Welcome to The Arsenal, Ben White

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Welcome to The Arsenal, Ben White

Post by DB10GOONER »

How long before Martinez-Lite plays him at right back...... :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Am I the only one who got Mustafi-vibes watching White yesterday? :shock: his height, the way he moves, passes and slides in just seemed very familiar…. :rubchin: :lol:

To be honest, we’ve signing so many disappointing or error prone central defenders in the last decade that it’s difficult to ever imagine a quality centre back playing for Arsenal again! - lets hope Ben White breaks the mould! :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Kingralph wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:36 pm
Let’s hope you justify your £50m fee.
:rubchin:

Midz

Post by Midz »

He ain't shown jack-shit yet!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tru DAT! :high5:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Apparently Ben White was released from the WC squad for lacking knowledge of his opposition and a bust up with The No 2.

He's definitely an oddball character and imo not worth anywhere near the £50m we paid.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I heard it was because he was missing a few (cough cough) "Home Comforts" :wink:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:59 pm
How long before Martinez-Lite plays him at right back...... :roll:
You can see the future! 🔮

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Midz wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:16 am
Apparently Ben White was released from the WC squad for lacking knowledge of his opposition and a bust up with The No 2.

He's definitely an oddball character and imo not worth anywhere near the £50m we paid.
yeah saw something about him not getting on with rest of the squad...and arguing with the coach

another odd fact if true.....saying he never watched football as a kid and still the same today

does not look the "manly type"....shall we say

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:47 pm
Midz wrote:

yeah saw something about him not getting on with rest of the squad...and arguing with the coach

another odd fact if true.....saying he never watched football as a kid and still the same today

I heard that, sadly, his partner suffered a miscarriage. If true, shame on the media for trying to get clicks and comments by perpetuating such BS.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Kingralph wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:53 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:47 pm
Midz wrote:

I heard that, sadly, his partner suffered a miscarriage. If true, shame on the media for trying to get clicks and comments by perpetuating such BS.
I had not heard that....yes would not put it past the media to be honest....sad if true

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

The media are scum and couldn't lie straight in bed but it amazes me how many people believe the shite they write and then jump to wrong conclusions based on it.

I actually like him as a player.

BTW it's not his fault that his price tag was high, that's the two clubs involved who dictated that.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Midz wrote:

ALLEGED bust up with Steve Holland according to the Star newspaper if it was true then the journalist wouldn't have used alleged ,a nonsense story IMO

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gareth Southgate on reports White left the England camp following a ‘bust-up’: “What I’ve been shown was alleged. I think by commenting on the story, I could be giving it any form of credibility. We explained why Ben left the camp & I think it’s important that that is respected.”

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:34 pm
The media are scum and couldn't lie straight in bed but it amazes me how many people believe the shite they write and then jump to wrong conclusions based on it.

I actually like him as a player.

BTW it's not his fault that his price tag was high, that's the two clubs involved who dictated that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

Perfect description of those CUN.Ts Lefty - The lengths they will go to to get a story, even if it means Lying.