Welcome to The Arsenal, Aaron Ramsdale

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Welcome to The Arsenal, Aaron Ramsdale

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Where is King Numpty?

herbert

Re: Welcome to The Arsenal, Aaron Relegationdale

Post by herbert »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:34 pm
Yeah piss poor thread title to be fair.

As fans we’re quick enough to moan about the death of The Arsenal, the family club, the club that oozed class and tradition both on and off the field for decades before being eaten up and shat out by the Kroenke’s.

Some of those very same fans then see no issue with abusing a player on social media forcing him to turn off comments on his posts before he’d even officially joined the club because he was getting so much shit on there.

I wish him all the best, hope he will become the number 1 ASAP and go on to become a top class keeper and have a great career with us.

Fucking hell there’s enough negativity around the club at the moment without us heaping even more on by slating a guy who hasn’t even made his debut.

The media are already shitting all over us and salivating at the prospect of being able to stick the knife in even more over the coming weeks. Well FUCK THEM, they’ve always hated us and it’s always been us and them.

So can we just have a little more us and a lot less them from our own fucking fan base please?

WE ARE THE ARSENAL :barscarf:
Lookng good so far :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Looks like a huge upgrade on Butter Wrists tbh. He tries to parry wide rather than straight into the path of the oppo striker, he is more aggressive and commanding of his area and that late wonder save is a contender for SOTS.

Like Tommi it's early days but I'm really hopeful Ramsdale is gonna be the real deal for us.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Basically we have been waiting for someone like him since David Seaman left, and he has an aggressive commanding presence....

John F

Post by John F »

"I can not see one clear reason why I have been dropped" Leno has been complaining.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:59 am
Basically we have been waiting for someone like him since David Seaman left, and he has an aggressive commanding presence....
I saw an interview with the pair of them after the win against the scum and it looked a bit like the whole Rocky-Saka, Merson-ESR thing had made another generation jump. Old Safe Hands seems to absolutely love the art of keeping and he looked thrilled that Ramsdale was speaking about being annoyed at conceding a goal even though we won 3-1 and mentioned a technical point about his bodyweight being back rather than forward and that meant he didn't save it or something. We haven't had a keeper who actually seems interested in the job or knowledgeable about it since Seaman or perhaps Mad Jens who just seemed outraged at ever having to make a save and generally disgusted with anyone who even tried to have a shot at him.
I do think he's going to be as good a keeper and as important to our club as Seaman was. He's got the look about him of a keeper who knows that the first job they have is to keep a clean sheet and after that, it's organising the defenders and setting high standards for what he expects from them. I absolutely loved him making a couple of saves against Norwich, a few against Burnley and then three top quality ones against the scum and then storming off his line to either speak to a defender or shout to them to wake up and get in position. That last happened in about 2004.
I think we're going to see a Ramsdale v Pickford battle for England's number one position in much the same way we saw a Seaman v Woods fight in the early 90s. I'm not getting all dizzy and over-excited about a few wins against two bang average teams and relegation material scum but perhaps we might just have the nucleus of a team who fancy having a go at being Arsenal players rather than just professional footballers. There's a fucking big difference between the two.
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Seamen and Ramsdale post NLD interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfQf-XjqLME

8)

And!
David Seamen thinks Ramsdale is the better GK for Arsenal. :D

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

It sums Leno up that he has no idea why he isn’t playing !! :roll:
How about never catching the ball? Slapping it back into the middle of the box? Slow distribution? Passing it short to man marked defenders constantly? Letting yourself get bullied by the opposition?

I hope that helps Leno old chap, quite a list to work on at your new club!!

wibble

Post by wibble »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:52 pm
It sums Leno up that he has no idea why he isn’t playing !! :roll:
How about never catching the ball? Slapping it back into the middle of the box? Slow distribution? Passing it short to man marked defenders constantly? Letting yourself get bullied by the opposition?

I hope that helps Leno old chap, quite a list to work on at your new club!!
To be fair to Leno, he said he couldn’t see ONE clear reason :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

So far so good, I want to see how he manages under the cosh though, this is not a criticism of him, but so far he hasnt faced any real pressure and in the main the defence has been relatively decent in front of him too, I'm hoping that it is a sign of things to come that both he and the defenders can begin to build not only understanding but confidence from each other :D

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:30 am
So far so good, I want to see how he manages under the cosh though, this is not a criticism of him, but so far he hasnt faced any real pressure and in the main the defence has been relatively decent in front of him too, I'm hoping that it is a sign of things to come that both he and the defenders can begin to build not only understanding but confidence from each other :D
Well he did today and was excellent again. I am sure that he will have bigger tests, but my confidence in him is growing.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Saved the game for us late on. Was impressed with his interview after the game. Seems pragmatic and willing to work hard and learn. Opposite of the arrogant Butter Wrists.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:34 pm
Saved the game for us late on. Was impressed with his interview after the game. Seems pragmatic and willing to work hard and learn. Opposite of the arrogant Butter Wrists.
Absolutely - that strong hand to push the downward header away from Maupay saved a point. Old butter wrists would have crumbled there and then

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:53 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:34 pm
Absolutely - that strong hand to push the downward header away from Maupay saved a point. Old butter wrists would have crumbled there and then
Crumble…Pastry wrists?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

that strong hand to push the downward header away from Maupay saved a point.

Reminiscent of Spunky who apparently is doing a bit of coaching with him.