Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What Will Be Arsenal's Finishing Position This Season?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:48 pm

In the Top 4.
3%
In the Top 6.
28%
In the Top 8.
31%
In the Top Half of the Table
19%
In the Bottom Half of the Table
19%
Relegation Zone
No votes

Total votes: 36

SteveO 35

Re: Finishing Position for This Season

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:51 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:35 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:10 pm
The argument used on here by the more confident posters is that a season out of Europe will do us good, but I don't see that at all. This is a bloated squad that has some decent younger players trying to establish themselves as regulars and the lack of EL games will virtually kill off their hopes of first team football. Balogun, Azeez, and Martinelli will likely get 1 or 2 EFL Cup games and then might as well pack their bags and go off on loan

Dont you mean insane or mentally challenged posters ? :wink:

With exception of white we have the same team as last season and we were shit then :roll: We have the same gormless manager trying to implement his same brainless ideas. We have the same glaring weaknesses as last season. What could possibly go wrong ? :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
47 points from our last 24 PL games is not shit and so the same team should do fine. Add in a top class defender in White and we will be very hard to beat. I remain confident of a 5th place finish.
If only a Premier League season consisted of 24 games eh?

I love the way you dismiss the other 14 as if they don't count.......you know, the ones that saw us drop to 15th and break all sorts of "worst" records in the club's history. Bit like Wenger's calendar year champions of 2013 - just a shame the season ran from August to May, rather than January to December.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SteveO don't forget 1 of the games against Bayern Munich where wenger was quite proud of us winning the 2nd half :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:02 pm
SteveO don't forget 1 of the games against Bayern Munich where wenger was quite proud of us winning the 2nd half :lol:
We had some classic 2nd leg winning teams in those days too mate - who can forget the 'nearly' comeback against AC Milan

Gunner Rob

How many points from the first 3 games

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ok so here we are just a few days away from another Premier League season.
Pretty tough opening fixtures though this season, and although I have predicted we will finish 5th I think it could be a difficult start.
I am going to go for one point from the first 3 games.

Most important not to panic though and I am sure we will come good when we get some easier fixtures :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Re: How many points from the first 3 games

Post by falkirk goon »

I voted 0 pts cos :rubchin: erm :rubchin: We're shite :oops: :lol: Artita hasn't plugged and of the gaps we have..so it'll be the same as last season(at best) any points we scrape from these first 3 games will come on Fri.. If we get tolleyholed there it's 0 points.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Using the analogy of a ship we are already taking on water. By Christmas we will resemble a submarine.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A humiliating zero !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I did wonder whether putting 9 points as an option was a bit over the top :D

augie

Post by augie »

I would have liked to have a "who knows" or "couldnt give a fcuk option" but in the absense of both I voted for 1 point and to keep trusting the process :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Win at Brentford, lose to the Chavs because we always do, beat Norwich unconvincingly. Nothing new or exciting.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

2 draws and a loss. deux points.

John F

Post by John F »

Gone for in the top eight.I have seen nothing to suggest that the crab football with no end product has gone away.Arteta reminds me of Wenger.Slow side to side passing ✓,poor use of substitutes ✓playing players out of position ✓playing a high line vulnerable to counter attack ✓persistence with out of form players✓some aren't I being clever team selection s (away leg against Dick)✓. "We completely dominated " after a 1-0 defeat ✓. If you look carefully you just might see captain blacks strings are being operated by Wenger.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Huge pressure on Arteta for these games, lose to Brentford and I don't think we will recover.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

No fuck this. I'm not modding fifteen different threads all about how we'll play or where we'll be after x number of games. I'm merging this with the other one. :roll:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:10 pm
The argument used on here by the more confident posters is that a season out of Europe will do us good, but I don't see that at all. This is a bloated squad that has some decent younger players trying to establish themselves as regulars and the lack of EL games will virtually kill off their hopes of first team football. Balogun, Azeez, and Martinelli will likely get 1 or 2 EFL Cup games and then might as well pack their bags and go off on loan
Ultimately, it's down to the manager who decides who to put his faith in. But some reason he likes to put faith in players that continually let the club down. There's 3 midfielder's I'd sell before Willock but no one else wants them. Pay up their contracts.
I can see a player like Lacazette wanting to stay and fight for the club to get back in the CL. But not much else from the other usual list of suspects.