Brentford bulbeyes A Fri 13th Aug KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Brentford bulbeyes A Fri 13th Aug KO 8pm

Post by falkirk goon »

First up in what will no doubt be another tedious shite season it's the Bees of the west( I don't actually think they are bulbeyes) I've had a wee softspot for them for a few years now since a few of them came up to a couple of Falkirk games in the early 90s.I think as were shite they could brownhole us..as DB says it's dependent on that Swiss fannybulge(great getting my old phone back as when I put in Swiss..fannybulge comes up next in predictive text) :barscarf: 8) if he plays we probaby lose..if he doesn't we probably win.

Redarmy

Re: Brentford bulbeyes A Fri 13th Aug KO 8pm

Post by Redarmy »

First ground i went to...Griffin Park in the Royal Oak end...just a bus ride away from home

They had 2 large standing areas..... with a pub on every corner of the ground

As for the game if we make no signings of note.... wouldnt be surprised if they turn us over.....they will be well up for it

John F

Post by John F »

I have never seen Brentford play and I was only a bus ride away.I did know a Brentford fan who was the nicest bloke you could meet when he was sober but a complete nutter when he was drunk .He would try and fight the whole pub and was known by the rest of us but not to his face as mad dog Jim.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

John F wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:17 pm
I have never seen Brentford play and I was only a bus ride away.I did know a Brentford fan who was the nicest bloke you could meet when he was sober but a complete nutter when he was drunk .He would try and fight the whole pub and was known by the rest of us but not to his face as mad dog Jim.
I think we have all known a Mad Dog Jim in our time mate...they seem to be everywhere, different cities, even different countries...but they kind of befriend you when thy walk into the Pub a sober nice bloke and about 6 pints later they become Mad Dog Jim. :D

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

New team to the PL so full of beans.

I fear this could be a bad start for us.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

If Brentford have first night nerves we’ll win,if silly bollocks thinks he’s clever and picks a shit side then it could end badly.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Seeing enough of our defending today to know how this is going to go.

2-1 to them. Start of the worst season we'd have endured in practically all of our lifetimes

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:00 pm

2-1 to them. Start of the worst season we'd have endured in practically all of our lifetimes
You could very well be right there mate. I'm still not buying any of that old relegation bollocks :wink: purely because there are at least 9 or 10 teams worse and much worse than us in this shit hyped up Premier league cuntathon. But tbh I'd not be surprised if we finished 10th or 11th. It literally could be anywhere between 6th and 11th this season. :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:16 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:00 pm

You could very well be right there mate. I'm still not buying any of that old relegation bollocks :wink: purely because there are at least 9 or 10 teams worse and much worse than us in this shit hyped up Premier league cuntathon. But tbh I'd not be surprised if we finished 10th or 11th. It literally could be anywhere between 6th and 11th this season. :roll:
Yes its a bit soon for relegation to be fair. Will take another five clubs to get more ambitious owners than Kroenke, but given that Everton and Burnley have managed to do that, it won't be long before we sink to those depths

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lose all three of the opening games though - Brentford away first up, small new ground packed with their excitable fans and you never want to play a newly promoted team away first thing. Then Chavski who should have beat us by five or more today, before the usual limpdicked display against City that will see us barely cross the halfway line. No points from three games will certainly weigh heavily on these snowflakes and Captain Black

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

If it gets rid of him then, ya know what, let 'em win. Couldn't give a fuck.

We need rid of this inexperienced cancer ASAP.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:02 pm
If it gets rid of him then, ya know what, let 'em win. Couldn't give a fuck.

We need rid of this inexperienced cancer ASAP.
It’s quite funny really.
Everyone on here moans that nothing has improved from last season which may well be true.
However there is also the same delusion from posters on here that Arteta is going to get sacked.

bizarre - Arteta. Is the safest manager in the PL. Wiggy has no intention of paying him off, and anybody still willing to actually pay to go to games is not going to voice much opposition. The brainwashed fan base are now used to mediocre seasons and are happy to attend the Emirates for a day out.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Okay Gooners!

What score for this do you reckon?

I think they'll come out of the traps fast and determined...but we will win it 1 - 2 with Auba and Pepe to score :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Which of course will place us at the top of the prem - so remember to take a picture of that because it won't last long! :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Working in Great West Road this week, worked up there for years on and off, the company used to let their supporters park for free on Saturdays so often seen big groups of them.

They seem a good bunch tbf.

RE the result, haven't got a clue, didn't watch chav game but from what I've read we were shit.

2-2

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Thomas Partey expected to be back after the first international break meaning he’ll miss Brentford (a), Chelsea (h) & Man City (a).

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Message for Mods…please could someone start a tkt thread for the game as it’s still restricted access on there? Thanks