Potential Takeover

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by Clummo99 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:54 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:35 pm
goonersid wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:16 pm
Also shows where Vieira's heart lies :barscarf:
PV4's heart has always been with us Sid.

Remember the Old French Fraud allegedly told Vieira to fùck off when he offered his services after hanging up his boots.
Stop lads. Vieira wanted to leave every summer for the last 4 or 5 seasons he was with us. And let's not forget him telling the media in 2001 he was leaving, end of, as he flirted like a tart with Manure - and the annual flirting with Madrid. Let's not rewrite history ffs. :lol:
Not rewriting anything DB. I never blame a player for wanting to move onto somewhere as I'm sure I'd be the same for any club other than Arsenal. Not even Cesc or RVP.

Vieira wanted to come back and work for us in some capacity, Wànker said no so he fùcked off back to Citeh.

Henry wanted to leave for a couple of seasons before he actually did but never receives any vilification like others have.

Just my opinion mate. :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:08 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Remember the Old French Fraud allegedly told Vieira to fùck off when he offered his services after hanging up his boots.
Stop lads. Vieira wanted to leave every summer for the last 4 or 5 seasons he was with us. And let's not forget him telling the media in 2001 he was leaving, end of, as he flirted like a tart with Manure - and the annual flirting with Madrid. Let's not rewrite history ffs. :lol:
Not rewriting anything DB. I never blame a player for wanting to move onto somewhere as I'm sure I'd be the same for any club other than Arsenal. Not even Cesc or RVP.

Vieira wanted to come back and work for us in some capacity, Wànker said no so he fùcked off back to Citeh.

Henry wanted to leave for a couple of seasons before he actually did but never receives any vilification like others have.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... nited-link
I personally cannot recall vieira being linked with utd, when an Arsenal player!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Sure thing mate. But you and sid were talking about him like he had sacrificed everything for his beloved Arsenal and he was always loyal to Arsenal. He wasn't.

Regarding the other players you named, I think the difference was Vieira wanted to go when we were still a huge force (2001 ffs!!) and when Wenger was still a top manager delivering trophies. The implication is Vieira got too big for his boots and showed no genuine loyalty to Arsenal.

Henry (less so) and particularly the Chav rat Fabregas wanted to leave when they could see that Wenger had lost it. And both had probably stayed loyal to Arsenal longer than most would have in that situation, so maybe that's why they seem to get less vilification.

VanJudasCunt is a totally different barrel of cùnts. Injured and payed massive wages for 9 years. He f all people owed the club and the fans. Then he has that one good season and cashed it in with one of our bitterest rivals at the time. Complete cùnt. Fucking vermin. :censored:

John F

Post by John F »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:16 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:55 pm
On the other hand KSE are on the back foot. The losses will continue to mount up and they may want to get out when they can.
And doubling their original outlay in the process.

Please let this be the start of the end! :lol: :barscarf:
"Now this is not the end .It is not the beginning of the end.But it is perhaps the end of the beginning". Wenger speech when trying to work out his coat zip.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:18 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
goonersid wrote:

I personally cannot recall vieira being linked with utd, when an Arsenal player!!!
Sid he gave that interview years later as a Juve player.

The media were all over it at the time. Throughout his time with us he flirted with manure, juve and Madrid. Maybe as way to get more money from us but either way his heart is not with Arsenal its with himself.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:48 pm
Just heard from a well-connected source that Stan Kroenke is willing to sell Arsenal for £2.15 billion. He paid just over £1 billion buying the club. The failure of the European Super League (rather than fan protests) is what has created a change in policy at KSE.

Our very own Gooner Ed tweeted the above

IF TRUE, £2.15bn is supposedly what he wants, so you would imagine in business terms that means that there will be negotiations and he will accept less ? :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:18 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Two quotes from the time that tell you everything sid:

Vieira, June 25, 2001: "I need to leave because I want to win more trophies and I just cannot see that happening at Arsenal. Certainly not over the next few years, anyway. Comparing Arsenal to the big clubs in Europe this season is going to be quite ridiculous. I do not honestly see Arsenal finishing in the top five in the league - and you can forget the Champions League. Arsene Wenger has signed two 'hopeful' players - Francis Jeffers and Giovanni van Bronckhorst - who haven't proved themselves in the Premiership yet. One of them is a boy of 20."

Chairman Peter Hill Wood, June 27, 2001: on reports linking Vieira with Manchester United: "Sadly from the comments coming from him and his agent, he seems determined to leave - but he will not dictate to us who we do business with. Selling one of our best players to our closest rivals would not make any sense. We have not agreed to sell him and, anyway, Manchester United is out of the question."

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:36 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:48 pm
Just heard from a well-connected source that Stan Kroenke is willing to sell Arsenal for £2.15 billion. He paid just over £1 billion buying the club. The failure of the European Super League (rather than fan protests) is what has created a change in policy at KSE.

Our very own Gooner Ed tweeted the above

IF TRUE, £2.15bn is supposedly what he wants, so you would imagine in business terms that means that there will be negotiations and he will accept less ? :rubchin:
I'd still be shocked if it happens but I'm hoping it will.

shu

Post by shu »

So how can we let Kroenke’s know our views ? email addy’s , facebook ,twitter , insta ????
Anyone help me out here please ?

John F

Post by John F »

If Wiggy really is willing to sell I wouldn't be surprised if Dangote made a move as well after claiming he was going to buy the club one day.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Los Angeles times , Denver Post, he don’t read the Mirror or the Sun

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

John F wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:30 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:16 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:55 pm
On the other hand KSE are on the back foot. The losses will continue to mount up and they may want to get out when they can.
And doubling their original outlay in the process.

Please let this be the start of the end! :lol: :barscarf:
"Now this is not the end .It is not the beginning of the end.But it is perhaps the end of the beginning". Wenger speech when trying to work out his coat zip.
You got my Churchill reference John! :barscarf: :lol:

Albeit I got it completely wrong and said "start of the end" :oops: :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:05 pm
Los Angeles times , Denver Post, he don’t read the Mirror or the Sun
Doesn't he live in Misouri? :rubchin: :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The more I think about this the more it is glaringly obvious he is desperate to get out. The Club is fucked financially. He doesn’t want to put any money in and it is getting to the point where he either invests a couple of hundred million to stabilise us or we really start to decline. Either way it is going to cost him a fortune. If he get out now for a big profit then great. If he leaves it too long it will be a fire sale. My guess is that £1.5-£1.75 billion buys us.

PS - the Super League falling through has made him realise he can’t stick with us indefinitely. The Super League would have given him up front cash plus an annuity every year for 20 years due to no relegation. Once it fell through he knew his time at Arsenal was up.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:26 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Sure thing mate. But you and sid were talking about him like he had sacrificed everything for his beloved Arsenal and he was always loyal to Arsenal. He wasn't.
I certainly didn't intend it to come across like that. I just meant that he had a very good spell with us and has never bad mouthed the club. He must hold some affection.

BTW do you still hold similar grudges against Brady and Stapleton? :lol: