Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What Will Be Arsenal's Finishing Position This Season?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:48 pm

In the Top 4.
3%
In the Top 6.
28%
In the Top 8.
31%
In the Top Half of the Table
19%
In the Bottom Half of the Table
19%
Relegation Zone
No votes

Total votes: 36

augie

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by augie »

Btw, no way that manure side finish above us. No fcuking way. They are dogshite and the dressing room is rife with arrogance and bad attitudes

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:05 pm
The thing that amuses me is when I see Gooners referring to our current injury situation as a crisis, but this isnt a crisis in my book - for me a crisis is something that happens to you and beyond your control, but this injury situation is brought on entirely due to the comical fantasy that we could secure top 4 with a 17 man squad. I can already predict the legohead apologists coming out with crap about injuries when defending him - if these fools are so quick to credit him with all the positive signings we have made, then surely it is safe to assume that he made the decisions on who to sell too ? For most people that would surely be the case, but for the moronic hypocrites who champion arteta, they will credit the guy with signing ramsdale, tomyiasu etc, but blame edu for the sales/loans of every player that we allowed to walk out the door this season. I have zero doubt that auba, guendouzi and maitland-niles (for starters) would have made a contribution in the last few months of the season, but instead we sent them away to ply their talents elsewhere, and also paid their wages too.

Absolute fcuking lunacy and it looks like it will kill our top 4 hopes
It was certainly a HUGE gamble in letting so many go out in January, with nothing coming in and it has backfired on him big time.

Summer will be Arteta’s last chance to get it right before his good will for the FA cup win 🏆 expires.

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:43 pm
augie wrote:
The thing that amuses me is when I see Gooners referring to our current injury situation as a crisis, but this isnt a crisis in my book - for me a crisis is something that happens to you and beyond your control, but this injury situation is brought on entirely due to the comical fantasy that we could secure top 4 with a 17 man squad. I can already predict the legohead apologists coming out with crap about injuries when defending him - if these fools are so quick to credit him with all the positive signings we have made, then surely it is safe to assume that he made the decisions on who to sell too ? For most people that would surely be the case, but for the moronic hypocrites who champion arteta, they will credit the guy with signing ramsdale, tomyiasu etc, but blame edu for the sales/loans of every player that we allowed to walk out the door this season. I have zero doubt that auba, guendouzi and maitland-niles (for starters) would have made a contribution in the last few months of the season, but instead we sent them away to ply their talents elsewhere, and also paid their wages too.

It was certainly a HUGE gamble in letting so many go out in January, with nothing coming in and it has backfired on him big time.

Summer will be Arteta’s last chance to get it right before his good will for the FA cup win 🏆 expires.

Would you trust him for another season ? I know that I certainly wouldnt. Give him another transfer window and watch him bring in more spineless players who wont challenge him or kick up a fuss, but who will ultimately fall apart again next season when the pressure is on :roll: Over half of the current first 11 (when everyone is fit) are players that pep's cone boy brought to the club, and included in the other 5 are Tierney, Smith-Rowe, Saka and Martinelli (only 3 at a time) and they are automatic starters regardless of who is in charge, so what difference will another transfer window do with him ?
This season was his chance - manure are an absolute shitfest, the scum are up and down like a nuns knickers, the shammers are threadbare, leicester have had a very poor season, so THIS was his chance and it looks like he balls'd it up cos his ego and arrogance told him that he was the man and it didnt matter what players we let go cos he is a great manager :roll: :oops: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:05 pm
StuartL wrote:
augie wrote:

Would you trust him for another season ? I know that I certainly wouldnt. Give him another transfer window and watch him bring in more spineless players who wont challenge him or kick up a fuss, but who will ultimately fall apart again next season when the pressure is on :roll: Over half of the current first 11 (when everyone is fit) are players that pep's cone boy brought to the club, and included in the other 5 are Tierney, Smith-Rowe, Saka and Martinelli (only 3 at a time) and they are automatic starters regardless of who is in charge, so what difference will another transfer window do with him ?
This season was his chance - manure are an absolute shitfest, the scum are up and down like a nuns knickers, the shammers are threadbare, leicester have had a very poor season, so THIS was his chance and it looks like he balls'd it up cos his ego and arrogance told him that he was the man and it didnt matter what players we let go cos he is a great manager :roll: :oops: :oops:
Another mentally ill one with an agenda. :roll:

TRUST THE FUCKING PROCESS YOU UNGRATEFUL BASTARD. :box: :censored:

:D :wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:43 pm
augie wrote:
StuartL wrote:
augie wrote:

have you ripped off my post on the Arteta thread... :shock: :? :? :cry: :box: or did i rip off one of yours in the first place :rubchin:

however re Augies point, spot on. if we collapse as it seems and dont recover and we finish 6-8 again (5th i would bin him but most wouldnt, id bin him if he came 3rd) then how can anyone feel he should have another summer? we are Asrenal ffs 2 8th places and then 6-8 its a disgrace especially given all the advantages this clown has had this season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:15 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:43 pm
augie wrote:
StuartL wrote:
augie wrote:

have you ripped off my post on the Arteta thread... :shock: :? :? :cry: :box: or did i rip off one of yours in the first place :rubchin:

however re Augies point, spot on. if we collapse as it seems and dont recover and we finish 6-8 again (5th i would bin him but most wouldnt, id bin him if he came 3rd) then how can anyone feel he should have another summer? we are Asrenal ffs 2 8th places and then 6-8 its a disgrace especially given all the advantages this clown has had this season.
Great minds rip each other off! :lol: :wink:

4th for me is the minimum acceptable finish given everything - and adding the amount of money he has been given to spend too.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

If we finish 5th which was my prediction I would give him another transfer window , the final pieces should then be signed for a top 4 push.
I wish he'd take a chance on azzez , id personally go three at the bsck now until the end of the season as we havent the players for 442 because he left us so depleted.

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:39 pm
If we finish 5th which was my prediction I would give him another transfer window , the final pieces should then be signed for a top 4 push.
I wish he'd take a chance on azzez , id personally go three at the bsck now until the end of the season as we havent the players for 442 because he left us so depleted.

Xhaka quoted today as saying that he wont be leaving this club "until we do something special" - ironic that cos as long as he is in the team we have zero chance of doing anything special :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:43 pm
gooner265 wrote:

Xhaka quoted today as saying that he wont be leaving this club "until we do something special" - ironic that cos as long as he is in the team we have zero chance of doing anything special :roll:
He's very "special" to be fair

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
gooner265 wrote:

Oh ffs , I still don't think he'd be first choice if Arteta signs the midfielders he wants and if he fies I think he'll be sold.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
gooner265 wrote:

Well that's ruined my Wednesday morning.... :censored:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
gooner265 wrote:

To be fair if we bottle 4th place and end up in 8th place then that would be pretty special.
Hopefully he will then take the hint and fuck off 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
gooner265 wrote:

Something "Special" would be Sacking the useless fucker :?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I started off saying 11th or 12th - before we became the highest spending club in Europe last Summer, and I certainly hadn't envisaged that happening. If it hadn't happened I reckon that prediction would have come true.

Now I'm firmly of the belief that we're back to midtable levels despite that investment with a totally inadequate squad that is going backwards

I can't see us winning another game - possibly one more towards the very end like Everton at home when they are safe, and we long since stopped having any pressure applied to qualify for anything.

8th would be my current view, albeit Leicester are on a decent run of form and could end up running us close for that too.

No European football again......and the last time we've not played in Europe for two consecutive seasons??? Before English clubs were banned! You're going back to '83/84, '84/85 when it last happened. Absolutely fucking shameful

Actually hope that by some miracle Crystal Palace win the FA Cup now and take away one of the league places. Anything it takes frankly to get this utter c.untslop out of our club

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Looking at the last few games i would predict

Chavski L
Manure L or D
West Ham L or D
Leeds L or D
Bins L ( prob a savage and heavy beating)
Toon L or D
Everton W when it doesnt matter anymore and Fartita will get a new deal :oops:

At best in my view itll be 7 more points at worst probably 3