Norwich Hospital Charity Cup winners 1946/47 1949/50 (joint) H Sun 26th Sept KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
John F

Re: Norwich Hospital Charity Cup winners 1946/47 1949/50 (joint) H Sun 26th Sept KO 430PM

Post by John F »

I tried posting the link and it ended up on some weird Facebook page.Check out the bench web cam on the official Arsenal site .Great scenes of the crowd reaction behind Arteta .

DB10GOONER

Re: Norwich Hospital Charity Cup winners 1946/47 1949/50 (joint) H Sun 26th Sept KO 430PM

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:07 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:26 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:23 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:07 pm
Fantastic result, made better by watching it with my Spurs fan dad.

I said to him at half-time "Arteta's in game management is non-existent, so I suspect you will get in the game more as it goes on." I wasn't wrong. Very disappointed by the last 20 mins of the game, as it made them look better than they were. We should have gone for six, to be honest. Granted, we didn't need to do anything in the second half, but we let them back into it a bit more than needed.

Eitherway, WE BEAT THE SCUM 3-1! :barscarf:
my old man said be a tottenham fan..........
I said fuck off bollocks you're a cùnt! :barscarf:
You missed a line mate!

My old man said be a Tottenham fan
But I said fuckk off bollocks, you're a cunnt, you're a cuntt
We'll follow the Arsenal over land and sea
We'll follow the Arsenal unto victory...

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Um, we usually do one line each when doing a chant or song in a quote tower. :wink:

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

I always knew the last two lines as
Of went a van with Arsenal in it
They took the shelf in half a minute

That’s my inner herd coming out :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:21 am
I always knew the last two lines as
Of went a van with Arsenal in it
They took the shelf in half a minute

That’s my inner herd coming out :D
I heard another version of it in the NB back in the 90s (I think) that went:

Singing:
"My old man said be a tottnumb fan, I said..."

Chanted:
"Fuck off you cùnt"

:D

augie

Post by augie »

I said to him at half-time "Arteta's in game management is non-existent, so I suspect you will get in the game more as it goes on." I wasn't wrong. Very disappointed by the last 20 mins of the game, as it made them look better than they were. We should have gone for six, to be honest. Granted, we didn't need to do anything in the second half, but we let them back into it a bit more than needed.

To be 3 up at home against your scum neighbours and then to go all negative and end up with a keeper, 6 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders on the pitch is pub team tactics with all out panic :roll:

I'm gonna ask a question that I will probably see me fleeced for asking, but I'll ask it anyways ....... should ramsdale not have done better for their goal ? I know for an absolute certainty that if leno had of got his hands to it like ramsdale did he would have been rightly slated for having butter wrists, so is ramsdale judged on a different scale ? Without doubt the unbelievable save ramsdale made would have been a goal if leno was the keeper simply cos leno lacks ramsdale's size, but I would still question ramsdale on their goal

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:45 am

To be 3 up at home against your scum neighbours and then to go all negative and end up with a keeper, 6 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders on the pitch is pub team tactics with all out panic :roll:

I'm gonna ask a question that I will probably see me fleeced for asking, but I'll ask it anyways ....... should ramsdale not have done better for their goal ? I know for an absolute certainty that if leno had of got his hands to it like ramsdale did he would have been rightly slated for having butter wrists, so is ramsdale judged on a different scale ? Without doubt the unbelievable save ramsdale made would have been a goal if leno was the keeper simply cos leno lacks ramsdale's size, but I would still question ramsdale on their goal
Here's the difference augster.... Ramsdale has had one incident of ponce wrist syndrome. Butter Wrists has had about 300. Every keeper makes mistakes. The best keepers make less mistakes. There's no guarantee that Ramsdale won't make as many mistakes as Butter Wrists has when he's played as many games, but there is no point slating the lad until he has done that and deserved it.

Overall Ramsdale looks the better keeper so far.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Far better teams have taken the foot off the peddle after getting an healthy lead in the first half. As much as we would like to hammer the scum, it would have been stupid to continue playing the same way in the second half. It was not like we had our backs to the wall throughout the second half, we were fairly comfortable till they scored. The defensive substitutions were after the 80th minute so it was not like we were shutting up shop too early.

F*cking hell, some people are hard to please :twisted: :D .

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The one thing I will say about that Augster is that in an interview with him done after the match he speaks about being pissed off about not saving it and bemoans his body position not being further forward so as to get a stronger hand on it. Worth a watch if you can ignore Seaman's constant inane fucking laughing :banghead:

[url]tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxXsGdfez50[/url]

We were the last two on here bigging up Leno (amongst the hysterical Emi fan boys :wink: ) but his form has absolutely fucking tanked in the last 12 months to a point where his goose is now cooked at the club. I've been very impressed by Ramsdale so far, commands his box well, good in the air, good distribution and he also looks to have a brilliant attitude compared to how passive Leno can be.

Leno gives our defenders the shits with the ball at his feet and you can see already in the few games Ramsdale has been in that they seem a lot more confident having a commanding keeper behind them rather than a shrinking violet.

Long may it fucking continue and it's great to see how warmly he speaks about the club and how buzzing he is about winning.....like the rest of us :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:35 am
Far better teams have taken the foot off the peddle after getting an healthy lead in the first half. As much as we would like to hammer the scum, it would have been stupid to continue playing the same way in the second half. It was not like we had our backs to the wall throughout the second half, we were fairly comfortable till they scored. The defensive substitutions were after the 80th minute so it was not like we were shutting up shop too early.

With all due respect buddy I'll never agree with that bit in red. To me it's always better to destroy a team that's there to be destroyed. It builds confidence and a winning mindset in the players.

If it was a tighter game or we had match fatigue concerns or injuries then yeah sure it would make sense to sit back to some degree. But we had none of that on Sunday. For me, it was Martinez-Lite again putting his ego before the good of the team and trying to show how clever he is - and impress his hero Pep! :lol:

Also we started to sit back with about 20 minutes to go, before the late subs came on.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:10 am
The one thing I will say about that Augster is that in an interview with him done after the match he speaks about being pissed off about not saving it and bemoans his body position not being further forward so as to get a stronger hand on it. Worth a watch if you can ignore Seaman's constant inane fucking laughing :banghead:

We were the last two on here bigging up Leno (amongst the hysterical Emi fan boys :wink: ) but his form has absolutely fucking tanked in the last 12 months to a point where his goose is now cooked at the club. I've been very impressed by Ramsdale so far, commands his box well, good in the air, good distribution and he also looks to have a brilliant attitude compared to how passive Leno can be.

Leno gives our defenders the shits with the ball at his feet and you can see already in the few games Ramsdale has been in that they seem a lot more confident having a commanding keeper behind them rather than a shrinking violet.

Long may it fucking continue and it's great to see how warmly he speaks about the club and how buzzing he is about winning.....like the rest of us :barscarf:
"Hysterical Emi fanboys..." From an hysterical Butter Wrists fanboy.... :lol: :wink:

That's kind of like saying it's better to be an hysterical Milli Vanilli fanboy than an hysterical Metallica fanboy.... :lol: :wink:

Also, what he fuck is up with Seamo? Best keeper we ever had but he really comes across as thick as shite. My missus calls him The Himbo. :lol: :oops: :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:

That Leno change should have been done much earlier.....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:45 am

possibly but Son really struck that ball, Ramsdale got a hand on it but it was hit with too much force...would be over critical to blame him IMO

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:35 am

Exactly...fuck it lets get behind the team...great performance

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:26 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:23 pm

my old man said be a tottenham fan..........
I said fuck off bollocks you're a cùnt! :barscarf:
knew that was coming :D :D :D

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:

I agree with all that, and especially the highlighted parts.

My (slight) issue that I have on the goal is not so much slating ramsdale cos any keeper can make a mistake, but it is more to do with the comments at leno on here even since Sunday calling him butter wrists, and amuses me cos after the scum goal on sunday it is the one time where the focus should have been off leno imo (I blame the midget mod :wink: ). I do accept DB10's suggestion that leno has had more than an acceptable amount of similar mistakes, and I also bemoan the fact that we didnt sell him this past off season.
I do disagree with the suggestion that he is good with the ball at his feet - at one stage on Sunday I thought I was watching ronan o'gara kicking one of those egg shaped balls cos it seemed to be "finding touch" a bit too often, plus I thought that the pass to the c.unt in midfield (which led to a goal mind you), was very leno-esque in terms of risk and the lack of pace on the pass