Welcome Takehiro Tomiyasu

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Re: Welcome Takehiro Tomiyasu

Post by goonertux »

Tomi, ahhhh shit!?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:44 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:47 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:37 pm
He’s one of our own, he’s one of our own

Harry Kari, he’s one of our own.

:barscarf: :barscarf:
From what I saw on that 'Best Bits' video:

He likes a Tackle
He is Two Footed
He's Nippy. :D

He needs a nick name!

:rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

Tomi Takeaway :barscarf:
Can’t say he’s nippy mate…
:roll:

Think about it Robbo mate! :D :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:02 am
Ill give the the benefit of the doubt. I wont use his Asian heritage against him. There is a stigma against Asian footballers and assumption signing players are commercially driven. But every world cup Japan and South Korea seem to be a handful for their opponents. Some really good footballers come out of these two countries. If he were Italian or Spanish I think there would be more optimism but because he is Japanese some people roll the eyes.

^^^This^^^.

I can't understand while people (You lot!) are writing him off before he's even put on the shirt!?

Okay so yes, he has been signed but the lesser known fuck-up brothers (aka: FUB) and we all know they do NOT have a Scooby what they're doing, but maybe just maybe once the lesser known F-Up brothers are sacked he may prove useful or even Good. :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:04 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:02 am
Ill give the the benefit of the doubt. I wont use his Asian heritage against him. There is a stigma against Asian footballers and assumption signing players are commercially driven. But every world cup Japan and South Korea seem to be a handful for their opponents. Some really good footballers come out of these two countries. If he were Italian or Spanish I think there would be more optimism but because he is Japanese some people roll the eyes.

^^^This^^^.

I can't understand while people (You lot!) are writing him off before he's even put on the shirt!?

Okay so yes, he has been signed but the lesser known fuck-up brothers (aka: FUB) and we all know they do NOT have a Scooby what they're doing, but maybe just maybe once the lesser known F-Up brothers are sacked he may prove useful or even Good. :?
You've answered your own question with the bit in red mate. :D :wink:

But hey yeah fingers crossed 🤞 he'll be good, but you know what? I really doubt he will. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Okay so I'm grasping at Straws but I'm just fed up with this false dawn, shallow Hope, the hope that fuckin-KILLS!. :cry:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:13 am
Okay so I'm grasping at Straws but I'm just fed up with this false dawn, shallow Hope, the hope that fuckin-KILLS!. :cry:
yeah you used to give poor old augie some right shit for his arteta negativity at the start!...and yet he was right!! (well tbf 90% of us knew it would be a disaster...)how dare you question the soothsayer again!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:14 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
yeah you used to give poor old augie some right shit for his arteta negativity at the start!...and yet he was right!! (well tbf 90% of us knew it would be a disaster...)how dare you question the soothsayer again!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

creep

:lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Whilst it has turned out that Arteta & co are Useless dorks... It could have also turned out that he was a success.... and all would be rosey in the Arteta garde. ... Aaaah! Hold On let me rephrase that what I mean is Uhhhmmm! :rubchin: Gimme a minute or two .. Okay so Augie was right BUT - Who was to know that Pep's cone boy didn't actually learn fuck-all at his masters knee???

#justsaying. :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

goonertux wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:28 pm
Tomi, ahhhh shit!?
We should let him take some goal kicks just for that alone.

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Not trying to steal old Baldylocks Augie's thunder here but I don't think anyone on here was positive about his appointment (except maybe sid :wink: ). I think none of us wanted it but when it happened we all hoped beyond hope it might be a freak occurrence and he'd be some kind of debut managerial genius, an idiot savant of football, if you will. Well we got that half right anyway..... :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sushi Sid is Always Right....

Well....

Most of the time ...

I mean..

Occasionally...

Perhaps....

:D

Ivodrizzi

Post by Ivodrizzi »

man this is pretty brutal. alot of sketpicism taking him off spurs and being for the asian market...guy is really good. Especially on the ball. Him and White make the CB pairing very dynamic in poss. Gabriel actually becomes worst on ball of the 3 and that aint a bad thing as long as they are used to their strengths. dunno if tomi can solve def issues tho.

Midz

Post by Midz »

He'll be playing for Fulham or Charlton in a couple of years after milking our resources for a while and doing fuck all else.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
a) I don't think Augie is "poor" in any sense of the word.

b) Old? Yup! :D :wink: :wink:

c) Even a stopped clock is right twice a day :-P :wink:

d) You have never been wrong Ever!? have you mate? :lol: (Or is that your twin brother) ? :rubchin: :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

To be fair, the lad is getting some decent write ups so hopefully he’s pretty good. Looking forward to seeing him play!

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:03 am
To be fair, the lad is getting some decent write ups so hopefully he’s pretty good. Looking forward to seeing him play!
Here,here.

Can't be any worse than the hari Kari defending from this position we've seen the last few years. I think he'll surprise a few . Seems to have good energy levels so should be up to the pace of the PL easy enough.