Forum negativity :-)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Forum negativity :-)

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bring back WENGER'S HAT and get a good sprinkling of positivity

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsene Wenger's Tragic
He's a fucking twat
When he saw the Fifa Job
he said I'm having that.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:15 pm

There is stuff that is said on here I really don't like but it does not break the rules so I just have to grin and bear it. It's the same for all of us.

Yeah we all have to endure Augie*, so no point any of us moaning!

*sorry augie could have put any of the regulars, no offense, and well imagine you don't car one jot as some other might!

herbert

Post by herbert »

Jayives wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:40 pm
Ok don’t shoot me down for this alright !, :D :D

There’s a piece in the latest gooner where Charlie Ashmore writes he wonders how much energy is consumed on the online gooner forum from people being angry. :lol: Whilst things have been rubbish I can’t help feel personally with the new signings we have a bright young side evolving and that we should let it run its course rather than change the manager again which wouldn’t solve much. People may disagree as is their right but I just generally feel Arsene bless him had run the club into the ground by the time he left and this needs to be considered ( Check his last line up!) the manager isn’t perfect and has made mistakes but blimey on this forum he gets it here both barrels. From the comments here it really seems to me that Arteta gets hammered for inheriting such duff players like Xhaka and elneny yet not making more out of them. So you think too much emphasis is getting placed on the coach and that with some of these turds you are bound to be screwed a bit?

Do you reckon the feeling of dissatisfaction on this forum is mirrored generally amongst our support or that people tend to be more miserable on here?
It is known as the Online Moaner for a reason :D

Sometimes you need to take off your managers hat and just get behind the Fkng team :barscarf:

After the City demolition a lot of our away support stayed behnd to clap the team ,it was not a show of hard luck fellas but a show of WE are going to be here the 12th man supporting you and together we are gong to move up that table and that was carried over to Burnley

The most pleasing thing for me from the camaraderie the away support showed at City was the amount of younger supporters who would only know Wenger and Sky football culture who got it that this is the time when the players and manager need you most :barscarf:

the playing mantis

herbert wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:49 am
Jayives wrote:

There’s a piece in the latest gooner where Charlie Ashmore writes he wonders how much energy is consumed on the online gooner forum from people being angry. :lol: Whilst things have been rubbish I can’t help feel personally with the new signings we have a bright young side evolving and that we should let it run its course rather than change the manager again which wouldn’t solve much. People may disagree as is their right but I just generally feel Arsene bless him had run the club into the ground by the time he left and this needs to be considered ( Check his last line up!) the manager isn’t perfect and has made mistakes but blimey on this forum he gets it here both barrels. From the comments here it really seems to me that Arteta gets hammered for inheriting such duff players like Xhaka and elneny yet not making more out of them. So you think too much emphasis is getting placed on the coach and that with some of these turds you are bound to be screwed a bit?

Do you reckon the feeling of dissatisfaction on this forum is mirrored generally amongst our support or that people tend to be more miserable on here?

Sometimes you need to take off your managers hat and just get behind the Fkng team :barscarf:

After the City demolition a lot of our away support stayed behnd to clap the team ,it was not a show of hard luck fellas but a show of WE are going to be here the 12th man supporting you and together we are gong to move up that table and that was carried over to Burnley

The most pleasing thing for me from the camaraderie the away support showed at City was the amount of younger supporters who would only know Wenger and Sky football culture who got it that this is the time when the players and manager need you most :barscarf:
but it also serves to keep a hapless manager in his job. unless they all thnk hes suddenly going to become the modern day clough in ability, there doing more harm than good in their blind faith...imho

herbert

Post by herbert »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:21 pm
herbert wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:49 am
Jayives wrote:

but it also serves to keep a hapless manager in his job. unless they all thnk hes suddenly going to become the modern day clough in ability, there doing more harm than good in their blind faith...imho
Blind faith supporting your team near the bottom of the league in the 3rd and 5th game of the season? :D

Should I be wanting us to lose?

the playing mantis

i think most agree things will not meaningfully get better under arteta come what may. hes shown nothing to suggest otherwise, so id like to see the support call him out whilst still supporting the team (well most of the team, boo the shit out of xhaka), otherwise the support can be used as an endorsement of arteta, even if its nothing of the sort.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:06 pm
i think most agree things will not meaningfully get better under arteta come what may. hes shown nothing to suggest otherwise, so id like to see the support call him out whilst still supporting the team (well most of the team, boo the shit out of xhaka), otherwise the support can be used as an endorsement of arteta, even if its nothing of the sort.
2 wins in a row and a possible 3rd victory v our neighbours the september premier league champons and on we go

No one was really talking about Arteta at Burnley it was all about Ramsdale and the right back and their performances
long may t continue :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

herbert wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:55 pm
2 wins in a row and a possible 3rd victory v our neighbours the september premier league champons and on we go

No one was really talking about Arteta at Burnley it was all about Ramsdale and the right back and their performances
Hi Herbert
Yeah the forum does come accross as negative :D but theres no none on here that wants us to loose

Great result on Saturday, but what is the reaction if Arteta drops Ramsdale for leno or xaha returns....are we too say yes Arteta is great and all is well?

Arteta draws critisism due to his decisions, in play tactics and substitutions

Ramsdale was a breath of fresh air on saturday, a real goalkeeper, even coming out to protect Tieney when he was on the ground, no way he should be dropped from the NLD

herbert

Post by herbert »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:08 pm
herbert wrote:

Hi Herbert
Yeah the forum does come accross as negative :D but theres no none on here that wants us to loose

Great result on Saturday, but what is the reaction if Arteta drops Ramsdale for leno or xaha returns....are we too say yes Arteta is great and all is well?

Ramsdale was a breath of fresh air on saturday, a real goalkeeper, even coming out to protect Tieney when he was on the ground, no way he should be dropped from the NLD
It will all depend on the result :barscarf: :banghead:

But I agree Ramsdale should start

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

herbert wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:22 pm
Redarmy wrote:
herbert wrote:

Hi Herbert

Think we can do it (with the right team picked) ...will have a good drink if we do :D :D :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:52 pm
herbert wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:22 pm
Redarmy wrote:
herbert wrote:

Hi Herbert

Think we can do it (with the right team picked) ...will have a good drink if we do :D :D :D

I think we all will mate! :cheers: :D

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

How is it on here today?
Anyone still moaning ?
Positive vibes after yesterday or people trying to deflate the optimism?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:18 am
How is it on here today?
Anyone still moaning ?
Positive vibes after yesterday or people trying to deflate the optimism?

:fishing:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Speaking of negative bastards ,has anyone seen Augie he's unusually quiet :lol:

Never mind , I found him 8)