The Official (Lobotomy Clive) Xhakatard is FINALLY gone thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: The Official (Lobotomy Clive) Xhakatard is FINALLY gone thread

Post by the playing mantis »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:09 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:19 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:12 pm
Sometimes I go to twitter to have a look for arsenal news and I get fucking xhaxa appreciation posts

A large percent of our fanbase is a dose of shite
All clubs have them. Thick as shite superfans that can never see wrong in the club, never admit a player is shit, never admit when we were beaten by a better team. Embarrassing fucking mongs. :oops:
If I go back 20-30 years and beyond, I genuinely used to think that we had the most sensible, honest and fair minded supporters of any I knew. We knew our strengths and weaknesses, knew where the club was getting things wrong and acknowledged better sides.

Conversely, in the course of the last 20 years, it seems that we've come to have more idiot supporters than other clubs. They seem to view supporting a team as a religion, or even a fucking cult, where nothing can be questioned and the whole world is seen through red and white spectacles. These cretins actually damage the club and are the reason that the Old Fraud was able to carry out his grifting for 10 years longer than he should have.

I think there's probably something in what a lot of people on here were saying a few years ago, that the modern game and the cost of watching (even on Sky etc) was driving old school supporters away and leaving us with clueless kids and parvenus.
It's a wider social issue

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:21 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sometimes I go to twitter to have a look for arsenal news and I get fucking xhaxa appreciation posts

All clubs have them. Thick as shite superfans that can never see wrong in the club, never admit a player is shit, never admit when we were beaten by a better team. Embarrassing fucking mongs. :oops:
If I go back 20-30 years and beyond, I genuinely used to think that we had the most sensible, honest and fair minded supporters of any I knew. We knew our strengths and weaknesses, knew where the club was getting things wrong and acknowledged better sides.

Conversely, in the course of the last 20 years, it seems that we've come to have more idiot supporters than other clubs. They seem to view supporting a team as a religion, or even a fucking cult, where nothing can be questioned and the whole world is seen through red and white spectacles. These cretins actually damage the club and are the reason that the Old Fraud was able to carry out his grifting for 10 years longer than he should have.

I think there's probably something in what a lot of people on here were saying a few years ago, that the modern game and the cost of watching (even on Sky etc) was driving old school supporters away and leaving us with clueless kids and parvenus.
It's a wider social issue

Yes, we certainly have the same unthinking, tribal mentality tearing society apart. It's bad here and absolutely bonkers in the States.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Excellent post Retro couldn't agree more. I'll give you a good example to me the best player of the Emirates era was Cesc he played brilliantly for us for 7 years then left to join his boyhood club and play alongside Messi and play under Guardiola who wouldn't do that? Then after 3 years in Barca they let him go.We had first option to buy him and he would have jumped at the chance to come back but Wenger the idiot turned it down.Then he joined Chelsea and won two leagues with them but our cult fans called him a traitor.What was he supposed to do retire when Wenger didn't take him back.Do West Ham fans call Rice a traitor?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Ernie71 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:12 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Excellent post Retro couldn't agree more. I'll give you a good example to me the best player of the Emirates era was Cesc he played brilliantly for us for 7 years then left to join his boyhood club and play alongside Messi and play under Guardiola who wouldn't do that? Then after 3 years in Barca they let him go.We had first option to buy him and he would have jumped at the chance to come back but Wenger the idiot turned it down.Then he joined Chelsea and won two leagues with them but our cult fans called him a traitor.What was he supposed to do retire when Wenger didn't take him back.Do West Ham fans call Rice a traitor?

Absolutely agree Ernie. Cesc was a fabulous player for us, playing in a side that wasn't worthy of his talent to be honest and dragging us along for years. He would have come back to us from Barca, but as you say, the stubborn old fool Wenger didn't want him back (I've a feeling that we had first refusal on him, but might be wrong). Why shouldn't he go to Chelsea or anywhere else in that case. As you say, we couldn't expect him to hang up his boots because the old clown didn't want him.

Northern49

Post by Northern49 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:12 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Agree, I was disappointed by it, no doubt, but I was more disappointed that Wenger didn't want him back.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

Hilarious. Congrats Xhaka. Most hated player on this forum.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Wengerballs wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:48 pm
Who gives a fuck what he wins.

Last season it all went tits up after he put on his hard man act.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I have this dreadful suspicion (call it paranoia if you like) that when xhakaClive was leaving he spoke to zinchenko at length and handing him a flash stick containing extremely dodgy photo's and information on Arteta said something along the lines of: "I confer on you the title of 'Clive The Walking Clusterfuck', now go and do whatever you like, because with 'this' in your possession you shall never be dropped no matter how shit you play; unless injured "... and Lo and behold we were fucked up the arris by utter incompetence once again.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:35 am
Wengerballs wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:48 pm
Who gives a fuck what he wins.

Last season it all went tits up after he put on his hard man act.
Exactly. His retarded fucking carry on at anfield was the moment that provoked our complete collapse last season. Fuck the stupid cùnt. They won that title in spite of Lobotomy Clive, not because of him. :censored:

And also Fat Tongue brought the tottnumb curse to Bayern with him. :lol:

madjens

Post by madjens »

Decent player mismanaged at Arsenal, where have we seen that before

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

madjens wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:19 am
Decent player mismanaged at Arsenal, where have we seen that before
He’s had three mangers and persistently been a liability; let’s just face facts, he’s a hindrance rather than a help.

He ‘looked good*’ in Germany prior us signing him and he’s now part of a German team that won the league, but all I know is that during his entire time in England he was nothing more
than a liability that was prone to the stupidest mistakes which cost us dearly.

*so we’re lead to believe.