Welcome to The Arsenal, Aaron Ramsdale

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Welcome to The Arsenal, Aaron Relegationdale

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:11 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:05 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:38 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:35 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:22 pm
Takes an absolute shi-t-c-unt to start a thread with that title. :twisted:
He’s not going to marry you, no matter how much you try to defend him mate.
King Twat.
Give it a rest with the personal abuse mate. Cheers.
Fair dos. Not sure I can agree with personal abuse of our own players before they’ve even played for us though.
It's not personal abuse.

augie

Re: Welcome to The Arsenal, Aaron Ramsdale

Post by augie »

The thread title doesnt bother me cos it is a bit of banter on here, but I have to agree with Rodders and say that the abuse he has been getting on social media from so called fans is a fcuking disgrace and shameful. Personally there is no way in the world that I would have signed him, but he has done nothing to deserve being abused, and this shit is typical of your new age fan - years ago fans would give a player pelters at the games, but they didnt resort to writing abusing letters to players when they werent on the pitch, but these days seem people think that it is acceptable to randomly abuse a player anonymously from sitting at home. These c.unts need a good kicking

From my own point of view I didnt want to sign him but I do wish him well and hope that he proves me wrong

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:14 pm
I'm gonna go against my gut instincts here and change the thread title. I very seldom do this as I don't want this place to end up the way the old .com forum apparently was. But in this case the player has done nothing wrong yet to "earn" a derogatory thread title. So with apologies to the thread starter I'm going to change the title.

I'm whelmed by his signing and particularly at 30m but hopefully he'll come good and replace Butter Wrists.
I don’t mind you changing my thread title, but it’s a bit rich to change the title because it’s insulting, and then in the same post insult our other ‘keeper! :D

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Kingralph wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:14 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
I'm gonna go against my gut instincts here and change the thread title. I very seldom do this as I don't want this place to end up the way the old .com forum apparently was. But in this case the player has done nothing wrong yet to "earn" a derogatory thread title. So with apologies to the thread starter I'm going to change the title.

I'm whelmed by his signing and particularly at 30m but hopefully he'll come good and replace Butter Wrists.
I don’t mind you changing my thread title, but it’s a bit rich to change the title because it’s insulting, and then in the same post insult our other ‘keeper! :D

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:34 pm
Yeah piss poor thread title to be fair.

As fans we’re quick enough to moan about the death of The Arsenal, the family club, the club that oozed class and tradition both on and off the field for decades before being eaten up and shat out by the Kroenke’s.

Some of those very same fans then see no issue with abusing a player on social media forcing him to turn off comments on his posts before he’d even officially joined the club because he was getting so much shit on there.

I wish him all the best, hope he will become the number 1 ASAP and go on to become a top class keeper and have a great career with us.

Fucking hell there’s enough negativity around the club at the moment without us heaping even more on by slating a guy who hasn’t even made his debut.

The media are already shitting all over us and salivating at the prospect of being able to stick the knife in even more over the coming weeks. Well FUCK THEM, they’ve always hated us and it’s always been us and them.

So can we just have a little more us and a lot less them from our own fucking fan base please?

WE ARE THE ARSENAL :barscarf:
I don’t do Twitter or Instagram
Was it Arsenal fans abusing him ?
I read Sheffield united fans were upset at losing him
Probably don’t see us as much of a step up

John F

Post by John F »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:45 pm
About time we had an English keeper, with the exception of mad Jens; since peak David Seaman in the late 90s, all the others from wherever they've come from, have been fucking toilet. This lad seems fairly down to earth, up for a fight and happy to get stuck in. From reading up on him, he's had good reviews from the managers at wherever he's been and seems to have picked up a few player of the year awards at various clubs. He's 23, knows what it takes to be a keeper in English league football and isn't coming here to pick up money and have a laugh as a second or third choice like so many before him.
As I posted before a few Sheffield United fans think he has potential.
There is a chance that we could field an entire British back line. Chambers,White,Holding Tierney,Ramsdale.That hasn't happened since the good old days.It is slightly depressing when you think of the standard of the famous back five compared to these chaps but then again who else can live up to a once in a lifetime set of players and manager.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Kingralph wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol:

True, but then Butter Wrists has well and truly earned that insult. The new guy hasn't. Yet..... :wink:

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

I like the fact that the focus was on signing a young keeper who would challenge Leno for the no 1 position rather than signing someone who would be happy to stay second choice. If there was ever a player who needed to feel the pressure of competition, it is Leno.

Ramsdale wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice though specially given the price we are paying but then I haven't seen enough of him to make an informed judgement. Playing for relegated clubs may make a keeper look better or worse than they actually are. I listened to his interview and he seems like a nice down to earth lad who is motivated and keen to impress. Good luck to him and hope he proves the doubters like me wrong and turns out to be a success.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:20 am
Kingralph wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol:

True, but then Butter Wrists has well and truly earned that insult. The new guy hasn't. Yet..... :wink:
\

Besides which Leno comes across as an arrogant cun.t doesn't he. :?

:mrgreen: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:40 am
I like the fact that the focus was on signing a young keeper who would challenge Leno for the no 1 position rather than signing someone who would be happy to stay second choice. If there was ever a player who needed to feel the pressure of competition, it is Leno.

Ramsdale wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice though specially given the price we are paying but then I haven't seen enough of him to make an informed judgement. Playing for relegated clubs may make a keeper look better or worse than they actually are. I listened to his interview and he seems like a nice down to earth lad who is motivated and keen to impress. Good luck to him and hope he proves the doubters like me wrong and turns out to be a success.
Also had eduthecocksucker and captain black not sold the better of our 2 keepers at the time - There would be no need for all this drama, with quite a few Gooners not at all bothered if we were selling Leno.

A few weeks ago a lot of social media places and papers were slating Arsenal for trying to sign Ramsdale; perhaps because of the reported £30mill price tag and yet now he has been signed the same outlets are fawning over him. :?

Put it this way If he does well and becomes another David Seaman none would be happier than I. :)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Good luck Ramsdale.

I’ll now extinguish the candles I’ve kept burning ever since Emi Martinez departed and hope Aaron can put Leno’s arse firmly on the bench!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:40 am

A while back listened to a piece with Wally Downes the old Wimbledon player and coach at about a million clubs and he spoke about what he looks for in players. When it came to keepers, he made the point that you can tell a lot more about a bloke who plays in goal at a struggling club than a top of the table club because he's going to have a lot more to do and a lot more to save than a team that is always winning.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I like this keeper. He is brave and was mixing it up with his kicks as he said he would do. Keep him in the side and sell Leno.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Outside of his shite pass to Xhaka (which ended up in our counter attack goal), he's been a solid addition. His save to push Mouras shot to the crossbar was world class. Is looking to be a good piece of business.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

begeegs wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:42 pm
Outside of his shite pass to Xhaka (which ended up in our counter attack goal), he's been a solid addition. His save to push Mouras shot to the crossbar was world class. Is looking to be a good piece of business.
Yeah, if Leno had done that and Xhaka gives it away like he usually does it’s a very different story.
He needs to learn if Xhaka is playing to just by pass him.