The Official (Lobotomy Clive) Xhakatard is FINALLY gone thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: The Official (Clive) Xhakatard is a useless crunt thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:34 am
wibble wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:59 pm
Put a buildabet on today.
Arsenal to win, both teams to score, Jesus to have a shot on target…The only part that didn’t come in was Xhaka to get carded.
The one time I want him to commit one of his stupid fouls!!
:lol:

Don't worry mate. He'll make up for it. Lots. :roll: :wink:

Yup! Three certainties in life: Death, Taxes and ElCuntoClive getting carded. :D

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

This thread still going?

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

This is going to ruffle feathers, but he's been excellent this year. Maybe I will revise my opinion next month, but so far he's been great. The new position seems to have gotten the best out of him and I hope that he carries on.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Even at his very best, he is still too slow, ponderous on the ball and simply not at the skill level of the other players in the team, hence every time the ball is anywhere near him there's a very good chance of a Blunder. Bin him off asap, which of course regrettably I know won't happen. :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

begeegs wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:12 am
This is going to ruffle feathers, but he's been excellent this year. Maybe I will revise my opinion next month, but so far he's been great. The new position seems to have gotten the best out of him and I hope that he carries on.
Absolute horseshit mate. :roll: He hasn't. He just hasn't been as catastrophically bad as he usually is. He just hasn't given away the stupid penno yet or got red carded yet. Theres been no huge obvious clangers yet. Wait until we play a decent team and the pressure is on. He will revert to full idiot mode.

But performance-wise, he has still been poor as fuck, giving the ball away with stupid long 40 yard overhit diagonal balls and slowing down and breaking up our quick attacks. So he's been below average in every game this season, but somehow with this fucking guy, the bar gets set so low, we then get fans saying "he's played well".

I lost count of how many good attacks ended at his feet last night - and in our other games too. He is playing at a level that is above him skill-wise and intelligence-wise.

On his best day, he is still our worst player. Add in his fucking stupid arrogance and "leadership by pointing" nonsense and he's a complete lobotomy and a liability.

I don't know if you are just trolling here :wink: or caught up in the good start to the season, but if you'd said he had "played well" I'd have argued with you that no he hasn't, but to state he has been "excellent" is fucking mental mate. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:36 am
This thread still going?
Still pretending you're not a Liverpool fan? :wink:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:22 am

Absolute horseshit mate. :roll: He hasn't. He just hasn't been as catastrophically bad as he usually is. He just hasn't given away the stupid penno yet or got red carded yet. Theres been no huge obvious clangers yet. Wait until we play a decent team and the pressure is on. He will revert to full idiot mode.

But performance-wise, he has still been poor as fuck, giving the ball away with stupid long 40 yard overhit diagonal balls and slowing down and breaking up our quick attacks. So he's been below average in every game this season, but somehow with this fucking guy, the bar gets set so low, we then get fans saying "he's played well".

I lost count of how many good attacks ended at his feet last night - and in our other games too. He is playing at a level that is above him skill-wise and intelligence-wise.

On his best day, he is still our worst player. Add in his fucking stupid arrogance and "leadership by pointing" nonsense and he's a complete lobotomy and a liability.

I don't know if you are just trolling here :wink: or caught up in the good start to the season, but if you'd said he had "played well" I'd have argued with you that no he hasn't, but to state he has been "excellent" is fucking mental mate. :lol:
Well, there is a dominant opinion of him here that he's always awful, so every touch gets scrutinized to the nth degree and commented on negatively. He has 1 goal and two assists this year which is a really good return, so I don't agree with the narrative here so far this year. No trolling - I am just giving credit where it is due and don't agree that he is always terrible. He has his limitations, for sure, but this year, his performances have been so much better than years before and maybe that is down to his position changing.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

begeegs wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:55 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:22 am

Well, there is a dominant opinion of him here that he's always awful, so every touch gets scrutinized to the nth degree and commented on negatively. He has 1 goal and two assists this year which is a really good return, so I don't agree with the narrative here so far this year. No trolling - I am just giving credit where it is due and don't agree that he is always terrible. He has his limitations, for sure, but this year, his performances have been so much better than years before and maybe that is down to his position changing.
That's fine mate, it's all about opinions. But I disagree completely.

Also, hang on, wasn't one of those "assists" no more than a dodgy deflection off him....? :lol:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

begeegs wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:33 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:27 pm

Also, hang on, wasn't one of those "assists" no more than a dodgy deflection off him....? :lol:
And with that comment, you have proven my point :D

Dodgy deflection or not, it still counts as he was standing in the spot for the ball to hit him, albeit not exactly masterful.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

begeegs wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:34 pm
begeegs wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Dodgy deflection or not, it still counts as he was standing in the spot for the ball to hit him, albeit not exactly masterful.

Blimey Begeegs, I like your posts, but there's scraping the barrel and then there's this. :lol:

Our man Xhaka...he knows where to stand so that the ball hits him. We ought to be careful lest City or Barca come in for the "standing in the right deflection place" man. :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:46 pm
begeegs wrote:
begeegs wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Blimey Begeegs, I like your posts, but there's scraping the barrel and then there's this. :lol:

Our man Xhaka...he knows where to stand so that the ball hits him. We ought to be careful lest City or Barca come in for the "standing in the right deflection place" man. :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

I'll let my learned friend Retro's response stand for me on that one! :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:59 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:46 pm
begeegs wrote:
begeegs wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I'll let my learned friend Retro's response stand for me on that one! :wink:
Let's put it another way:

Either Xhaka moves THAT Fast he appears to be standing still, or he really is the Uber shytestain of a player 98% of us on here "know" him to be. :D

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I knew when I posted that I would be opening up a can of worms, but I stand by it. He's been good so far. Yes, he has limitations, but he has chances to create this year and has been a lot better than in the past. A goal and two assists, so far in 5 is a good return. 'It doesn't matter how they go in, only that they go in' is a saying that many people say and it rings true for me as well. He also has hit the woodwork against Leicester and his shot (?) against Villa ended up deflecting and allow for Jesus to score, so he is involved in more goal scoring opportunities than before because of the position change.

I know that he isn't a popular figure here, but for me, he's been a lot better than in seasons past and if he keeps up with the current level of production or even close, then he could have a great season. I am not saying that he can't be improved upon or he doesn't have limitations (especially defensively), but I will give him some credit for much better play so far. I am sure that once he has a brain dead moment that people will remind me of this post, so I do reserve the right to watch him cautiously. :D

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

begeegs wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:08 am
I knew when I posted that I would be opening up a can of worms, but I stand by it. He's been good so far. Yes, he has limitations, but he has chances to create this year and has been a lot better than in the past. A goal and two assists, so far in 5 is a good return. 'It doesn't matter how they go in, only that they go in' is a saying that many people say and it rings true for me as well. He also has hit the woodwork against Leicester and his shot (?) against Villa ended up deflecting and allow for Jesus to score, so he is involved in more goal scoring opportunities than before because of the position change.

I know that he isn't a popular figure here, but for me, he's been a lot better than in seasons past and if he keeps up with the current level of production or even close, then he could have a great season. I am not saying that he can't be improved upon or he doesn't have limitations (especially defensively), but I will give him some credit for much better play so far. I am sure that once he has a brain dead moment that people will remind me of this post, so I do reserve the right to watch him cautiously. :D

No, what, us??

:lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

begeegs wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:08 am

Hang on mate. You stretched it with his "ability to stand still and deflect the ball for an assist" but you completely broke it with that horseshit in red! :lol: Watch it again, he doesn't even glance up, he just badly crosses the ball straight into a villa player who accidentally deflected it to Jesus. You cannot seriously try to claim Lobotomy Clive did anything there but put in a poor scruffy cross ffs! :lol:

Honestly, reading what you've written in this post makes me think you are not actually watching him!