Brentford bulbeyes A Fri 13th Aug KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
John F

Re: Brentford bulbeyes A Fri 13th Aug KO 8pm

Post by John F »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:55 am
What a hot mess. How many players do we have earning more or near 100k a week that we cant move on because no one else will pay them the salary we do. Player recruitment hasnt been good and we needed to sell Bellerin, Xhaka, Kolisnac, Torriera, Saliba, Willian, Guendouzi either because they are not good enough or they have become stale. I mean FFS Saliba, Torreira, Guendouzi have now been loaned out for two seasons - what's going on? We need to sell about 7 players and sign as many more but we have signed only 3, two of which shouldnt be in the first team. Kolisnac contract might get terminated but apparently there will be a pay-out.

Willock was sold which I disagree with. I know there are those who couldnt care less seeing him go, but surely Xhaka, Torriera & Guendouzi should have been sold before Willock was. Willock was sold because he had a willing suitor and his wage was low enough where he would leave on a permanent basis. We cannot find permanent clubs for the other three because they will not earn what we pay them, hence the perennial loans where we subsidize wages for them to play elsewhere. Or in Xhaka'a case, we forget the fact we tried to sell him and name him our captain.
I was talking to a Hull City fan yesterday and he came out with exactly the same.I thought it was only realistic Arsenal fans who knew what a mess we were in but now we have truly become a banter club amongst other fans.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

The least number of players involved in Euros, most players having a full pre season, you'd think the team will be prepared and up for it for the first game of the season. We are the definition of a banter club now.

The way our players were bullied all over the pitch, specially the center halves was depressing to watch though not surprising. Just one game into the season and May can't arrive soon enough :cry:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Makes me laugh,'we need to spend money to compete, we need more pkayers' we'll how much has arteta spent now to makes us even worse!!?? I know its difficult to compete with mighty Brentford but cmon,Arteta out

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:02 pm
Just watched this supposed massive injustice against Leno for about the 10th time

Was it a foul? Technically yes

Will you see any other team's defence allow their keeper to get exposed like that? Of course you fucking won't
I bet if that happens in their next game, it gets called up for a foul.

Brentford out fought us all over the pitch, playing off Toney, was like watching Birmingham back in 2011. (ZIgic ? )
(No disrespect intended to Toney)

Illusionary dominance in possession, but did very little with it.

Tierney put some decent balls in, Smith Rowe should have scored what would have been a great individual effort and Pepe was unlucky that Raya made a great save,
I thought Lonkonga had moments where he looked good

Still waiting for Xhaka to boss a midfield , just once, after god knows how many appearances.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:02 pm
Just watched this supposed massive injustice against Leno for about the 10th time

Was it a foul? Technically yes

Will you see any other team's defence allow their keeper to get exposed like that? Of course you fucking won't
Agreed definetly was a foul...but Leno to blame

Any other kreeper would have made an issue of it forcing the refs hand....this wanker does nothing..and so its given

Do they not train for these siuations FFS, other teams have a nominated player who protects the keepers space

Made no difference anyway..Brentford deserved the win

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I've woken up this morning and realised I couldn't care less any more, this club has so many problems that it requires route and branch change which will not happen.

Even if we employed Conte, Alegri or Simeone there is such a rotten culture in the team that with the exception of a few players there is next to nothing worth keeping.

People can argue the toss over which players are worth keeping but our squad is so bad that it would take a miracle to make it competitive. It isn't just about individual ability but attitude and the rot is so deep there probably isn't 11 players in our squad who could make a 'decent' starting 11 and 3 subs who know how to fight it out

Some of you will say this is an over reaction, fair enough but look at the squad carefully, and tell me 11 players to fill the positions who you think are good enough, believe you me I've considered this and I can't make a starting 11 who I'd trust to see out a match against a dirty hard fighting team never mind an in form good opponent

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just one final mythical argument left to blow away i.e. that a season out of Europe will do us good. We will see come Christmas won't we when we've played six games less than all the clubs in Europe. West Ham, Leicester and Spurs have smaller first team squads than ours so on the basis of this bullshit notion that its good for us, we should be comfortably above them

On last nights showing it wouldn't matter if we had another 10 players in the squad, Europe or no Europe.....we have an absolute total buffoon in charge and he is taking us towards a bottom half finish without a doubt

markyp

Post by markyp »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:56 am
I've woken up this morning and realised I couldn't care less any more, this club has so many problems that it requires route and branch change which will not happen.

Even if we employed Conte, Alegri or Simeone there is such a rotten culture in the team that with the exception of a few players there is next to nothing worth keeping.

People can argue the toss over which players are worth keeping but our squad is so bad that it would take a miracle to make it competitive. It isn't just about individual ability but attitude and the rot is so deep there probably isn't 11 players in our squad who could make a 'decent' starting 11 and 3 subs who know how to fight it out

Some of you will say this is an over reaction, fair enough but look at the squad carefully, and tell me 11 players to fill the positions who you think are good enough, believe you me I've considered this and I can't make a starting 11 who I'd trust to see out a match against a dirty hard fighting team never mind an in form good opponent
Nonsense,we have a first 11 on paper that should compete for minimum top 4,you think Brentford have better players? this shit fest is down Artetas lack of managerial skills,look what moyes did with west hams awful squad in one season!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:56 am

Its not an over reaction at all, but it is precisely the reason why we need a GG style manager for the next few seasons and not an Artetaball manager

That rot set in under Wenger - 4th is good enough - pay high, perform low, blame it all on refs, TV schedules, international breaks. Let the conspiracy theories run wild

It started with signing gravy train c.unts like Silvestre, no marks like Santos, and throwing massive contracts at kids that haven't made it

I said back then, even before Le Fraud was punted, that the poor fucker taking over would need 2 years and 4 windows to even make a dent in the mess created. 15 players were moved on in the first 18 months but that still left us with a rotten core that exists today

I do think those managers you listed would do better than this clown though. Despite all those factors above, we chose to employ someone with zero experience to take on the sort of rebuild that would still be a stiff test for even the most experienced manager. There was no doubt in my mind that blind arrogance and stupidity would get what it deserved and so it is proving

You only need to see his tetchy interview last night. He hasn't got a clue what the solutions are and we will be seeing many more games like that this season

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It was a definite foul on Leno and also should have been a pen on Balogun first half.

However Leno (and the defence) got everything they deserved from that long throw. Nobody protected the keeper, pussy Mari failed to dominate his box by winning the header and Leno just stood there like a massive vagina while he was being pinned to the spot.

No other keeper would have tolerated that shit, push the player away, scream at the ref, show that you’re being held, over exaggerate the contact, whatever, but just do something for fuck sake instead of standing there mute being held and taking it like a little bitch.

Leno was on course to win our player of the season award before he picked up that injury at Brighton the season before last, he was absolutely outstanding that year. But since coming back into the side last season he’s been fucking abysmal. Shocking in the air, terrible with his feet and he looks a complete bag of nerves every time the ball comes near him.

He needs to be bombed out ASAP and a proper replacement brought in. Look at how the signings of Alison and Ederson revolutionised Liverpool and City. They binned out substandard keepers and brought in guys who can play it out and keep it out - Leno can do neither :roll:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:59 am
Just one final mythical argument left to blow away i.e. that a season out of Europe will do us good. We will see come Christmas won't we when we've played six games less than all the clubs in Europe. West Ham, Leicester and Spurs have smaller first team squads than ours so on the basis of this bullshit notion that its good for us, we should be comfortably above them

On last nights showing it wouldn't matter if we had another 10 players in the squad, Europe or no Europe.....we have an absolute total buffoon in charge and he is taking us towards a bottom half finish without a doubt
I think bottom half will be a miracle finish, can see us in a relegation battle. The lack of leadership at the club is such that even if we are hovering just above the relegation zone, no one will take ownership and sack this clueless prick.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:17 am
It was a definite foul on Leno and also should have been a pen on Balogun first half.

However Leno (and the defence) got everything they deserved from that long throw. Nobody protected the keeper, pussy Mari failed to dominate his box by winning the header and Leno just stood there like a massive vagina while he was being pinned to the spot.

No other keeper would have tolerated that shit, push the player away, scream at the ref, show that you’re being held, over exaggerate the contact, whatever, but just do something for fuck sake instead of standing there mute being held and taking it like a little bitch.

Leno was on course to win our player of the season award before he picked up that injury at Brighton the season before last, he was absolutely outstanding that year. But since coming back into the side last season he’s been fucking abysmal. Shocking in the air, terrible with his feet and he looks a complete bag of nerves every time the ball comes near him.

He needs to be bombed out ASAP and a proper replacement brought in. Look at how the signings of Alison and Ederson revolutionised Liverpool and City. They binned out substandard keepers and brought in guys who can play it out and keep it out - Leno can do neither :roll:
Side issue at the end of the day...Brentford wanted the win much more than Arsenal...they outfought us everywhere accross the pitch they derserved it
Only ESR comes out with any credit....
Arteat is a yes man...saying all the right things for the media...but what he does not have is any substance behind it

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:36 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:14 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:05 am
The question on Arteta is when not if he will be sacked. The gap between the expectations from the fans and what we can deliver is too big. Also the next *word censored* who says Arsenal fans need to moderate expectations needs to be fucking hung. How many times has this argument been levied upon us - that we must moderate expectations. First we shouldn't expect to compete for the league, then dont expect to finish in the top 4, then dont expect to compete for the top 4, then dont expect to finish in the top 6, to know we shouldn't expect to finish in the top 6, to know what? We cant EXPECT a top half finish?

Actually I do expect to compete for the top 4. And if Arteta cant deliver, then he F off until we find a manager who can. We need to get an attitude back of expecting higher outcomes. When Gary Neville tries to temper our expectations, he needs to be told to shit the fuck up. Because he wouldnt put up with this shit at Man United. So why should Arsenal fans. Gary Neville: "Because Arsenal are not Manches'.........FUCK YOU *word censored* I EXPECT A TOP 4 CHALLENGE.

Just looking at Arteta makes me sick. Fucking greaseball

That is not necessary - Yes, he is out of his depth - Not Good Enough etc - But that has nothing to do with his race/colour/ethnicity - and That "Term" is "Racist".
Jet black hair that looks perpetually wet can be of any race or nationality.

Wow! You really do not get it do you!?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:59 am

The supposed advantage of going Saturday to Saturday is that your players are fresher (no midweek game or travel) and you have extra time to train, focus and prepare for the league games.

That’s fuck all good to us when even before a single ball was kicked in the season we had Gabriel and Partey crocked and Auba and Laca “ill” :roll: 4 starters gone already.

We could play one game a year and it would make fuck all difference because half our pussys would be injured or pretending to be sick for it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:11 am
Inevitably you will get posters saying..its only 1 game....but anyone with a brain cell can see it goes much deeper than that

Reality is a very difficult season lies ahead....with Arteta possibly leaving next summer

No confidence in our underwhelming transfer dealings, and the Kronkes here for the forseeable future

On top of that we have the despicable xaha back in the team and made captain FFS.....fucking depressing to say the least

Everything you say is 100% on the nail RA, but what adds to the depression and anger is that the team/coaching team/manager do not seem to have learnt from their obvious errors of last season

Leno being one example of how he still passes the ball short out to defenders who are being man marked...he may have been told to "play out from the back" but surely only when feasible and safe AND the manager should have plans B, C and D if they cannot play the short ball and work it out from the back.

Man City and other teams do it because they have the players with the skill, strength and intelligence to be able to do it even when being pressed by the opposition, as we all know the majority of the current squad (in all positions) are Not good enough to play for Arsenal FC, at least not if we hope to remain a team in the prem.

Only 5 of our players from last nights game deserve any praise:
Tierney; even though he had (by his standards) a not good game, also for me he should be captain (perhaps a little too soon, but who else is there?) which in itself speaks volumes, also anyone else but xhakaCunt
ESR, who for me was our best player - who was constantly fouled and the ref did fuckAll
Saka who did his best coming into a game he knew we were doomed to lose
Martinelli just couldn't get into the game but kept trying and chasing back
Pepe had 2 defenders on him every time the ball went near him but did keep trying both to go forward and track back

These 2 tried but it looked like they were out
Lokonga - thrown in at the deep end as they say and again kept trying to go forward
Bakogun is a decent player but was out-muscled and again out-marked last night

#ArtetaOut.