The Official (Lobotomy Clive) Xhakatard is FINALLY gone thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: The Official (Clive) Xhakatard is a useless crunt thread

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:47 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:01 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:46 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:11 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:33 pm

We are giving a guy credit for going missing in the first tough game we have had this season ?? Sweet jesus - because he didnt get sent off or give away a penalty we are giving him credit ?? We should lavish the same amount of praise on odeargod too then cos he was awol too, and ben white never tackled sancho once either, so he should get some love too

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He gets worse. It's WUM stuff. He knows it's bollocks but there's always a crafty agenda behind these type of posts. He's been defending Ramsdale against my doubts about him (perfectly fair enough) and on the Fulham thread he made some nonsense post, out of nowhere, that Ramsdale had won us the points! All because he made a couple of saves that a keeper should be shot for not making. He was obviously trying to lay the foundation for a defence of Ramsdale if (when?) he starts costing us points, when he'll refer back to spurious points that he'll claim he won for us. I didn't even have to respond, because someone else called him out on the bullshit.
Obviously, that's why I hide bitchy comments in other threads! No need to get personal Retro. You didn't respond to my Ramsdale post because you agreed with it.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, that's it, I thought Ramsdale won us the Fulham game with his two everyday saves, that's exactly what I thought.

Seriously mate, you're entitled to your opinion and things shouldn't get personal, but do you genuinely believe all of the stuff you post, or are some of the posts passive aggressive digs, or craftily pushing an agenda.

As entitled to your opinion as you are, I sincerely doubt that anyone else would actually credit Ramsdale for the Fulham victory, after making a couple of decent saves, but saves that any keeper would be pilloried for not making. Your latest gem above was that Xhaka was actually using his loaf in the Utd game and not making tackles because he knew he'd be sent off!

With respect, comments like those lead people to think that you don't have much of an idea about the game. Doesn't mean you can't follow it and enjoy it, but it's why you're frequently called out on here.
So, Ramsdale making a save from a direct attempt on goal in the last minute of the game doesn't count as a match winning save?
The Xhaka post was pure sarcasm. Finally, engaging his brain before doing something wreckless like we've seen so many times before. Taking a positive out of a disappointing result.
Yeah, I'm pushing a "woke" agenda to get ALL people on here to support the team, win, lose or draw. Yes, I'm a spy reporting back to the Kroenkes. That was funny, if a bit condescending.
Given your name Retro, I take it that you've been a supporter as long as I have been and I won't insult your knowledge of the club. Don't be fooled by the 89.
No one's called me out, as you state, they simply don't agree with my opinion. Wouldn't this forum be depressively boring if we all had the same opinion as Augie (sorry, mate😁).
Thanks Shu for pointing out people are entitled to their opinion.

I wish I could ignore this stuff, but fuck me it's hard. :lol:

Firstly, no, a last minute save is not a match winning save if it's a save that any professional keeper can be reasonably expected to make and that's exactly what those saves were. I suppose we'll now get involved with semantics and claims that if he hadn't saved it, we wouldn't have won. I think you know that it's not how people view "match winning" saves. Had it been the type of save he made for the free kick at Leicester last season, then I might agree, but I won't be calling a regular save "match winning" and I doubt many others will.

I'm afraid I don't follow the references to "woke" and spying for the Kroenkes. Nothing I've ever said and no idea what you're on about.

I suspect I've got quite a few years on you, but it's irrelevant. I don't give a damn if someone is 18 or 80, I'll judge them on their football knowledge.

As for being called out...you must have skin thicker than a rhino if it passes you by. One of Augie's responses to you is "Stop with the bullshit", but I guess he's only expressing a different opinion eh? :lol:
Last edited by Retro Gunner on Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:15 am
It's good for balance to have some more positive posters on here. I like Nos89's positivity mostly. Sometimes it goes over the top, but for fucks sake lads, so does the negativity! And I include myself in that too. :wink:

Fuck me. Now we've got a happy clappy Mod running around.

Flowers in your hair yet DB??

:D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:18 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
It's good for balance to have some more positive posters on here. I like Nos89's positivity mostly. Sometimes it goes over the top, but for fucks sake lads, so does the negativity! And I include myself in that too. :wink:

:lol:

I can never walk the road of true happiness and contentment whilst the jersey of the Arsenal is soiled with the shit of the one they call Lobotomy Clive. :cry:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:22 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:18 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

I can never walk the road of true happiness and contentment whilst the jersey of the Arsenal is soiled with the shit of the one they call Lobotomy Clive. :cry:

Now that's what I call a proper post. Good to have you back so quickly.

:lol: :wink:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Ok I have to ask as I seriously have no idea why and can't be bothered to read through the posts, but why is he nick-named Clive?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

begeegs wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:42 pm
Ok I have to ask as I seriously have no idea why and can't be bothered to read through the posts, but why is he nick-named Clive?

Briliant. I know how you feel Begeegs. I hadn't been on here for a while and when i next came on people were calling him Clive. :lol:

I'll leave it to DB to explain.

Ps. Personally I prefer "Clubfoot".

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:01 pm
begeegs wrote:

Briliant. I know how you feel Begeegs. I hadn't been on here for a while and when i next came on people were calling him Clive. :lol:

Lazy. Cùnts. :lol: :wink:

One quick copy and paste from earlier in this thread....

In my old weekly five a side game we had a guy called "Clive" playing. He only got in because he was mates with one of the organisers. It was a great game and everyone could play a bit.... except Clive. But Clive was the loudest fucker on that pitch.

All the way through the hour you'd hear variations of: "Clive's ball! Go left, go left! To Clive, to Clive! John go back! Dave to me! To me!"

Everyone hated the plank. One night one of the lads finally lost it and stopped, picked up the ball, and yelled at Clive (word for word): "Clive! You are by far the worst player down here so can you shut the fuck up?!" 

Clive.  8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:16 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He gets worse. It's WUM stuff. He knows it's bollocks but there's always a crafty agenda behind these type of posts. He's been defending Ramsdale against my doubts about him (perfectly fair enough) and on the Fulham thread he made some nonsense post, out of nowhere, that Ramsdale had won us the points! All because he made a couple of saves that a keeper should be shot for not making. He was obviously trying to lay the foundation for a defence of Ramsdale if (when?) he starts costing us points, when he'll refer back to spurious points that he'll claim he won for us. I didn't even have to respond, because someone else called him out on the bullshit.
Obviously, that's why I hide bitchy comments in other threads! No need to get personal Retro. You didn't respond to my Ramsdale post because you agreed with it.

Yeah, that's it, I thought Ramsdale won us the Fulham game with his two everyday saves, that's exactly what I thought.

Seriously mate, you're entitled to your opinion and things shouldn't get personal, but do you genuinely believe all of the stuff you post, or are some of the posts passive aggressive digs, or craftily pushing an agenda.

As entitled to your opinion as you are, I sincerely doubt that anyone else would actually credit Ramsdale for the Fulham victory, after making a couple of decent saves, but saves that any keeper would be pilloried for not making. Your latest gem above was that Xhaka was actually using his loaf in the Utd game and not making tackles because he knew he'd be sent off!

With respect, comments like those lead people to think that you don't have much of an idea about the game. Doesn't mean you can't follow it and enjoy it, but it's why you're frequently called out on here.
So, Ramsdale making a save from a direct attempt on goal in the last minute of the game doesn't count as a match winning save?
The Xhaka post was pure sarcasm. Finally, engaging his brain before doing something wreckless like we've seen so many times before. Taking a positive out of a disappointing result.
Yeah, I'm pushing a "woke" agenda to get ALL people on here to support the team, win, lose or draw. Yes, I'm a spy reporting back to the Kroenkes. That was funny, if a bit condescending.
Given your name Retro, I take it that you've been a supporter as long as I have been and I won't insult your knowledge of the club. Don't be fooled by the 89.
No one's called me out, as you state, they simply don't agree with my opinion. Wouldn't this forum be depressively boring if we all had the same opinion as Augie (sorry, mate😁).

Firstly, no, a last minute save is not a match winning save if it's a save that any professional keeper can be reasonably expected to make and that's exactly what those saves were. I suppose we'll now get involved with semantics and claims that if he hadn't saved it, we wouldn't have won. I think you know that it's not how people view "match winning" saves. Had it been the type of save he made for the free kick at Leicester last season, then I might agree, but I won't be calling a regular save "match winning" and I doubt many others will.

I'm afraid I don't follow the references to "woke" and spying for the Kroenkes. Nothing I've ever said and no idea what you're on about.

I suspect I've got quite a few years on you, but it's irrelevant. I don't give a damn if someone is 18 or 80, I'll judge them on their football knowledge.

As for being called out...you must have skin thicker than a rhino if it passes you by. One of Augie's responses to you is "Stop with the bullshit", but I guess he's only expressing a different opinion eh? :lol:
Saka scores a goal in the last minute of the match making it 2-1 and that is a match winning goal, yet if Ramsdale makes a good save in the last minute in the match preventing the opposing team from taking the lead, or in the case of the Fulham game, preventing them from drawing level, that isn't a match winning save, but an outstanding save in the 17th minute can be a match winning save, that is experienced football logic I guess.
You may well have been watching Arsenal for 60 years, doesn't mean you've got great football knowledge, just means you're lucky enough to experience football before it went commercial.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:30 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Saka scores a goal in the last minute of the match making it 2-1 and that is a match winning goal, yet if Ramsdale makes a good save in the last minute in the match preventing the opposing team from taking the lead, or in the case of the Fulham game, preventing them from drawing level, that isn't a match winning save, but an outstanding save in the 17th minute can be a match winning save, that is experienced football logic I guess.
You may well have been watching Arsenal for 60 years, doesn't mean you've got great football knowledge, just means you're lucky enough to experience football before it went commercial.

Oh dear, I knew I shouldn't have got involved in this and I knew the semantics would appear. You're like a dog with a bone.

Ok, last time...you are quite entitled to view things exactly as you choose, but I'd suggest that you're very often out of touch with how the vast majority of football supporters see obvious things. Using your example, if we are 2-1 up and in the last minute the opposition striker badly scuffs a shot from 18 yds, which is on target, but literally dribbles to Ramsdale, who's got time to light a fag before he casually bends to pick up the ball, is that a match winning save? Using your logic, if stopping the 3mph dribbler prevents an equaliser, then yes. Trouble is Nos, no one but you would see that as a match winning save.

There's clearly a spectrum in viewing these things. A goal scored to win the match is by definition a match winning goal, whether its a 25 yd screamer, or a 3 yd shinner, but you can't apply that to a save or a defenders tackle, unless they're beyond what can be reasonably expected. So, a worldy of a save in the last minute, to protect the win, sure, call it match winning, but a save where a keeper is doing his job and he'd be slated for not making it, is hardly match winning.

I fully realise that I'm wasting my time explaining this, but I thought it might be worth one last go.

As for how long I've been watching football and thinking I've got great knowledge, please stop with the strawman arguments. I made it very clear that age is irrelevant and that I judge people's knowledge on what they say and nowhere have I said that I possess great football knowledge. These strange accusations do you no favours, as in your particularly odd claims that I said you had a "woke" pro Arsenal agenda and that you were a spy for the Kroenkes...neither of which I said. I worry about you mate.

Ps. I actually DO possess great football knowledge, but maybe that's because I'm 140 years old.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:26 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:01 pm
begeegs wrote:

Lazy. Cùnts. :lol: :wink:

One quick copy and paste from earlier in this thread....

In my old weekly five a side game we had a guy called "Clive" playing. He only got in because he was mates with one of the organisers. It was a great game and everyone could play a bit.... except Clive. But Clive was the loudest fucker on that pitch.

All the way through the hour you'd hear variations of: "Clive's ball! Go left, go left! To Clive, to Clive! John go back! Dave to me! To me!"

Everyone hated the plank. One night one of the lads finally lost it and stopped, picked up the ball, and yelled at Clive (word for word): "Clive! You are by far the worst player down here so can you shut the fuck up?!" 

Clive.  8)
OR

CliveElCunto to those who really care!. :D :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:47 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Oh dear, I knew I shouldn't have got involved in this and I knew the semantics would appear. You're like a dog with a bone.

Ok, last time...you are quite entitled to view things exactly as you choose, but I'd suggest that you're very often out of touch with how the vast majority of football supporters see obvious things. Using your example, if we are 2-1 up and in the last minute the opposition striker badly scuffs a shot from 18 yds, which is on target, but literally dribbles to Ramsdale, who's got time to light a fag before he casually bends to pick up the ball, is that a match winning save? Using your logic, if stopping the 3mph dribbler prevents an equaliser, then yes. Trouble is Nos, no one but you would see that as a match winning save.

There's clearly a spectrum in viewing these things. A goal scored to win the match is by definition a match winning goal, whether its a 25 yd screamer, or a 3 yd shinner, but you can't apply that to a save or a defenders tackle, unless they're beyond what can be reasonably expected. So, a worldy of a save in the last minute, to protect the win, sure, call it match winning, but a save where a keeper is doing his job and he'd be slated for not making it, is hardly match winning.

I fully realise that I'm wasting my time explaining this, but I thought it might be worth one last go.

As for how long I've been watching football and thinking I've got great knowledge, please stop with the strawman arguments. I made it very clear that age is irrelevant and that I judge people's knowledge on what they say and nowhere have I said that I possess great football knowledge. These strange accusations do you no favours, as in your particularly odd claims that I said you had a "woke" pro Arsenal agenda and that you were a spy for the Kroenkes...neither of which I said. I worry about you mate.

Ps. I actually DO possess great football knowledge, but maybe that's because I'm 140 years old.
You've lost me mate. What on earth has a young public school pre-pubescent boy got to do with Football? :?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:28 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

You've lost me mate. What on earth has a young public school pre-pubescent boy got to do with Football? :?

We didn't have too many fags in East London schools Bard, but if we had, I’d have made sure that Nos was mine. It would have been very Tom Brown’s Schooldays for those that remember that.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:21 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:28 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

We didn't have too many fags in East London schools Bard, but if we had, I’d have made sure that Nos was mine. It would have been very Tom Brown’s Schooldays for those that remember that.

The ole Tom Brown routine eh!? Sat No More! :lol: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Happy Birthday Granit

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:33 am
Happy Birthday Granit