Welcome Takehiro Tomiyasu

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunnerz4life

Re: Welcome Takehiro Tomiyasu

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Early days but looks a player.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

He looked decent, but it was Norwich. Miles better than our other right-backs. He seems no nonsense which we haven't seen in a long while. I think that the last no-nonsense defender was Sagna. He isn't as good initially, but he is only 22, so could get better.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

begeegs wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:18 pm
He looked decent, but it was Norwich. Miles better than our other right-backs. He seems no nonsense which we haven't seen in a long while. I think that the last no-nonsense defender was Sagna. He isn't as good initially, but he is only 22, so could get better.
Yeah a very promising introduction, particularly bearing in mind how little time he has had with the team / squad.
( or maybe that’s a bonus )

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Definitely an upgrade on Linda McCartney-Zoolander, but then my famous dead granny is too.

Early days but he looked good, considering he's in a new country, in a new league, at a new club that's managed by a complete vagina.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Also he had only worked with the squad for a few days. I like the look of him, has a bit of steel about him instead of the Lacy Paper Doily approach of Bellend :D

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Anyone else notice that quite often we look like we have a player on our hands. Then, after a few weeks on the training ground they regress, having had all of their natural instinct to either defend or attack coached out of them. I won’t get excited because I have seen it all before.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:02 am
Anyone else notice that quite often we look like we have a player on our hands. Then, after a few weeks on the training ground they regress, having had all of their natural instinct to either defend or attack coached out of them. I won’t get excited because I have seen it all before.

Yes, I remember seeing it before with players with "Potential" being so badly coached or is that Mis-coached by TOF they regressed to shyte and it looks like Farteta has that tool in his coaching toolbox. :( :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:02 am
Yep. I'm amazed Tierney hasn't morphed into Clichy or Fat Kallossalsnatch yet. :shock:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

He's gotten better and looks to be a quality addition. Once he gets better going forward, he will be a superb signing. Defensively, he rarely puts a foot wrong.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

He's done more to win me over in 3 games than Bellend Bellerin has in 3 seasons

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

begeegs wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:44 pm
He's gotten better and looks to be a quality addition. Once he gets better going forward, he will be a superb signing. Defensively, he rarely puts a foot wrong.
As long he doesn’t lose his defensive qualities when he gets better going forward

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

He looks really good. I know, early days and if we are honest Linda McCartney-Zoolander looked good too early on, but let's hope Tommi goes more down the Lee Dixon route rather than the Linda route.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

just like Ramsdale for Leno, Tomi for bellend is a massive upgrade...should have been done years ago

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Looks like we have a great Asian footballer of our own.

But credit to Son. if TT can have half the impact Son has had at Spurs he will have done very well.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:55 am
Looks like we have a great Asian footballer of our own.

But credit to Son. if TT can have half the impact Son has had at Spurs he will have done very well.
:oops:

You really don't get it, do you, mate? :lol: