Brighton Bawbags A Sat 2nd Oct KO 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Brighton Bawbags A Sat 2nd Oct KO 530pm

Post by xisstential »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:31 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:09 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:01 am
xisstential wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:45 pm
Xhaka is the worst player at Arsenal, bar none. He might even be the worst player we have ever had. He offers nothing, absolutely nothing. If he is not slowing down an attack or giving away free kicks with mindless, lunging tackles, he's not doing anything (Pointing doesn't count) That is why when he gets sent off, nothing on the field actually changes. For either side.
This 100% ^^^. He is the worst Arsenal player I've ever seen. Certainly the most stupid one. I'm always amazed at how much better he gets when he's not playing! :roll:
Sorry lads, he's not, he's a scape goat for all our crapness, he was in the spuds game, we won and were excellent in the first half, he didn't play yesterday and we were shite, lakonga looks very average and his shooting is on a par with parteys who is useless, I don't think I've seen an arsenal player fuck up so many five yard passes as him.

Going back to lakonga there was a rare moment we out numbered them in a promising attack, he had two or three simple options in front of him to put one of our forwards in a great position, instead he shoots wildly from 30 yards, a wasted rare chance, had xhaka had the ball he would have played the pass and I don't care what anyone says, he is one of the best passeers of the ball at Arsenal.

Go easy on me guys, I'm very fragile :cry: :lol:
I completely agree about Partey and I said towards the end of last season he is even more of a liability than Xhaka. Folds under the slightest pressure, crap passing and abysmal shooting. Had the odd half decent game but let’s face facts….he’s an expensive dud. Hoped a run of games would do him some good but he was fucking hopeless last night. In my view the worst player out there
Yes, because Xhaka wasn't playing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tbf, we can run off a fairly long list of sub standard players but IMO Xhaka is the worst. Odegaard was a waste of money...he is an older ESR and again, IMO, not as good. But, as been pointed out by many on here, an Arteta favourite. Pepe, Partey...another two who shouldn't be there. What always enrages me is that every season, instead of offloading all the crap, we add to it, and lucrative new contracts for the one's we were hoping to see the back of........ :banghead: :banghead:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:11 pm

Tbf, we can run off a fairly long list of sub standard players but IMO Xhaka is the worst. Odegaard was a waste of money...he is an older ESR and again, IMO, not as good. But, as been pointed out by many on here, an Arteta favourite. Pepe, Partey...another two who shouldn't be there. What always enrages me is that every season, instead of offloading all the crap, we add to it, and lucrative new contracts for the one's we were hoping to see the back of........ :banghead: :banghead:
Tierney aside, it is hard to think of any recent signing who has done well over a period of time. Gabriel hasn’t played enough and Ramsdale has come in and looks good, but it is early days. But the money spent on Pepe and Partey looks wasted, and Odegaard is not as good as what Arsenal already have.

When Aubamayang and Pepe head off to Africa in the new year, Lacazette will effectively be the only striker assuming he hasn’t signed for someone else.

Midz

Post by Midz »

arrgee wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:29 pm
xisstential wrote:

Tierney aside, it is hard to think of any recent signing who has done well over a period of time. Gabriel hasn’t played enough and Ramsdale has come in and looks good, but it is early days. But the money spent on Pepe and Partey looks wasted, and Odegaard is not as good as what Arsenal already have.

When Aubamayang and Pepe head off to Africa in the new year, Lacazette will effectively be the only striker assuming he hasn’t signed for someone else.
Well Aubameyang and Pepe are both total shite so they won't be missed and Lacazette is here one day and gone tomorrow (basically shit as well) so don't worry, we'll cope without them.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Gabriel apparently lost two teeth yesterday, the Arsenal staff searched for them after the game but could not find them :shock:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Midz wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:53 pm
arrgee wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:29 pm
xisstential wrote:

Well Aubameyang and Pepe are both total shite so they won't be missed and Lacazette is here one day and gone tomorrow (basically shit as well) so don't worry, we'll cope without them.
Auba is not shit ffs, yes he has had a dodgy time lately but he has had malaria and then recently covid.

He has carried this team for years, fuckin carried it on his own.

Pepe yes is shit and the only thing he should be carrying is a hod on a building site.

Midz

Post by Midz »

If Pepe was carrying a hod he'd get 3/4 of the way up the ladder and the bricks would fall off.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:18 pm
If Pepe was carrying a hod he'd get 3/4 of the way up the ladder and the bricks would fall off.
He'd arrive at the ladder having forgotten the bricks.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

We were a bit tollies yesterday..If Leno had played we would've lost ditto the Basel bulge.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

The difference between us and Brighton was the managers

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Thomas Partey has attempted 30 shots from outside the box for Arsenal in the Premier League with just four of them on target.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:42 am
Thomas Partey has attempted 30 shots from outside the box for Arsenal in the Premier League with just four of them on target.
That's bullshit! :banghead: :roll:

I think only two were on target... :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:

That reminds me of a funny/ridiculous quote from a manager of a League of Ireland U-17 club manager recently - let me prefice this buy stating that the league of Ireland is the highest club level over here in Ireland, and all managers must have high level uefa coaching badges.

Anyway this manager's team had lost the previous game 5-1 and two days later when doing the video analysis the manager told his players that all the opposition goals came from outside the penalty area (reality is that only 2 did), and on another day those shots would have hit the corner flag or gone sailing over the crossbar and we would have won 1-0 :roll:

How can a manager at any level come out with dogshite like that ???? :oops: :oops: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:57 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

That reminds me of a funny/ridiculous quote from a manager of a League of Ireland U-17 club manager recently - let me prefice this buy stating that the league of Ireland is complete and utter pubber shit.

Fixed that for ya buddy. :D :wink:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:57 pm

Anyway this manager's team had lost the previous game 5-1 and two days later when doing the video analysis the manager told his players that all the opposition goals came from outside the penalty area (reality is that only 2 did), and on another day those shots would have hit the corner flag or gone sailing over the crossbar and we would have won 1-0 :roll:

How can a manager at any level come out with dogshite like that ???? :oops: :oops: :oops:
I am sure Captain Black is capable of more dogsh!te than that. In fact, he has surpassed that with his best fortnight after losing the first three games. Yes, Arsenal didn’t play, no wonder it was so good for him :rubchin:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
I don't understand why all of his shots just go to the upper tier of the stadiums; surely you cannot be hitting with pure power and no precision after you've 2-3-4-5 the previous to the moon? Don't understand if he doesn't adjust or that's how he shoots; fucking awfully.

Reminds me of Rodri from City, yet to see him shoot one on target when I watch them - on the other hand you have Kante/Neves/VdB that shoot some beauties from distance.