Clueless c_@t who is away with the birds in N5..at home to The Canary cockholes Sat 11th Sept 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Clueless c_@t who is away with the birds in N5..at home to The Canary cockholes Sat 11th Sept 3pm

Post by augie »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:12 pm
Positives:

Gabriel back to replace the utterly useless Mari. Saved as with a few blocks as well.

White's distribution from defence was pinpoint. Just a shame it was Pepe on the end of them!

Tamogochi seemed to have slotted straight into RB. Hopefully that marks the end of Cedric apart from the odd sub appearance.#

Ramsdale and his kicking. Was good to see a goalie boot it with purpose, not fanny around.

Lokongo looks pretty solid. Shame he won't get a look in when Xhaka returns .

Negatives:

Pepe still can't beat a man with the ball at his feet

Partey, apart from the build up to the goal looks a walking foul and card machine. Offers no protection to the back 4.

Odegaard still doesn't offer as much as he should. Seeing ESR when he came on was like night and day!

Havent seen any of the game so am not judging any player yet even though I am stunned that we only beat them by 1 :shock: :shock:

Let me add though, that the much predicted shafting smith-rowe in favour of odegaard has started earlier than even I expected :censored: :censored:

g88ner

Re: Clueless c_@t who is away with the birds in N5..at home to The Canary cockholes Sat 11th Sept 3pm

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:03 pm

Let me add though, that the much predicted shafting smith-rowe in favour of odegaard has started earlier than even I expected :censored: :censored:
Oh come on ffs :lol: ESR was sent home from the England U21 camp last week for being unwell. It’s no surprise whatsoever that he didn’t start :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:13 pm
augie wrote:

Oh come on ffs :lol: ESR was sent home from the England U21 camp last week for being unwell. It’s no surprise whatsoever that he didn’t start :lol:

Well enough to be on the bench but not well enough to start ? :rubchin: Most managers in that situation would start the player and take him off then if need be - if you bring him on and he isnt able for it, you will then have to use a second sub just to replace him

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:17 pm
g88ner wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:13 pm
augie wrote:

Well enough to be on the bench but not well enough to start ? :rubchin: Most managers in that situation would start the player and take him off then if need be - if you bring him on and he isnt able for it, you will then have to use a second sub just to replace him
:lol: :lol:

What you’ve written above is bullshit and you know it mate.

We all know it’s common practice for managers to include key players on the bench if they don’t think they’re fit enough for 90 mins. Every team does that. We also had Partey on the bench as Arteta said he wasn’t fit enough to start.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

A win against fellow fodder and all is well in Fartitas garden :oops:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Haven't seen any of the game, but we needed to start pulling back that goal difference. 1-0 wins are great, but as Spurs found out, they can be wiped out in one match.
A win is a start, a clean sheet is a start too. In other words, we weren't ready for the start of the season. I remember the first time I heard Wenger used that as an excuse. My opinion hasn't changed, Arteta you had one job and that was to prepare the team for the start of the season, and he didn't do it.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

After Brentford and again yesterday I have to say I’m now starting to get massively concerned about how easily and often Ben White is getting destroyed in the air. I don’t think I’ve seen him win a single aerial duel in either game :shock:

A few times yesterday including that free kick right at the death he’s nowhere near winning the header and that’s going to cost us big time if he doesn’t improve.

That one at the end, you’re one nil up at home, 30 seconds to go and a free kick is launched 60 yards towards your penalty box. That’s where you want your centre back to take ownership of things, win the header and close out the game.

Instead he gets fucking rag dolled by Pukki who’s actually smaller than him and it took a great block by Cedric of all people to prevent a dangerous shot going in on goal.

Very concerning.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:28 am
After Brentford and again yesterday I have to say I’m now starting to get massively concerned about how easily and often Ben White is getting destroyed in the air. I don’t think I’ve seen him win a single aerial duel in either game :shock:

A few times yesterday including that free kick right at the death he’s nowhere near winning the header and that’s going to cost us big time if he doesn’t improve.

That one at the end, you’re one nil up at home, 30 seconds to go and a free kick is launched 60 yards towards your penalty box. That’s where you want your centre back to take ownership of things, win the header and close out the game.

Instead he gets fucking rag dolled by Pukki who’s actually smaller than him and it took a great block by Cedric of all people to prevent a dangerous shot going in on goal.

Very concerning.
I wouldn't be too concerned Rodders, we'll already be dead and buried by that stage most games

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

https://player.arsenal.com/matches/firs ... enaldotcom

Highlights from Arsenal.com for those that have seen them, including Maitland Niles just running the ball out for a goal kick :roll: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This guy (Graeme?) talks a lot of sense and IMO could run the team better than Farteta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3xTDFZ1dCI

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:13 am

Highlights from Arsenal.com for those that have seen them, including Maitland Niles just running the ball out for a goal kick :roll: :lol:

The link doesn't appear to be working mate.

There's this 2 minute version on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGXVFA0lKzQ

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:52 pm
WE ARE STAYING UP :barscarf:
Rodders has gone early ( not for the first time :wink: )
Out of the drop zone, hooray :barscarf:

Relegation 6 pointer v Burnley next ooop

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:18 am
StuartL wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:13 am

The link doesn't appear to be working mate.

There's this 2 minute version on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGXVFA0lKzQ

Ah okay, maybe you have to sign in as a digital member to see it ?

Anyhoo - we huffed and puffed and from a Pepe shot that hit the post, cam back to him, he then hit the other post , fell over, ball hit him and landed at Auba’s feet about a yard from an open goal we scored. :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

So.....having had the cricket called off at the last minute, I got a late call up to go to this as my mate's Dad was ill.

My god Arteta has coached every bit of joy out of his players hasn't he? Another 90 minutes of mind numbing, paceless tedium to go with most of the performances I've seen since he joined. Norwich are absolutely shite but we made hard work of them

The days of the flat track bullies have long gone - I doubt we'll score more than twice in a match all season

Painful viewing

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:43 pm
So.....having had the cricket called off at the last minute, I got a late call up to go to this as my mate's Dad was ill.

My god Arteta has coached every bit of joy out of his players hasn't he? Another 90 minutes of mind numbing, paceless tedium to go with most of the performances I've seen since he joined. Norwich are absolutely shite but we made hard work of them

The days of the flat track bullies have long gone - I doubt we'll score more than twice in a match all season

Painful viewing

Yes, everyone is saying our players are "Over Coached".

Thing is they are being over-coached by someone who is clearly out of his depth.

It can only end in tears.