The Official (Lobotomy Clive) Xhakatard is FINALLY gone thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: The Official (Clive) Xhakatard is a useless **** thread

Post by BobbyPires7 »

fivetothree wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 12:24 pm
Lol love all the hate here for a player who once actually gave it back to 'fans' abusing him.

He has had his best season in an Arsenal shirt, but usual suspects here can't let go of the hate. Partey would be a better departure - is injury prone, will get a higher fee in all likelihood.
I’d get your facts right before going out on such a limb. From memory Xhaka was booed because he was being subbed as we were drawing the game. We had led 2-0 early and then VAR had given them a penalty for an initial dive from Zaha. Still don’t know how VAR overturned it but there you go. Xhaka hadn’t played well and in order to try to win the game Emery subbed him for a young Saka. Instead of going off quickly he just ambled off as if time wasting. Read the link below of the game. But I’ve copied a direct quote from the match report….

“Arsenal had conceded a two-goal lead so there was a sense of urgency that was not reflected in his slow stroll towards the technical area, anger growing with every laboured stride.

He then waved his arms towards Arsenal's fans before foolishly cupping his ear and going through the most cursory of gestures with Emery, also appearing to exchange words with supporters. Xhaka then took off his shirt and went straight down the tunnel.”

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50113576

We were trying to win the fucking game and our captain decides to waste the side’s time because he was unhappy at being subbed. He had also played poorly. He was booed for his petulance initially and then he blew it all up by throwing his shirt on the ground and cupping his ear. The bloke is a grade A c unt.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 8:53 pm
fivetothree wrote:
Lol love all the hate here for a player who once actually gave it back to 'fans' abusing him.

He has had his best season in an Arsenal shirt, but usual suspects here can't let go of the hate. Partey would be a better departure - is injury prone, will get a higher fee in all likelihood.
There's barely a public figure in this world who hasn't run into online abuse - sad but true. Maybe Saka, Sancho and Rashford should walk off at Wembley next time England play and flick a V sign to 90000 people just because of same racist morons who trolled them online?

Maybe politicians who get stuffed thrown at them and death threats most week, should knock on the doors of their constituents and tell them all to Fuck Off, because that would be a great look wouldn't it?

He not only swore at the fans that day, but he refused to meaningfully apologise and had a foot out of the door before Arteta inexplicably talked him into staying

He then blamed all his colleagues for the defeat at Newcastle last season, having been pathetic himself that day and many others with his gormless sending offs like at Anfield and the Etihad. Was there one hint of remorse? Was their fuck

The man is a grade A asshole and just wait to hear what comes out of his trap when he leaves. Eboue got worse in the stadium the day he got subbed and he didn't once abuse the fans and didn't say a bad word about the Arsenal
He didn't apologies because some 'fans' were abusing his family online. I wouldn't forgive that, why should he?

Newcastle - I think he blamed the team, including himself didn't he? He has definitely had some braindead moments, but he should never have been played in a position where his lack of pace should have been exposed.

I don't even think he is that good a player and we should upgrade on him, but some of the vitriol on here towards him is weird and to be frank, a bit pathetic.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:20 am
fivetothree wrote:

I’d get your facts right before going out on such a limb. From memory Xhaka was booed because he was being subbed as we were drawing the game. We had led 2-0 early and then VAR had given them a penalty for an initial dive from Zaha. Still don’t know how VAR overturned it but there you go. Xhaka hadn’t played well and in order to try to win the game Emery subbed him for a young Saka. Instead of going off quickly he just ambled off as if time wasting. Read the link below of the game. But I’ve copied a direct quote from the match report….

“Arsenal had conceded a two-goal lead so there was a sense of urgency that was not reflected in his slow stroll towards the technical area, anger growing with every laboured stride.

He then waved his arms towards Arsenal's fans before foolishly cupping his ear and going through the most cursory of gestures with Emery, also appearing to exchange words with supporters. Xhaka then took off his shirt and went straight down the tunnel.”

We were trying to win the fucking game and our captain decides to waste the side’s time because he was unhappy at being subbed. He had also played poorly. He was booed for his petulance initially and then he blew it all up by throwing his shirt on the ground and cupping his ear. The bloke is a grade A c unt.
I'm aware of what happened. He shouldn't have done it and he made a mistake, but 4 years later he is still getting this kind of abuse? Grow up.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

fivetothree wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:45 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

I'm aware of what happened. He shouldn't have done it and he made a mistake, but 4 years later he is still getting this kind of abuse? Grow up.
Why do I need to grow up? The bloke’s a liability. Has never properly apologised. One of the most arrogant players to ever play for us. To be perfectly honest I was urging him to get off the pitch that day. That was all. His reaction to that was bizarre. All people wanted him to do was get off the pitch so we could try to win the game. He seemed to be trying to bait the crowd. And he was captain. I think he’s been ok this season but no more than that.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

fivetothree wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

This is horseshit. If you are trying to say the only reason he is hated and looked on as a shit player is because of that one incident 4 years ago then you are definitely a WUM. I cannot be fucked to spell it out again but read back through this thread where it is well documented what a useless cowardly prick the guy is. Then watch the Amazon thing again and watch in open mouthed shock as this supposed "leader" acts like a spoiled brat throughout and embarrassingly tries to blame a kid (Saka) for his own fuck up on the pitch. It's all well documented in this thread.

Read it before you go around telling people to "grow up" ffs.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:20 am
fivetothree wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

This is horseshit. If you are trying to say the only reason he is hated and looked on as a shit player is because of that one incident 4 years ago then you are definitely a WUM. I cannot be fucked to spell it out again but read back through this thread where it is well documented what a useless cowardly prick the guy is. Then watch the Amazon thing again and watch in open mouthed shock as this supposed "leader" acts like a spoiled brat throughout and embarrassingly tries to blame a kid (Saka) for his own fuck up on the pitch. It's all well documented in this thread.

Read it before you go around telling people to "grow up" ffs.
It absolutely is the case. There are plenty of players who have let us down on the pitch (Almunia, Eboue, Diaby etc) and acted badly in the past (Cole, Adebayor, Nasri and others) but no one has had the kind of treatment here that Xhaka has.

The difference is because of the fan incident. Again, you keep using this WUM acronym what is it, Wenger Ultimate Manager?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Wind up merchant :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I don’t think anyone is wumming here. What I do think is that people miss the subtleties of why people might have been pissed off. Xhaka had been made captain despite not really leading the team. His performances were littered with petulance and he had cost the team with the odd sending off and misplaced pass. No one wanted him as captain. In the Palace game he was subbed for the better good (to try to win the game). He ambled off as if he were 2 nil up in a cup final trying to run the clock down. Considering we had blown a 2 nil lead and needed to win to keep with top 4 it was total numb skull stuff to show that level of petulance at being subbed. I know because I was there that people couldn’t believe their eyes as he almost refused to leave the field. Initially people encouraged him to hurry up, which simply slowed him down. By the time he got to the edge of the pitch a few people were booing him. He then lost the plot. He literally can’t see anything apart from how things affect HIM. Which is why he is not a captain.

By the way can you ever remember a captain being subbed for poor performance and tactical reasons? Which sort of tells you that he was never captain material. Never indispensable. Never going to lead us to anything.

The social media abuse is unacceptable, agreed. He would however have done a lot better if given that time again. He stoked most of it up himself and then never apologised. He hasn’t changed to the present day as we saw at Anfield.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Granit Xhaka’s move to Bayer Leverkusen is now ‘just a matter of the final details’. @FabrizioRomano

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 12:50 pm
Granit Xhaka’s move to Bayer Leverkusen is now ‘just a matter of the final details’. @FabrizioRomano
Yea, I don't think there is any doubt he is going. Does anybody who supports him ever ask themselves this question......If Xhaka has been that good, if this season has been largely due to him, why are we selling him??
It's like saying...man you have been an absolute revelation this season, your redemption is complete, our incredible form up to 2 months ago is largely due to YOUR incredible form. In fact you have impressed us so much we are going to sell you :? :?

Is Pep selling de Bruyne?

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

xisstential wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:57 pm
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... l-transfer

Xhaka sending messages to the board now telling them what they need to do next :|

Let us have our say........You must go now. No more yakking, no more advice, we don't even want your thanks. In order for the healing process to begin, it is imperative that you leave now.

Don't even worry about the Wolves game, we'll hook someone out of the crowd to stand where you normally stand. Your main job now is to leave.
Oh the irony of this ' must take a step forward ' , you leaving is a step forward you Clive.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

That is spot on , I was there that night and ne er seen an attitude like it was disgusting but its a lit more than that as has been documented above already , just his omission improves our team.

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 1:22 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Yea, I don't think there is any doubt he is going. Does anybody who supports him ever ask themselves this question......If Xhaka has been that good, if this season has been largely due to him, why are we selling him??
It's like saying...man you have been an absolute revelation this season, your redemption is complete, our incredible form up to 2 months ago is largely due to YOUR incredible form. In fact you have impressed us so much we are going to sell you :? :?

Is Pep selling de Bruyne?

Did you see the see through top de bruyne's missus wore to their celebrations Sunday night ? There was tits and nipples everywhere :the_doris_2: Selling him I dont think so - he probably got a rise Monday morning :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
If only he could take some of our idiot fans with him. :lol:

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

Couldn't agree more :wink: