Shower of wankstains from down the road A Sun KO sometime in the afternoon

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: Shower of wankstains from down the road A Sun KO sometime in the afternoon

Post by Clummo99 »

The biggest, single thing I'll take from that game is that Auba doesn't deserve a place in the starting 11. He has been a shadow of his former self for too long now.

Whether it's lack of effort, lack of interest or his game has just gone doesn't matter.
Last edited by Clummo99 on Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:02 pm
What a great pre-season it's been - two behind closed door wins against shitty Millwall and Watford, couldn't beat Rangers or Hibs, and of course in the ones against our rivals we got beat

The squad is full of players who either don't want to be here or are not good enough to be here. Our captain clearly doesn't want to be here with yet another lazy, disinterested performance. I've loved the guy since we signed him, but enough is enough now. Time to sell up.

The football is over coached to the point of making us one of the easiest sides in the land to defend against.

I haven't seen anything in these games which makes me think anything has changed from last season. Lack of cutting edge, predictable tip tap approach play, and big gaps in certain positions that still have us looking like a midtable side

ESR was an absolute pleasure to watch. Tavares looks a real live wire, to the point I'd be tempted to start him wide on the left against Brentford and kick Auba's ass out of the team. Apart from that I can't think of anything else to be positive about. I'm sure loads of people will say we 'played well' because we had pretty little passing patterns in areas of the field that didn't hurt them, but they hit the post twice and every time they went direct they looked more like scoring than any of our attacks

A desperate season awaits - even worse than the last one, which I didn't think was possible
Did we loose again then?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arteta on Willock and Holding absence: "Rob wasn't fit enough. Joe we will explain the reasons when we can."

Arteta on Willock: "When I can say more I will let you know."

Arteta on signing a back up goalkeeper by Friday: I don't know... We're trying to improve the team in the areas we can.

Fuller quote

""I don't know what will happen. We train with the players we have that are available. We try to improve the team with players. The window is still open."

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arteta didn't mention Willian in his press conference but as per @j_castelobranco the midfielder trained ahead of the game.

Those close to the player insist a move isn't imminent and that he simply wasn't selected today.

https://t.co/QGVL2E3P8B https://t.co/mX2bdFRiTi

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:20 pm
Arteta didn't mention Willian in his press conference but as per @j_castelobranco the midfielder trained ahead of the game.

Those close to the player insist a move isn't imminent and that he simply wasn't selected today.

https://t.co/QGVL2E3P8B https://t.co/mX2bdFRiTi
Being saved for Friday night :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Looks like Willock is on his way out,wonder if its a sale or a loan

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

just seen the highlights...same old crap...late tackles from Xaha...fuck knows what Elneny was doing for the goal arsehole Son got

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Fine margins in this game, same as the Chelsea game.

If our old mate VAR was being used both games would probably have had different outcomes.

Only preseason so not too bothered about results but would have preferred not to lose today.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Strange to see Sp*rs fans applauding Saka onto the pitch :? I get it but, in the spirit of rivalry, I’d much prefer he was booed tbh :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:01 pm
Strange to see Sp*rs fans applauding Saka onto the pitch :? I get it but, in the spirit of rivalry, I’d much prefer he was booed tbh :lol:
21st century football fans. :roll:

I'm with you. Fucked if I'd be applauding Fat Tongue if he was in the same boat at Saka. :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:03 pm
g88ner wrote:

I'm with you. Fucked if I'd be applauding Fat Tongue if he was in the same boat at Saka. :lol:
They're scum full-stop. Their behaviour over the years to our players has been disgusting.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:50 pm
Sale. Fee in excess of £20m. Personal terms still to be agreed. Good move for everyone I think.

The barcodes get a player suited to their level, we get £20m to fritter away on Ramsdale, and Joe gets first team football for half a season before he gets benched for not being very good.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Kingralph wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:07 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:50 pm
Sale. Fee in excess of £20m. Personal terms still to be agreed. Good move for everyone I think.

The barcodes get a player suited to their level, we get £20m to fritter away on Ramsdale, and Joe gets first team football for half a season before he gets benched for not being very good.
^^^This^^^

:lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:48 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
g88ner wrote:

They're scum full-stop. Their behaviour over the years to our players has been disgusting.

I agree with you 99%, but I have to say that they respect they showed in the minutes silence on the day Rocky died was a major shock to me, and those scum fans present that day still have my appreciation for that

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:41 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:48 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
g88ner wrote:

I agree with you 99%, but I have to say that they respect they showed in the minutes silence on the day Rocky died was a major shock to me, and those scum fans present that day still have my appreciation for that
I will begrudgingly agree with you there, Augie. I'll accept that one but the years of lobbing bottles at the team bus on the way into their shithole, the absolutely vile chants and abuse at our players for about 25 years or more, the lobbing of bottles and coins, the constant attacking of our supporters on the way in and out of their shithole whilst the old bill just watch. They are pure scum.