Lokonga

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
begeegs

Lokonga

Post by begeegs »

Not sure if there was a topic for this, so please merge if there is (not to mention edit the title :D)

This lad looks like the best purchase of the window. He has gotten better with each game, so let's hope that he stays fit. He has a good range of passing, can dribble and tackle. When Xhaka comes back, he shouldn't lose his place because he is better than him.

Andrew

Re: Lokonga

Post by Andrew »

But can he point?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That's a point worthy of discussion :mrgreen:

He makes Clive look even worse than we all know he is... Lokonga should remain and Clive fuckedOff

For me he was Man Of The Match Today.... either him or ESR.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I agree I think he has done well so far however what worries me is he was replaced by Partey. I hate Xhaka and I'm no fan of AMN but it seems to me Arteta is going to rotate Lakonga/Partey and potentially Xhaka with AMN. I would much rather he tried a partnership of Lakonga and Partey than have either of the other two near the team, but then what do I know :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:05 am
I agree I think he has done well so far however what worries me is he was replaced by Partey. I hate Xhaka and I'm no fan of AMN but it seems to me Arteta is going to rotate Lakonga/Partey and potentially Xhaka with AMN. I would much rather he tried a partnership of Lakonga and Partey than have either of the other two near the team, but then what do I know :roll:
Turns out you know the same as me. Obviously I despise the walking head injury that is Clive and want him gone, and having seen enough of Maitland-Bendtner to confirm he is pub level average, I'd prefer we try and establish a midfield two of Lokonga and Partey as well. It might not work but everything else we've tried in there has failed miserably so maybe these two might be the answer.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:13 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Turns out you know the same as me. Obviously I despise the walking head injury that is Clive and want him gone, and having seen enough of Maitland-Bendtner to confirm he is pub level average, I'd prefer we try and establish a midfield two of Lokonga and Partey as well. It might not work but everything else we've tried in there has failed miserably so maybe these two might be the answer.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup! Why the fuckk we didn't sell him last year when Wolves were offering £20million!?? Jeezus H That ten times what he's really worth. We've all heard the expression Asleep At The wheel well Maitland-Bendtner is asleep on the ball.

I agree I think a mid-field partnership of Lokonga and Partey is our best option, though Farteta won't see the obvious, no doubt he'll have tinkered by the next game and made at Least 4 to 5 changes to the starting line-up.

I reckon the reason he started Maitland-Bendtner was to try and acquiesce his feelings (Diddums :roll: ) and just to try and prove why they didn't sell him.. I am anything but convinced. The times the dullCunt gave the ball away and ended up playing us into danger happened 3 or 4 times.. :?

You can tell Lokonga has a footballing brain as well as skills they way he reads the play and where his team mates are..he also like to drive the play forward, which is something all the other sideways/backwards passing others cuntts like Clive and elninny keep doing all the time.

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
There’s been a lot of coverage yesterday that Arteta actually intends to play a 433 with ESR & Ødegaard both playing as a midfield attacking pivot with 1 from Partey/lokonga/Xhaka (please god not him) as a defensive midfield player.

This would explain how we finished the game in formation, the extended conversation Arteta was having with Ødegaard when we scored and also some of the weird experiments where Xhaka seemed to be our only midfielder. It won’t work with Xhaka because he’s dog shit but with a player like Partey who is strong and mobile it might.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Jayives wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:43 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
There’s been a lot of coverage yesterday that Arteta actually intends to play a 433 with ESR & Ødegaard both playing as a midfield attacking pivot with 1 from Partey/lokonga/Xhaka (please god not him) as a defensive midfield player.

This would explain how we finished the game in formation, the extended conversation Arteta was having with Ødegaard when we scored and also some of the weird experiments where Xhaka seemed to be our only midfielder. It won’t work with Xhaka because he’s dog shit but with a player like Partey who is strong and mobile it might.
That tactical change will be catastrophic for the team. We need to build strength from the back. I'd drop Odegaard back alongside Partey/ Lokonga with ESR in the front of the midfield three. Liverpool, Chelski and Man City all play with two DM's and let the wing back's attack. The three up front need to be closer together in my opinion. They play too far apart and that's why we end with less players in the box and more players out wide. Meaning it's so easy to defend against us. Just look at the goals scored column since Arteta came in. Too often when the ball drops in the opposing penalty area, there are no Arsenal players to capitalise on it, because they are not in the area where goals are scored from, basically the area 10-18 yards out, in front of the goal.
For example, when Pepe cuts in from the right onto his left on the edge of the box, we should have 1-2 players available for him to square too so they can take a shot at the full goal area in front of them, rather than Pepe attempt a shot at 1/4 of the goal's area. But Arteta doesn't set the team up to do this, and its bloody frustrating. Auba is around the 6 yard box with 2-3 defenders around him, and no one else in the area were it is easier to score a goal from.
Look at City, Chelski and Liverpool. When they score a goal, how often do you see a spare player nearer the corner flag in open play. They don't because the players come inside towards the goal, where they can have an opportunity to score. It's much easier to score a goal, when you're in front of the goal, than on the side of it. It sounds simple, because it is simple.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

And getting players in the box increases your chances of getting penalties and deflections etc .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's almost like Martinez-Lite doesn't know what he's doing.....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:09 am

BURN HIM!

BURN HIM!

BURN HIM !!!!

That's Peps cone boy mate not you! :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:28 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:09 am

BURN HIM!

BURN HIM!

BURN HIM !!!!

That's Peps cone boy mate not you! :lol: :wink:
:lol: :barscarf: