Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What Will Be Arsenal's Finishing Position This Season?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:48 pm

In the Top 4.
3%
In the Top 6.
28%
In the Top 8.
31%
In the Top Half of the Table
19%
In the Bottom Half of the Table
19%
Relegation Zone
No votes

Total votes: 36

shu

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by shu »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:26 pm
Looking at the last few games i would predict

Chavski L
Manure L or D
West Ham L or D
Leeds L or D
Bins L ( prob a savage and heavy beating)
Toon L or D
Everton W when it doesnt matter anymore and Fartita will get a new deal :oops:

At best in my view itll be 7 more points at worst probably 3
That’s a shocker Falkirk but looks spot on , 7th or maybe Wolves will catch us up . If it is 8th again surely the owners have to consider Artetas future.

Is there anyone on here who supports Arteta ?

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

falkirk goon wrote:

Chavski L
Manure L or D
West Ham L or D
Leeds L or D
Toon L or D

Too pessimistic- will do better.

Chelsea a - likely to feel effects of European and FA Cup games so Chelsea less likely to win than normal
Man U h not particularly good and unless Ronaldo is firing unlikely for United to win
West Ham a - between Europa League games, so Arsenal should win
Dirty Leeds h - gotta beat dirty Leeds, they are poor enough to go down
Scum a - all depends on how tight 4th place is. Doubt anything but a win will do to have any hope of 4th, but most likely to lose
Toon a - on the beach Arsenal should win
Everton h - assuming they are already safe or down Arsenal should, win otherwise anything could happen

I think 14 points±4 points with 3 likely victories and the others going any of three ways. Arsenal need to make 17 or 18 to be 4th and not lose to scum or Man U. Right now, 6th is what I would predict given West Ham are focused on Europe.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

arrgee wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:15 pm
falkirk goon wrote:

Chavski L
Manure L or D
West Ham L or D
Leeds L or D
Toon L or D

Chelsea a - likely to feel effects of European and FA Cup games so Chelsea less likely to win than normal
Man U h not particularly good and unless Ronaldo is firing unlikely for United to win
Scum a - all depends on how tight 4th place is. Doubt anything but a win will do to have any hope of 4th, but most likely to lose
Everton h - assuming they are already safe or down Arsenal should, win otherwise anything could happen

I think 14 points±4 points with 3 likely victories and the others going any of three ways. Arsenal need to make 17 or 18 to be 4th and not lose to scum or Man U. Right now, 6th is what I would predict given West Ham are focused on Europe.

Crystal Palace, Brighton, Southampton all comfortable mid-table, in very poor form, with nothing to play for…….. :rubchin:

1 goal in 3 matches, when it was all but over anyway :rubchin:

We shall see

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

arrgee wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

Chavski L
Manure L or D
West Ham L or D
Leeds L or D
Toon L or D

Yep and 6th will be seen as progress - 8th, 8th, 6th.. pathetic.

Not even the FA cup to keep us distracted these days, watching Liverpool or chavs win instead 🤮

No doubt chavs will still get a better owner than us though.

So sick of football right now. Even our women's team are 2nd rate these days, not that I really care 🙄

Zzzz I don't give a sh1t about 6th, finish below spurs should be auto sack!.

augie

Post by augie »

arrgee wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

Chavski L
Manure L or D
West Ham L or D
Leeds L or D
Toon L or D

New revolution with the biggest transfer kitty in world football at their disposal - those players will be playing for their future and to keep their place in that new superpower club. Assume it is their last home game of the season too, so there will be no taking their foot off the pedal in that game

Midz

Post by Midz »

It'll most likely come down to the last game which we'll need to win and of course we'll fuck it up like every other time.

Oh if only we could have some faith in our team.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

With a 7-9 point advantage on scum and manure, I was confident we’d hold on for 4th or 5th… now that gap has evaporated with tricky fixtures to come, I’d take 6th right now.

We’re more suited to Europa League anyway at this stage so I’m not as upset as some on here with our downturn in results. It’s disappointing but was always a risk given how tight our margins of victory have been in recent months.

No Europe or that conference bullshit would be a disaster though and should see Arteta bombed out. Europa would save him though.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Europa is fine for us as we'd have a fighting chance whereas the CL is so predictable for us to scrape through the group stage and bow out at the first match against any half decent team.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:58 am
Europa is fine for us as we'd have a fighting chance whereas the CL is so predictable for us to scrape through the group stage and bow out at the first match against any half decent team.
If you told me now United would pip scum to 4th, I’d be relaxed and totally fine with us finishing in a Europa League place. It’s actually the rivalry and benefit 4th might have for scum that is making me anxious.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

If West Ham win Europa League, 6th will only be good enough for the conference.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Lacazette: "I am in discussions with a lot of clubs. I am open. I want to play in Europe, it’s been a long time since I played in the Champions League, I’m missing it."

https://t.co/ouW6wzFPrq

And Arteta has this clown as captain :cussing:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:16 pm
Lacazette: "I am in discussions with a lot of clubs. I am open. I want to play in Europe, it’s been a long time since I played in the Champions League, I’m missing it."

Fuckin champions league ffs, yeah in the qualifying rounds if Apoel FC get that far, deluded numpty, he should concentrate on doing his job with us, he's cost us a lot of points with his glaring misses, fuck him off out of it the sulky *word censored*

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:16 pm

I’m not too sure what he has said that causes upset ?

I am in discussions with a lot of clubs …. Fine, he is out of contract, what would we expect ?
I want to play in Europe ? Wouldn’t all players want to play in European competition ?
It’s been a long time since I played in the. Champions League, I’m missing it…..

He doesn’t say that it’s Arsenal’s fault, he doesn’t say he deserves to play in it and we don’t, he states a fact that it’s been a long time since he played in it and is missing it.

It’s not like Denilson’s deluded I deserve to be winning trophies 🏆 :banghead:

Let’s face it he won’t be going to a club that will win the Champions League will he - Liverpool, City, Bayern ?

More like back to France - where he will play in the group stages and maybe the first knock out round.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I know he hasn't scored and that he should have... He has however tried and done his best; I'm talking about his work rate and although he hasn't scored he has tried to lead the youngsters as best he can.

I like Lacazette and his work rate and effort; I agree that is not enough on its own, But he seems like a genuine bloke and when I he does go I wish him well. :?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:28 pm
I know he hasn't scored and that he should have... He has however tried and done his best; I'm talking about his work rate and although he hasn't scored he has tried to lead the youngsters as best he can.

I like Lacazette and his work rate and effort; I agree that is not enough on its own, But he seems like a genuine bloke and when I he does go I wish him well. :?
Well I would wish him well too but please fuck him off somewhere else, that's all, there's no room for sentiment in top tier football.

He is a striker, he has to score goals, we all wanted giroud out after his 15 game drought yet he was prolific compared to lacca.