The Official (Lobotomy Clive) Xhakatard is FINALLY gone thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: The Official (Clive) Xhakatard is a useless crunt thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

fivetothree wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:40 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:14 pm
fivetothree wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:30 pm
You are deluded by your hate mate. There was nothing in the Amazon documentary showing that.

Xhaka has definitely improved this year. Is he good enough for a title team? No, and we will probably upgrade him at the end of the season. But your blinkers with him are laughable tbh.

There were a number of incidents - Try looking again, unless of course you are a Clive Luvvie :?
Did you miss where I said we should upgrade him at the end of the season? You belong on AFTV.

Haven't watched it in over 3 years now but something tells me from the kind of things you say in your posts on here that you are one of those wanna be famous types who does go on there. :roll:

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:19 am
fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
You are deluded by your hate mate. There was nothing in the Amazon documentary showing that.

Xhaka has definitely improved this year. Is he good enough for a title team? No, and we will probably upgrade him at the end of the season. But your blinkers with him are laughable tbh.

There were a number of incidents - Try looking again, unless of course you are a Clive Luvvie :?
Did you miss where I said we should upgrade him at the end of the season? You belong on AFTV.

Haven't watched it in over 3 years now but something tells me from the kind of things you say in your posts on here that you are one of those wanna be famous types who does go on there. :roll:
No, I actually understand nuance and being to form your own opinion. You are spouting the kind of sh1te that they spout.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

fivetothree wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:39 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:29 pm
fivetothree wrote:

Deluded? Laughable? :lol: After some of the deluded garbage you have posted on here? :lol: Get a fucking grip mate. Don't be stupid.

Before you come on here with shit accusations like that, take off your fanboy blinkers and watch the Amazon thing again. Watch where Smith-Rowe sneers at him for always walking right back into the team. Watch where Saka takes him to task for cowardly blaming his fuck up on Saka. Watch where after nealy every bad result, he struts into the dressing room ranting and spouting shit after being the worst player on the pitch and look at the faces on his teammates. Watch where he tells his team mates to release the ball quicker after he has slowed down every attack we have had and look again at the faces around him. Watch the hilarious scene where he rants and screams like a spoiled child and the entire dressing room has had enough and just ignores him.
You are unhinged, he does none of that in the documentary. He has a go at the team when they underperform - good, didn't see anyone else there doing it.

Lol, I barely post here. Get in the bin.
Unhinged now huh? Again, get a grip. It's an Internet forum. It's about opinions. I hate him as a "man" because he is a bullshitting bluffer and a coward and a spoiled lying piece of shit that even dropped the race card on his clubs fans.

As a player I've seen his catastrophically shit performances over the last 6 years far outweigh the good ones so I'm well within my rights to call him what he is: shit.

Even on Sunday as we fought hard for a huge win that carries a massive confidence boost knock on effect he was the one doing the stupid shit and risking getting sent off. Why? Over what? A leg breaker? An elbow to the face? No. Over words. Yes, horrible words if what the rumours say are true, but still just words. He's a self centred liability.

Tbh I think anyone that looks at the clown and sees a good footballer or a leader is unhinged. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

fivetothree wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:20 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

No, I actually understand nuance and being to form your own opinion.
No you don't. You haven't got a clue mate! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:18 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:26 pm
Gunnerz4life wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:59 am
Gunnerz4life wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:31 am
Gotta love the labeling of anyone who has anything different to say other than "Xhaka is a c*nt" as a supafan and Clive luvvie. Yet those same individuals whine about being labelled negative.

Not hypocritical at all.
Not everyone though. Just a few complete morons. :wink:

Not sure where you get the idea anyone on here "whines" about being labelled negative. :lol: Most on here don't care a single fuck what some rose tinted superfan thinks about them - or anything else for that matter.

If you know anything about football and football fans you'll know the vast majority of fans have a mix of positivity and negativity in their feelings towards their club, manager and players. Then there's the group of childlike deluded superfans that cannot see or admit to themselves that their club and everything associated with their club isn't perfect, the kind that get upset when the negative aspects of their club are pointed out.

Every club has them. Arsenal unfortunately have quite a large chunk of them. You go on any other club's forums, and on a lot of football websites, and the fans that get the piss taken out of them and are mocked the most are Arsenal fans. Of course utter shit like AFTV and our more vocal Twatter based fans haven't helped there. :roll:

We've been lucky on this forum that those kind of delusional rose tinted fans don't tend to join and if they do most of them don't stick around too long.
There are two ends to the scale mate. Fans whose default tendency is to criticize and mock everything that the club does, who have a proconceived opinion about some players and manager that they would rather be proven right over than the club doing well are as much a 'credit' to the fanbase as the deluded supafans that you described who can't hear a bad thing about the club.

It's funny that you mentioned AFTV because that channel gained popularity/notoriety due to the avalanche of negative opinions about the club and Wenger during his later years. Yet it seems that some people are still stuck in that era of cynicism when after years the general fanbase are united and excited about what this group of players can achieve.

People get mocked around here for "flip flopping" but I have more respect for those who are willing to change their views than those who are way too stuck up in their opinions and no evidence on the contrary is good enough for them.

Lastly and my better sense is asking me to ignore it as it is a frivolous thing but I do wonder what is the motivation behind not giving the manager the basic courtesy of being called by his name other than a misplaced sense of self importance and propensity to mock.
Oh dear. "Self importance"? On a football forum? :lol:

It's called banter, sarcasm. I've called him Martinez-Lite since he was appointed and will do so as long as I like - it is a free world after all - but it originates as a sarcastic comparison to the likeable but not very successful Roberto Martinez. When he wins me over I'll probably revert to calling him Arteta but he hasn't win me over yet.

I liked him as a player but don't care if he is likeable as a manager, or if he makes the club a nice place to be, he has to win trophies. When he does that he gets my vote. And contrary to the rubbish some people post on here I actually do want him to win trophies and be successful.

As for flip flopping.... I'm not referring to people that grow to change an opinion over time, or are proven wrong, accept that, and change their opinion... I'm referring to the loudmouths that suddenly switch to the opposite opinion and are then equally obnoxious in presenting their new opinion.

I do agree though that the intractability of opinion does certainly cut both ways. We had posters on here that could not bring themselves to enjoy the three last FA Cups that we won, before Martinez-Lite came in, because Wenger was the manager. I've never understood that.
I can't say that I get the banter and sarcasm in calling a someone who has just come in a mocking name. I wonder what Arteta had done to gain that privilege when we don't feel the need to give new players colorful names. I am glad that you had mentioned that you have used the name ever since he was appointed because that is exactly my point about bias and agendas. You obviously didn't and don't rate him, you thought and think that he is a novice who is going to flop and it is apparently upto him to prove you wrong.

Not every game that we will lose this season will be down to a Xhaka howler or an Arteta mistake :wink: . When he started Tomi yesterday, I was a bit worried, not for us because I knew Tomi is more than capable but for Arteta for the flack he would have received if Salah had skinned Tomi and put one in the top corner (which he is more than capable of doing to KT). Yet does Arteta get any credit for getting it right? Nope.

The fact that Arteta is having to fight a preconceived notion and negative opinion of him with certain fans of no real fault of his is inherently unfair. Forget fairness, how is a comparison with Martinez even logical when Arteta had no previous history of failure?

And Arteta has already delivered a "trophy" but that did not give him any leeway with the name calling now did it? There is a sense of entitlement with certain fans when it comes to winning trophies but they are not willing to invest in the 'process' or what it would take to get us there. Trophies are brilliant and the ultimate goal but progression is not solely dependent on them. We won the odd FA cups under Wenger and while they were fantastic, but they did not get us anywhere as a football club, the gap between the PL top teams and us kept on increasing.

Being a manager of a top club like Arsenal, Arteta will be judged on trophies but his contribution thus far and hopefully going forth in creating a team and a mentality to compete for the top honors should be respected.
Oh fuck me. I'm too tired after a horrendous day in work to even think about responding in full to this one! :lol: :wink:

Suffice to say I disagree with most of it, and you completely over read and misinterpreted most of what I was saying.

But I will respond in full soon. :D :wink:

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:57 pm
fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Why don't you make another Martinez lite comment, they are so hilarious!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

No, I actually understand nuance and being to form your own opinion. You are spouting the kind of sh1te that they spout.

That doesn't make sense .

Maybe if you learn to spell, make grammatical sense and then type (instead of using crayons) it might help others to understand what you are trying to say.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:01 pm
fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Maybe if you learn to spell, make grammatical sense and then type (instead of using crayons) it might help others to understand what you are trying to say.
Oh no I missed a word! You're worse than Piers Morgan on twitter. Wipe the spittle off your chin and start again.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

fivetothree wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:58 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

This forum has always been fair and open minded where you can be honest what you say....yes get it that you dont like the Martinez lite comments....but does that really affect you....i would not loose sleep over it......i see a lot on here i would not say and totally disagree with.....but dont begrudge others from saying it
As for Arteta i was very much against him joing a great club such as the Arsenal being a novice.....but he has obviously made a huge difference....won over nearly all the fan base....and the players seem to have bought in to what hes doing
Looks like i was wrong...so what ...im pleased so much so that im going to games again...next one Southampton away...and i will be right behind the team
North London Forever

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

fivetothree wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:19 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

Oh no I missed a word! You're worse than Piers Morgan on twitter. Wipe the spittle off your chin and start again.
My my someone's getting their nappies all in a tizzy, perhaps your carer should reduce your amount of screen time till you calm down.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:41 am
fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

My my someone's getting their nappies all in a tizzy, perhaps your carer should reduce your amount of screen time till you calm down.
Lol I'm fine thanks, not me who is crying into my cornflakes about how good Xhaka is this season! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

fivetothree wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:58 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

You like that, huh? Yeah, me too. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

fivetothree wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:54 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:41 am
fivetothree wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

Lol I'm fine thanks, not me who is crying into my cornflakes about how good Xhaka is this season! :lol:
Good??? I've never said Clive was "good" - The opposite yes... He has 'improved' since Arteta changed his position, but he is an accident waiting to happen and still does (regrettably).

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal are planning to open new contract talks with Granit Xhaka. His current deal expires in the summer of 2024 and Arsenal are ready to discuss a new contract after the World Cup. [@footyinsider247] #afc

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:49 pm
🚨 Arsenal are planning to open new contract talks with Granit Xhaka. His current deal expires in the summer of 2024 and Arsenal are ready to discuss a new contract after the World Cup. [@footyinsider247] #afc
Are you trying to get banned for life Mc? :lol: :wink: