Brighton Bawbags A Sat 2nd Oct KO 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Brighton Bawbags A Sat 2nd Oct KO 530pm

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

begeegs wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:43 pm
Gabriel, Ramsdale and Smith-Rowe had good games and that's about it.

We tried to play out, but couldn't string more than a couple of passes together.

I am thinking that Partey could be a tad overrated.
Xhaka is way better than partey and I'm not kidding :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

begeegs wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:44 pm
And Pepe is shite. Sell him while he still may have some value. He isn't ever going to come good.
This ^^^ 8)

Peepee is a pub baller. Will be mostly shit and then pull out a cracker of a goal or two then back to shit for game after game. Should not be in the PL.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

this is our level. holding out and countering against a bunch of journeyman who cost less than our centre backs, and hanging on at the end. A sad reality, and i love for the twats who said we are so negative on here after the spurs game, to counter today.

awful, but at least we didnt lose, so easily could. No one in the team can take control and calm it down, Partey should but i think he realizes what a mistake hes made leaving Athletico as when he first turned up he looked the dominating presence we needed.

PEA was poor, Tomi struggled for some reason, Tienrey's form is very worrying, he looks to have regressed badly, Sambi tried but doesnt seem to sort to take a game by the scruff of its neck, Vanilla Odegaard was anonymous. Its these games he should be winning for us. ESR was by far our best and should/could have won it for us had he shot across goal not near post. I thought Saka was poor for once and should have been hooked, but Arteta's in game management is nil. Zilch squat. he did nothing to change things than inexplicably bringing Pepe on who offered naff all and is rapidly becoming my most hated player after clive. He just seems to not give a fuck, or try and be utterly brain dead. It was crying out for martinelli for Saka after 55 mins and we could do worse than resigning a fit jack as hes a better option than most on out bench.

disappointing and now another fucking interlul ffs. Who are england playing some goat farmers from a country that shouldnt exist?

such a boring non encouraging performance once again, against a team who will be midtable bottom half. as will we under Arteta.
Last edited by the playing mantis on Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:49 pm
begeegs wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:43 pm
Gabriel, Ramsdale and Smith-Rowe had good games and that's about it.

We tried to play out, but couldn't string more than a couple of passes together.

I am thinking that Partey could be a tad overrated.
Maybe as a technical player. Maybe. But on a football pitch Clive will cost you every time because he's a complete moron. All things equal I'd still have ANY player at Arsenal in there ahead of Clive.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

DB10GOONER wrote:
begeegs wrote:
And Pepe is shite. Sell him while he still may have some value. He isn't ever going to come good.
This ^^^ 8)

Peepee is a pub baller. Will be mostly shit and then pull out a cracker of a goal or two then back to shit for game after game. Should not be in the PL.
I can't believe that we bought him and not Zaha who was cheaper. Smells like corruption to me.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

begeegs wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:52 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
begeegs wrote:
This ^^^ 8)

I can't believe that we bought him and not Zaha who was cheaper. Smells like corruption to me.
it was. the only thing i hope is th 72m is heavily target based none of which he or us will reach and that the upfront cost was low!

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:

I think so too, sadly. Today Partey looked about as mobile as Xhaka.

Hopefully Partey is still trying to get match fit and will get better. I sure hope so anyway.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

begeegs wrote:

Alas! You speak the Truth.

How on earth we bought him instead of Zaha - Everyone knows Emery wanted Zaha.... Pepe reminds me of one of those Dozy people who walks around in a daze all the time...

Pepe trying to mark that Brighton defender at corners tonight was laughable...pepe the walking cocktail stick... :roll:

Can't ever beat his man..a one trick pony; cutting inside to try and shoot with his left foot Sell him at the next opportunity.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:27 pm
Down to earth with a bang however we didn't lose so i guess that is one thing, immaterial of the Sunday league hardmen, those conditions were horrendous at times and wont have helped but Arteta is still a deer in the headlights when it comes to making changes to affect a game. PEA was crap first half and should never have come out for the second, Pepe being brought on for anyone is never an answer either.

Generally everyone of them were off the pace today, misplaced passes, dwelling on the ball, reluctant to shoot (Partey being the acception and the only one who should actually not be allowed to ever), how a team can go from the performance in the first half against the Scum to that performance i do not know but it is not only Arteta who needs to look at himself, individually especially in the first 45mins there were some woeful performances especially considering it was almost the exact same team as last week.
when pepe came on all hope of a win disappeared....

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:57 pm
begeegs wrote:

Alas! You speak the Truth.

How on earth we bought him instead of Zaha - Everyone knows Emery wanted Zaha.... Pepe reminds me of one of those Dozy people who walks around in a daze all the time...

Pepe trying to mark that Brighton defender at corners tonight was laughable...pepe the walking cocktail stick... :roll:

Can't ever beat his man..a one trick pony; cutting inside to try and shoot with his left foot Sell him at the next opportunity.
He does look like he took a bong rip before he comes out and plays like it too. His 'tricks' rarely fool anyone even a lumbering left back from Brighton.

Zaha is miles better.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Ronnie Biggs worked on the Pepe deal.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Xhaka is the worst player at Arsenal, bar none. He might even be the worst player we have ever had. He offers nothing, absolutely nothing. If he is not slowing down an attack or giving away free kicks with mindless, lunging tackles, he's not doing anything (Pointing doesn't count) That is why when he gets sent off, nothing on the field actually changes. For either side.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Too many games under Arteta have been like this one - its like a return to the days of George's 1995 robots in midfield

Utterly tedious. I can spot in the first five minutes when its going to be another one of those type of Arteta games

If our play had been any slower we'd have back in the 1880s

So dull to watch- 5 goals scored and can't spot where the next one is coming from

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

Yep some so called fans would do well to listen to this. Well said Glenn

https://twitter.com/ddoublepivot/status ... 63110?s=21

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:22 pm
We got lucky. Brighton pissed all over us but couldn't finish. We couldn't even get started. Back to earth with a bang!

Tbh I couldnt and cant understand where this new found belief and hype is coming from - yes we beat a shite scum team and that will ALWAYS have value for us all, but did any of our victories come against a good team ? Beating norwich, burnley, baggies reserves and wimbledon is hardly the type of run that gets the heart racing, yet we have been talked up on here and in the media all week as having turned the corner and being a strong team again :roll:

I havent actually seen the game. I heard the result and heard that we played shit, but as steve O says, it is more of the same so not worth getting flustered about