Brighton Bawbags A Sat 2nd Oct KO 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Brighton Bawbags A Sat 2nd Oct KO 530pm

Post by Nos89 »

Given where we are in "the process" I e. The very beginning of a new team, I'm satisfied with that draw.
It's a game over the last few years we would have lost. Especially, when the opposition has been at it. Extra motivated at being beaten twice by us last year.
Looks like the players have been over doing it in training, and that's down to the manager.
The moment Ramsdale dived to make an interception, rather than a save, earned us the point. Leno would never have dived to intercept that and maupay would have got the winner in 83rd minute.
Yes, some bang average performance's but we didn't lose away against a team currently in 5th.
The team is building momentum. Lokonga proved (again) we didn't miss xhaka and made some significant defensive contributions.
A below par performance and we didn't lose. Plenty of work to do, but don't waste it all in training.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The reason we didn't lose actually had nothing to do with us. We didn't lose because they squandered about half a dozen gilt edged chances. We were what we normally are..... a CRAP team with a few good players.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:45 pm
Xhaka is the worst player at Arsenal, bar none. He might even be the worst player we have ever had. He offers nothing, absolutely nothing. If he is not slowing down an attack or giving away free kicks with mindless, lunging tackles, he's not doing anything (Pointing doesn't count) That is why when he gets sent off, nothing on the field actually changes. For either side.
This 100% ^^^. He is the worst Arsenal player I've ever seen. Certainly the most stupid one. I'm always amazed at how much better he gets when he's not playing! :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:24 am
The reason we didn't lose actually had nothing to do with us. We didn't lose because they squandered about half a dozen gilt edged chances. We were what we normally are..... a CRAP team with a few good players.
I think that's an accurate assertion. Brighton worked hard and put our effort to shame but they were awful in the final third. If they'd had a finisher up front or CHs that didn't head wide when unchallenged from 6 yards they'd have won two or three nil easily.

A good team doesn't have to have world class footballers in every position, but it does have to have good players mixed in with a few top players and a system or style of play that gets the best from all the players - where everyone knows their job.

Our problem is we have a few too many poor quality players mixed in with our few top players in a rudderless team managed by a novice who does not have the experience or knowledge to get the best from his players. A better more experienced manager would get more from this team. How much more is open to debate of course, but you'd have to think it'd be a noticeable amount.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Very predictable really. Arteta had no answer to their press, there is no plan B. Just like Wenger, he has one way of playing, only it’s defensive and boring to watch most of the time.
ESR is 10 times the player through the middle yet because Ohdeargod is his favourite, he’ll keep ESR on the wing. As others have said, how many times do you need to see Pepe do fuck all? Martinelli has 1 bad game and you don’t see him again for 6-10 games FFS!
The main issue is, and always will be, a poor manager.

Midz

Post by Midz »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:24 am
I think the same, you're spot on with this assessment.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I didn't see much of the game yesterday but from the bits I did see and then MOTD it looked like it was back to business as usual under Captain Black.

The thing is had the scum actually turned up and given us a game and we had still won by the same goal margin I might have been more convinced that with our strongest eleven on the pitch we stood a chance of improving from our most disastrous start to a season in years and years. But, from the little I did observe from yesterdays game we looked tame and without any real penetration up front, the defence also need some serious coaching in communication and how to hold their lines and close the spaces.

Having made such a poor start to the season, psychologically it must have been a relatively easy preparation for the scum game: "Okay lads this is our worst start in 30+ years? We can turn it all around with this win against our greatest rivals blah blah blah" - The fact that the scum didn't turn up just made it all the more easy to make it appear that with our (supposedly) strongest team on the pitch/bench - We were 'Back in Business'.

Truth is we are nowhere near being top six material and as some have rightly pointed out, we won't get relegated because there are far weaker teams (at least 12) than us, with poor managers.

I just thought having watched some of yesterdays game, we are still a mess and this is 99% down to the manager. Odegaard strikes me as having skills but something of a luxury player when the right manager knows when and how to use him correctly. ESR is a better option through the middle and not exiled out on the flanks.

Had he brought on both Lacazette AND Martinelli yesterday - we might have robbed a win.

We will Not improve to the level that is needed to finish top 6 or even perhaps top 8 whilst Captain Black is at the helm. His tactics are seriously flawed, the flow of play from back to mid-field and then attack is dis-jointed and just looks a mess. This is further seriously hampered by his continued selection of very bad players and his constant tinkering of the line-up (even allowing for injuries) is obviously not working even to anyone with half a brain cell.

The kroenke's made an easy, cheap and lazy decision in appointing him ; along with Edu and Vinai. They now need to make a Brave and Honest decision. I know it won't happen this season, but sack those three, spend some serious money which I doubt is in their thoughts or business plans for Arsenal FC. Otherwise the age of any proper and prolonged success for THE Arsenal is as dead as the Dodo.

What really pisses me off is that that one good performance against the scum and all the fucktards are saying "give him time", "be patient" :blah: :blah: :blah:

NO! He Needs to GO! ASAP.

:goingtobed:

treygoony

Post by treygoony »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:44 am
Very predictable really. Arteta had no answer to their press, there is no plan B. Just like Wenger, he has one way of playing, only it’s defensive and boring to watch most of the time.
ESR is 10 times the player through the middle yet because Ohdeargod is his favourite, he’ll keep ESR on the wing. As others have said, how many times do you need to see Pepe do fuck all? Martinelli has 1 bad game and you don’t see him again for 6-10 games FFS!
The main issue is, and always will be, a poor manager.
Couldn't agree more to be honest. The way Martinelli has been shunned from the squad has been ridiculous but like you said he still continues to start players week in week out that do absolutely nothing. Clueless manager with no style of play.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:50 pm
this is our level. holding out and countering against a bunch of journeyman who cost less than our centre backs, and hanging on at the end. A sad reality, and i love for the twats who said we are so negative on here after the spurs game, to counter today.

awful, but at least we didnt lose, so easily could. No one in the team can take control and calm it down, Partey should but i think he realizes what a mistake hes made leaving Athletico as when he first turned up he looked the dominating presence we needed.

PEA was poor, Tomi struggled for some reason, Tienrey's form is very worrying, he looks to have regressed badly, Sambi tried but doesnt seem to sort to take a game by the scruff of its neck, Vanilla Odegaard was anonymous. Its these games he should be winning for us. ESR was by far our best and should/could have won it for us had he shot across goal not near post. I thought Saka was poor for once and should have been hooked, but Arteta's in game management is nil. Zilch squat. he did nothing to change things than inexplicably bringing Pepe on who offered naff all and is rapidly becoming my most hated player after clive. He just seems to not give a fuck, or try and be utterly brain dead. It was crying out for martinelli for Saka after 55 mins and we could do worse than resigning a fit jack as hes a better option than most on out bench.

disappointing and now another fucking interlul ffs. Who are england playing some goat farmers from a country that shouldnt exist?

such a boring non encouraging performance once again, against a team who will be midtable bottom half. as will we under Arteta.
Sort of agree with most of that....with this current team this is our level....think some credit to Brighton who were well organised and put in a great effort...their pressing and agressive tackling in the middle gave us no chance to build anything
That was mostly to do with our poor passing inabilty to hold the ball and giving away possession so easily
Odergaard is a mystery...half decent one week then disappears...thought £40 million was way too much for him and stand by that
Auba has just lost it, Partey so sloppy with his passing....
As for £72 million Pepe....can only laugh how that happened...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:27 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:20 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:18 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:15 pm
Its like a cup final to these fuckers
You cannot begrudge them this...they have worked their bollocks off. We cannot expect teams to just roll over because Arsenal are in town. Especially Arteta's Arsenal.
true they deserve a draw...think we had better chances to win it....think they were over physical...too many passengers in our team tonight...cant do that against a team working like that
The reality is we do not like teams coming hard at us, relentlessly shutting us down and closing the spaces. As Rodders said, we just don't fancy it....so we get loads of these half arsed, lazy, indifferent performances. We are actually flat track bullies....
This is part of the modern game....the way to counter the press is to keep keep the ball by passing quickly and acurately....our passing was diabolical...we helped them so much...and when on a couple of occasions we looked like breaking they fouled us
Auba couldnt keep the ball.....Arteta should know what to expect
Brighton had clear tactics and carried them out well...targeting both fullbacks over the 2 halfs.....
we seemed totally unprepared....Partey was diabolical in the middle
Fucking Odergaard was he playing, didnt notice him?
Badly prepared, no visible plan to counter Brighton....some players just not bothered....and others really trying

This is where we are and it aint changing any time soon...so pleased with last weeks win and we got a point yesteday :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:01 am
xisstential wrote:
Xhaka is the worst player at Arsenal, bar none. He might even be the worst player we have ever had. He offers nothing, absolutely nothing. If he is not slowing down an attack or giving away free kicks with mindless, lunging tackles, he's not doing anything (Pointing doesn't count) That is why when he gets sent off, nothing on the field actually changes. For either side.
This 100% ^^^. He is the worst Arsenal player I've ever seen. Certainly the most stupid one. I'm always amazed at how much better he gets when he's not playing! :roll:
Sorry lads, he's not, he's a scape goat for all our crapness, he was in the spuds game, we won and were excellent in the first half, he didn't play yesterday and we were shite, lakonga looks very average and his shooting is on a par with parteys who is useless, I don't think I've seen an arsenal player fuck up so many five yard passes as him.

Going back to lakonga there was a rare moment we out numbered them in a promising attack, he had two or three simple options in front of him to put one of our forwards in a great position, instead he shoots wildly from 30 yards, a wasted rare chance, had xhaka had the ball he would have played the pass and I don't care what anyone says, he is one of the best passeers of the ball at Arsenal.

Go easy on me guys, I'm very fragile :cry: :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Not sure how anyone can defend him....hes not a footballer...would have been better stacking shelves

He does nothing positive in any game i have seen, his tricks of falling over when hes about to be tackled or putting in a foul or getting sent off to show hes a leader

Hes the worst player for the Arsenal i have seen in over 40 years....

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:09 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Sorry lads, he's not, he's a scape goat for all our crapness, he was in the spuds game, we won and were excellent in the first half, he didn't play yesterday and we were shite, lakonga looks very average and his shooting is on a par with parteys who is useless, I don't think I've seen an arsenal player fuck up so many five yard passes as him.

Going back to lakonga there was a rare moment we out numbered them in a promising attack, he had two or three simple options in front of him to put one of our forwards in a great position, instead he shoots wildly from 30 yards, a wasted rare chance, had xhaka had the ball he would have played the pass and I don't care what anyone says, he is one of the best passeers of the ball at Arsenal.

I completely agree about Partey and I said towards the end of last season he is even more of a liability than Xhaka. Folds under the slightest pressure, crap passing and abysmal shooting. Had the odd half decent game but let’s face facts….he’s an expensive dud. Hoped a run of games would do him some good but he was fucking hopeless last night. In my view the worst player out there

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Worse than Aubameyang ? I have my doubts

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:31 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:09 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
xisstential wrote:

I completely agree about Partey and I said towards the end of last season he is even more of a liability than Xhaka. Folds under the slightest pressure, crap passing and abysmal shooting. Had the odd half decent game but let’s face facts….he’s an expensive dud. Hoped a run of games would do him some good but he was fucking hopeless last night. In my view the worst player out there
Alongside Auba who was also crap