in a heart beat. One brain fart from Luiz, one by the manager. All over

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:00 pm
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Onwards upwards!

A wenger or Emery team would have capitulated, it was damage limitation, FFS what do you want from 9 men ?? Jesus christ !

Did I mention arteta in my post ? Mentioning the two previous managers is irrelevent

What I want is to see a team bust a gut to keep our good run going. Yes pushing up could see us concede a third, but surely a big club like ours doesnt wave the white flag and settle for a narrow defeat ? We should absolutely have pushed up on them and tried to force an error - xhaka, as big a c.unt as he is, at least tried to to close them down while the rest sat back

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Onwards upwards!

You know what I meant - I said earlier it was incidental contact but it was still contact

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Well.

That has deffo set me up for work tomorrow and the rest of the week !

:suicide:

MIKE DEAN YOU ARE A SNIDE SMELLYCOCK SUCKING PEDOCUNT

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:04 pm

The rule about double jeopardy / intent might be one of the worst to ever be implemented in the history of the game, but according to those in the know he has walked correctly. The bloke has had some decent games lately but he has one of those in him always and has done throughout his career. I'm not surprised. The bloke was miles out of position and left himself in the same position we've seen dozens of times- scampering to get back and always on the edge of a penalty and a red

Goalscoring chance or not for the Leno one? Debatable, but absolutely self inflicted and another ridiculous lack of judgement. In any event the game was up

An absolutely unfathomable half time substitution killed off any lingering hope. A ball holder of a centre forward is THE most important player when you've got 10. We gave ours up and played with 2 wide men and a young number 10 who has never played centre forward in his life. Then we brought on Auba who in those situations is useless

Small details, big difference. It was very good for 45 minutes, but all lost in a heart beat. One brain fart from Luiz, one by the manager. All over
Can’t really disagree with most of that. Just the feeling if it was Van Dyke instead of Luiz, and De Gea instead of Leno, would we have seen reds?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Onwards upwards!

Augie, you should take some time out, your posts are fucking embarrassing and to be quite honest! Fucking pathetic!!
You're blinded by your tunnel vision hatred of Arteta!
I'm actually going to hide your posts, to avoid falling out fucking big time!

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:09 pm
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Onwards upwards!

Augie, you should take some time out, your posts are fucking embarrassing and to be quite honest! Fucking pathetic!!
You're blinded by your tunnel vision hatred of Arteta!
I'm actually going to hide your posts, to avoid falling out fucking big time!

Will someone tell this fool that I havent mentioned arteta at any stage of this - I am blaming the players

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonertux wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:07 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:04 pm

Can’t really disagree with most of that. Just the feeling if it was Van Dyke instead of Luiz, and De Gea instead of Leno, would we have seen reds?
And likewise I completely agree with that too. I said at half time, if that was a Mickeys player we'd still be watching the incident now. Our VAR reviews seem to take 2 seconds when they go against us, whilst for Liverpool and the Scum we seem to get camera angles that i didn't know were invented and want to draw on some armpit hair to see if someone really was offside.

I think when the dust settles on this one and you watch the first goal again, Luiz leaves us wide open and puts himself in a position where he has to tackle from behind or let the bloke take a free shot. That's where the game changed.