Chav Nazi arsepieces H Sun 1st Aug 3pm The Mind numbing Series

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Chav Nazi arsepieces H Sun 1st Aug 3pm The Mind numbing Series

Post by DB10GOONER »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:46 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:17 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:58 pm
I’ve long since got used to the fact that my love of Arsenal has probably gone for good, but cricket, the other great sporting love of my life is going the same way with endless “short form” borefests and even a new even shorter form with made up teams this year. Sport has eaten its own arsehole
That 100 shit really is a stinker of a format isn't it! :lol:
Ive tried watching it but it’s just T20 with five ball overs and stupid team names. And shit graphics. If you can’t read a cricket score in its usual format the game obviously isn’t for you ffs
This is what is wrong with modern sport and the likes of SlySports in particular. This sudden puke inducing need they have to be seen to be "inclusive".

They are killing sports like football and now apparently cricket just so they can tick the pc inclusivity box. :roll:

I don't watch televised Squash. Couldn't be fucked. Boring as hell. Also haven't watched tennis since I was a child and the likes of McEnroe and Connors were replaced with robots. :yawn:

But I don't want anyone to change the fucking format or rules of those sports to make me feel included ffs. Let the fuckers that enjoy those sports fucking enjoy them. It's not the end of days if not everyone likes the same shit. :roll:

John F

Post by John F »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
I’ve long since got used to the fact that my love of Arsenal has probably gone for good, but cricket, the other great sporting love of my life is going the same way with endless “short form” borefests and even a new even shorter form with made up teams this year. Sport has eaten its own arsehole
I am a gardener and listening to Test Cricket on a sunny day while working is one of my few remaining sporting pleasures now even that is being eroded by this passionless pointless format. Getting behind a made-up team with no history is like being a chav.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

And the team that claim to represent “North London” at Lord’s play in Chav blue :lol:

The marketeers behind it clearly don’t have a fucking clue

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

John F wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:57 am
Leyton Gooner wrote:
I am a gardener and listening to Test Cricket on a sunny day while working is one of my few remaining sporting pleasures now even that is being eroded by this passionless pointless format. Getting behind a made-up team with no history is like being a chav.
Even the radio commentary isn’t what it was. Fucking whiny women thinking they know what it’s like to face a fast and nasty Australian bowling line up

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:47 am
John F wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Even the radio commentary isn’t what it was. Fucking whiny women thinking they know what it’s like to face a fast and nasty Australian bowling line up
I certainly miss the days of Brian Johnson, Bloers, ARL and the rest. Even the obviously biased Tony Crozier when we played the Windies. :lol:

My formative years of watching cricket was the TV with the sound muted and listening to those fellas commentating over the top.

shu

Post by shu »

and now back to the footy please :D

augie

Post by augie »

The day that england appointed an Irishman as captain of their team, is the day that cricket should have folded up it's tent and fcuked off :barscarf: :barscarf: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Only the silly shortened game mate. Proper cricket (Test) is still to have that pleasure. Although we have had Welsh, Indian and South African captains in the modern day. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:47 am
John F wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:
I dunno about that mate, not when Warney was on the rip in London! :lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Ha! Aug 1st 2020 we played them in the cup final, let's hope for the same outcome.

Couldn't really give a toss, though. Even when we play the scum in the next leg. I can't, and never will have, any care for friendlies. :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

I did go to a pre season friendly away against Chelsea in 1982.It was memorable for two reasons .We won which was a first and only time I have witnessed us winning there.It is a Jinx ground for me.I think it was 3-1 with Lee Chapman scoring. The 2nd reason was outside there was a large group of Arsenal fans rocking what we used to call a police meat wagon trying to turn it over.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I cant watch this as playing cricket (thats if this storm Tampon doesn't get any worse) but even if I could I'm not sure I would want it confirmed that we are in such a sorry state.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Yawn, its pre-season

Only 25 days till the Carabao Cup second round though

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:46 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:17 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
That 100 shit really is a stinker of a format isn't it! :lol:
Ive tried watching it but it’s just T20 with five ball overs and stupid team names. And shit graphics. If you can’t read a cricket score in its usual format the game obviously isn’t for you ffs
I am going to the Test Match in a few weeks, £120 a pop for a ticket in the new Edrich upper tier. Despite my love and appreciation for the long format of the game, at these prices, this isn't going to promote the game to the masses in this country,

The T20 series against Pakistan was top draw, thoroughly entertaining and had a fantastic beer-induced atmosphere. The 100 is raw, there always was going to be teething problems with a new format of the game, but its had some cracking close matches. You need that to attract young people into the game, and sorry Test Matches will never achieve that. The ticket prices are much more reasonable too. You can take a family of four for under £100.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

I was looking for a line up, instead all i got was yapping about cricket.....whats happening to this place.