Welcome Takehiro Tomiyasu

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Welcome Takehiro Tomiyasu

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Did well when he came on today, contributed to the goal but knocking it across to Havertz, who then laid it to Martinelli.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:46 pm
Did well when he came on today, contributed to the goal but knocking it across to Havertz, who then laid it to Martinelli.
Was an intelligent little run and header

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

He's getting back to his early form is Tomi, confidence is returning and he's a better option as a pure defender than Zinchenko on the left and he's a very good CB too.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:58 pm
He's getting back to his early form is Tomi, confidence is returning and he's a better option as a pure defender than Zinchenko on the left and he's a very good CB too.
I was thinking the exact same thing... Also he looks far more comfortable going forward and being part of an attack.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Hope to be proven wrong about this guy - he's been one of our worst players for the past year when he has played. The injuries he suffered seemed to rob him of everything he showed in his early months with us - I likened it to Bellerin when he went from being a really promising and dynamic wing back, to one who lost the lot - pace, strength, passing and crossing, tackling. Tomiyasu looks the same to me, but nice to hear that he seems to be recovering that early form. We need all the options we can get at the back over a long season

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:38 am
Hope to be proven wrong about this guy - he's been one of our worst players for the past year when he has played. The injuries he suffered seemed to rob him of everything he showed in his early months with us - I likened it to Bellerin when he went from being a really promising and dynamic wing back, to one who lost the lot - pace, strength, passing and crossing, tackling. Tomiyasu looks the same to me, but nice to hear that he seems to be recovering that early form. We need all the options we can get at the back over a long season
He has come on as Sub in the last 2 games and both times proved to be Very Effective in Defence and Attack. For sure the promise he showed when he first came to Arsenal is there again.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Takehiro Tomiyasu heads to the Asian Cup in January, potentially missing up to five games for the Gunners depending on how far his native Japan get in the tournament. - football.london
I didn't know such a cup even existed, FFS!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:03 am
Takehiro Tomiyasu heads to the Asian Cup in January, potentially missing up to five games for the Gunners depending on how far his native Japan get in the tournament. - football.london

Yes mate. Apparently it's in Asia! :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
After his injury he went through a time of being fucking awful - remember that back pass that gave $hitty the lead... just when we had the momentum and looked the most likely to score...

BUT since then he has made Leaps & Bounds (yesss! I knowww pun intended ! :oops: ) and because he is two footed he has been able to d cover both flanks; though Left is his preferred side... The times he has driven forward with an attack and contributed to both scoring (Declan Rice's goal against Manure) whilst also defending Far Far Better than Zinchenko.

Also he always gives 100% unlike Havoc or Vieira....

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:07 pm
TeeCee wrote:
After his injury he went through a time of being fucking awful - remember that back pass that gave $hitty the lead... just when we had the momentum and looked the most likely to score...

BUT since then he has made Leaps & Bounds (yesss! I knowww pun intended ! :oops: ) and because he is two footed he has been able to d cover both flanks; though Left is his preferred side... The times he has driven forward with an attack and contributed to both scoring (Declan Rice's goal against Manure) whilst also defending Far Far Better than Zinchenko.

Also he always gives 100% unlike Havoc or Vieira....
He was a little at fault for the Sheff Utd goal last week, he should have put the ball out, safety first, and he was holding the guys shirt just as much as he was being held, so was never going to be ruled out for a foul.

By and large he is better physically, harder to dribble past and better in the air than Zinchencko, so I would prefer him at left back with Zinchencko maybe in midfield role while we have Partey out

Midz

Post by Midz »

How about trying out Havertz at left back as he's proved to be pretty useless everywhere else?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Midz wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:00 pm
How about trying out Havertz at left back as he's proved to be pretty useless everywhere else?

Good idea, or perhaps in goal because we're having a few problems there too.

Mind you, I know £65m is a lot of money, but I'd be perfectly happy just to see him as the kit man.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:33 pm
Midz wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:00 pm

Good idea, or perhaps in goal because we're having a few problems there too.

Mind you, I know £65m is a lot of money, but I'd be perfectly happy just to see him as the kit man.
:lol:

More like Kit-Kat man... and something tells me that just might break him.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Midz wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:03 am
but the good news is that the only half decent player that the scum have got (Son) will also be heading to this tournament :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal in negotiations with Takehiro Tomiyasu over new long-term contract. Offer to 25yo has been made + expectation is agreement will be reached in due course. Would extend & improve current deal (2025 + option for extra 12 months) @TheAthleticFC #AFC