The Official (Lobotomy Clive) Xhakatard is FINALLY gone thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
begeegs

Re: The Official (Clive) Xhakatard is a useless crunt thread

Post by begeegs »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:37 am

Hang on mate. You stretched it with his "ability to stand still and deflect the ball for an assist" but you completely broke it with that horseshit in red! :lol: Watch it again, he doesn't even glance up, he just badly crosses the ball straight into a villa player who accidentally deflected it to Jesus. You cannot seriously try to claim Lobotomy Clive did anything there but put in a poor scruffy cross ffs! :lol:

Honestly, reading what you've written in this post makes me think you are not actually watching him!
Which is why I put a question mark behind it - yeah he hit the ball across goal, but it resulted in a goal. It was a bit of ping pong in the box before it got to Jesus, but sometimes that is all you need.

I get it - he will never win you over and that's fine, but I am not going to nit pick everything that he does and say that it is shite.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

begeegs wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:59 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:37 am

Hang on mate. You stretched it with his "ability to stand still and deflect the ball for an assist" but you completely broke it with that horseshit in red! :lol: Watch it again, he doesn't even glance up, he just badly crosses the ball straight into a villa player who accidentally deflected it to Jesus. You cannot seriously try to claim Lobotomy Clive did anything there but put in a poor scruffy cross ffs! :lol:

Honestly, reading what you've written in this post makes me think you are not actually watching him!
Which is why I put a question mark behind it - yeah he hit the ball across goal, but it resulted in a goal. It was a bit of ping pong in the box before it got to Jesus, but sometimes that is all you need.

I get it - he will never win you over and that's fine, but I am not going to nit pick everything that he does and say that it is shite.
Don't worry buddy, I'll do enough of that for both of us! :lol: :wink:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

I still think he'll lose his place to Vieira/ESR before the season ends.

I am now a lone wolf with my mates on matchday criticising him but I wont back down pointing out hes only looking better as hes out of harms way further forward.
With our current DM crisis he may have to revert back to a 6 and will be painfully exposed again.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:31 pm

I am now a lone wolf with my mates on matchday criticising him but I wont back down pointing out hes only looking better as hes out of harms way further forward.
With our current DM crisis he may have to revert back to a 6 and will be painfully exposed again.
Keep fighting the good fight brother. 8)

I hope you are right about Vieira or Smith-Rowe replaces him. And hopefully ASAP.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:38 pm
gooner265 wrote:

Keep fighting the good fight brother. 8)

I hope you are right about Vieira or Smith-Rowe replaces him. And hopefully ASAP.
8) , As mr Petty says I wont back down :box:

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

You know what happened last time when we were down to bare bones in midfield and had an away game in Manchester right? :rubchin:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:49 pm
You know what happened last time when we were down to bare bones in midfield and had an away game in Manchester right? :rubchin:
Did we win? :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

gooner265 wrote:

Exactly his fuck ups only prevent us scoring - they don’t result in opposition goals.

Easily replaced in that “attacking” midfield role by ESR and presumably Vieira (only seen clips, but looks skilful with an eye for a cute through ball)

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

That's why replacing Xhaka was never a priority in this window , Smith-Rowe and Vieira have been placed to do that job . We already know that ESR is capable of replacing Odegaard and when the Norwegian is not being effective , he should be on immediately not on 80 minutes.
Our priority was getting a back up for Partey or improving on him . Currently we have Lokonga , who I expect to get special treatment from McTominay and a few others ,and Matt Smith from the under 23's or moving White forward as our only alternatives.
That's the midfielder we should have been looking at , Not Tielemans or Melo someone disciplined hard and clever enough not to get caught .

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:

This simply won't happen. I'm intrigued why you think it will 265? There's zero evidence for it and as suspect as our centre mid has been over the years, we've always had players that are light years ahead of this Laegue Two duffer and yet he still gets a regular place. Whether it's been Partey, ESR, Elneny, Guendouzi, Torriera, Lokonga, or any bloke from Hackney Marshes, every single one should have kept him out of the team, but he's the only ever-present.

After his idiotic red card at City last season, many said that it was time up for him, but as soon as the suspension was over, he was straight back in! For some totally inexplicable reason, he's untouchable. We could have Iniesta, Xabi and Busquets from their prime Barca days in the squad and this clown would still get a place.

It's not going to change...not fucking ever. Left to Arteta (and in fairness, the buffoons before him), this clown will be drawing his old age pension before his time is up.

:banghead: :banghead:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:11 pm
gooner265 wrote:

This simply won't happen. I'm intrigued why you think it will 265? There's zero evidence for it and as suspect as our centre mid has been over the years, we've always had players that are light years ahead of this Laegue Two duffer and yet he still gets a regular place. Whether it's been Partey, ESR, Elneny, Guendouzi, Torriera, Lokonga, or any bloke from Hackney Marshes, every single one should have kept him out of the team, but he's the only ever-present.

After his idiotic red card at City last season, many said that it was time up for him, but as soon as the suspension was over, he was straight back in! For some totally inexplicable reason, he's untouchable. We could have Iniesta, Xabi and Busquets from their prime Barca days in the squad and this clown would still get a place.

It's not going to change...not fucking ever. Left to Arteta (and in fairness, the buffoons before him), this clown will be drawing his old age pension before his time is up.

:banghead: :banghead:
Agree with both of you here. He does look better because he has been relieved of his defensive duties and I also don't think that he will be shunted out of the matchday squad unless someone like Douglas Luiz comes in or Lokonga plays beyond his current skill set.

I think that tactically, when we defend, Arteta wants a central midfielder who tucks in with the deepest lying midfielder. Maybe that will change later in the year, but at the moment, it looks like that is what he is doing.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Gonna give Xhaka some credit, for realising early on that if he put in the type of tackles McTomminey was getting away with, he'd have been sent off. Taken 6 years but finally got his head round how officiating works against utd, Liverpool, Chavs, city and spuds

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The season is early mate, give him time... There's a book being run by the Prem officials on who can red card him first.... not because they want to, but because they know he's as think as shyte and twice as smelly.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:00 pm
Gonna give Xhaka some credit, for realising early on that if he put in the type of tackles McTomminey was getting away with, he'd have been sent off. Taken 6 years but finally got his head round how officiating works against utd, Liverpool, Chavs, city and spuds

We are giving a guy credit for going missing in the first tough game we have had this season ?? Sweet jesus - because he didnt get sent off or give away a penalty we are giving him credit ?? We should lavish the same amount of praise on odeargod too then cos he was awol too, and ben white never tackled sancho once either, so he should get some love too

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

That bit when he went to kick it, missed it and went arse over tit on the touchline made me think we'd somehow reached the exact meeting point in the history of the universe between Eboue, Igor Stepanovs and Sebastian Squillaci.