Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What Will Be Arsenal's Finishing Position This Season?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:48 pm

In the Top 4.
3%
In the Top 6.
28%
In the Top 8.
31%
In the Top Half of the Table
19%
In the Bottom Half of the Table
19%
Relegation Zone
No votes

Total votes: 36

Midz

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by Midz »

The CL Squirrel is prolific compared to Laca. :D :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

Over 'ere son, on me 'ed!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Midz wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:02 pm

Over 'ere son, on me 'ed!
:lol: :lol:

Problem is lacca would miss from there :? :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Fair play to the manager and the team

Really couldn't see where the next win was coming from a couple of weeks back

9 from 9 from those past three games deserves a lot of credit

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Who said 5th :barscarf: 8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Yep fair play, I said 8th so I'm very happy to be proved wrong :barscarf:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

arrgee wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:15 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:26 pm
Looking at the last few games i would predict

Chavski L
Manure L or D
West Ham L or D
Leeds L or D
Bins L ( prob a savage and heavy beating)
Toon L or D
Everton W when it doesnt matter anymore and Fartita will get a new deal :oops:

At best in my view itll be 7 more points at worst probably 3
Too pessimistic- will do better.

Chelsea a - likely to feel effects of European and FA Cup games so Chelsea less likely to win than normal
Man U h not particularly good and unless Ronaldo is firing unlikely for United to win
West Ham a - between Europa League games, so Arsenal should win
Dirty Leeds h - gotta beat dirty Leeds, they are poor enough to go down
Scum a - all depends on how tight 4th place is. Doubt anything but a win will do to have any hope of 4th, but most likely to lose
Toon a - on the beach Arsenal should win
Everton h - assuming they are already safe or down Arsenal should, win otherwise anything could happen

I think 14 points±4 points with 3 likely victories and the others going any of three ways. Arsenal need to make 17 or 18 to be 4th and not lose to scum or Man U. Right now, 6th is what I would predict given West Ham are focused on Europe.
So far so good. But now I think 4th is on should scum not beat Victims*. The Brentford result in the interim has helped a lot.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I think the Newcastle match could be key - whatever happens in the NLD the players are going to be pretty exhausted after that.
Newcastle are on tremendous form right now and aiming to finish the season strongly.They will be our top 4 rivals next season.

I am pretty confident about the Everton match - looking at their fixtures I think they will be safe by then and will relax against us.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:50 pm
I think the Newcastle match could be key - whatever happens in the NLD the players are going to be pretty exhausted after that.
Newcastle are on tremendous form right now and aiming to finish the season strongly.They will be our top 4 rivals next season.

I am pretty confident about the Everton match - looking at their fixtures I think they will be safe by then and will relax against us.

I hope they Go DOWN!

And someone from Arsenal needs to Stud the ugly mug of that dirty overrated CUN.T Gordon after what he did to Tomi at theirs.... :box:

g88ner

Re: Finishing Position for This Season

Post by g88ner »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:11 pm
Top 4. Xhaka staying gives me unbelievable belief :barscarf:
I’m sticking to my prediction :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 6:47 am
g88ner wrote:
Hopefully it's a correct call mate! Obviously you are insane if Clive gives you anything other than piss boiling rage but hey live and let live you mental bastard! :lol: :wink:

I think I originally said between 6th and 10th. Thankfully 10th to 7th is now out but I would not be surprised if we fuck the pooch and end up 6th. :(

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:02 pm
g88ner wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Hopefully it's a correct call mate! Obviously you are insane if Clive gives you anything other than piss boiling rage but hey live and let live you mental bastard! :lol: :wink:

I think I originally said between 6th and 10th. Thankfully 10th to 7th is now out but I would not be surprised if we fuck the pooch and end up 6th. :(
Will be hard to finish 6th as Manchester United would have to win at Brighton and Palace (Arsenal couldn’t beat either this season) and Arsenal would have to lose all the remaining games. A draw will pretty much guarantee 5th unless there is a goal difference swing of 7 goals.

I don’t think Scum will beat Victims*, so as long as Arsenal beat dirty Leeds they should go into game at the sh!t hole 4 or 5 points to the good. Would also help if Victims* could give Scum a bit of a hiding and for Arsenal to do likewise against dirty Leeds. That 7 goal difference could disappear by next Thursday.

8 more points will probably be enough for 4th.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:50 pm

I am hoping it is all over by the Newcastle game so neither match matters. Beat dirty Leeds and Scum.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arrgee wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
g88ner wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Will be hard to finish 6th as Manchester United would have to win at Brighton and Palace (Arsenal couldn’t beat either this season) and Arsenal would have to lose all the remaining games. A draw will pretty much guarantee 5th unless there is a goal difference swing of 7 goals.

I don’t think Scum will beat Victims*, so as long as Arsenal beat dirty Leeds they should go into game at the sh!t hole 4 or 5 points to the good. Would also help if Victims* could give Scum a bit of a hiding and for Arsenal to do likewise against dirty Leeds. That 7 goal difference could disappear by next Thursday.

I'll wait and see what happens before I get overly confident with this manager and these players. :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 4:14 pm
arrgee wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
g88ner wrote:
g88ner wrote:

I'll wait and see what happens before I get overly confident with this manager and these players. :lol:
The same team that has beaten West Ham, Man Utd and Chelsea in consecutive games lost to Brighton, Palace and Southampton so yes, they are very capable of doing a complete u turn yet….

If only a couple of those defeats across the season were draws we would be so much more comfortable - but since when did The Arsenal do things the easy way ?