Palarseholes H Mon 18th Oct KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Palarseholes H Mon 18th Oct KO 8pm

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:45 pm
Tonight has finally convinced me how completely fucking out of his depth Arteta really is.

We might have the odd game where we look quite good, but ultimately we will never get anywhere whilst he remains in charge.

If we lose tonight then for me this is a new low.
We are now officially a lower mid table side.
Thats what we are...just banging your headagainst a wall if you think otherwise

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:42 pm
I still think we play better with Laca as the focal point and the youngsters around him, i know Auba got a goal tonight but we just do not play the fast attacking football that he thrives on. :rubchin:
yes can agree with your thinking....Auba is not a target man...he cannot play back to goal and winning headers...he needs forward passes to run onto

Laca can hold the ball up...and in these games you need a chance for the midfield to support

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:29 am
My team selection for Friday would be
Pepe not in squad
Ohdeargawd on bench
ESR in a proper 10 position
Martinelli playing

Sorted.
Martinelli....who the fuck is that?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

When it comes to the league this squad of players seem to bottle it every time they can get in a decent league position. They did it under Emery and now under Arteta. For some reason they just can't get up the table. Vieira has benefited from learning his trade and forming his style at other clubs. Arteta hasn't done that and we are paying for it as a club. Arteta dis recognise our two worst performers on the night by substituting them. He got that right. But why not get the team performing on the front foot? Who tells the players to put the handbreak on?
We do operate better with Auba and Lacazette on the pitch. But is he going to drop the £40m player from Real Madrid or the kid who came up through the ranks? When really its the £72m winger who struggles, but he wasn't the worse player on the pitch. We play better as 4-2-3-1 formation. Why change to a 4-1-2-3? Leaves too many gaps in the middle.
It seems to me the players are being worked too hard in training. Something needs to change. I said that if we are mid table, and not in the top7 after 10 games the club must change the manager. Villa is a huge game for Arteta.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Hes wasted 40m on odegaard he has to play him to justify himself. its almost a worse signing than Pepe.
Pepe 72m fee is likely nowhere near that factoring in the conditions we hopefully applied to it.
Pepe is occasionally brilliant and i think there's player in there if he could be coached. Odegaard is just meh and always will be. complete waste of money as is worse than ESR and done nothing to justify it. 40m on someone whos played less than a dozen times for madrid, had a decent solid season at sociedad. we have to hope some Spanish team will take him back in a couple of years at half the price.

we have spent 90m on him and white and neither has improved our first xi. jury still out on white but i'm not optimistic.

Almunias_right_glove

Post by Almunias_right_glove »

Palarseholes. Wow. Bet who came up with that sniggers about boobs and boogers as well. Grow up.

Anyway, shit game. Didn’t deserve a draw but snatched one anyway. Can’t see us improving on 8th this season and then the Newcastle money bags will be in for any player with the slightest hint of talent such as Saka and Smith Rowe.
Now we know how Everton felt all these years.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Almunias_right_glove wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:48 pm
Palarseholes. Wow. Bet who came up with that sniggers about boobs and boogers as well. Grow up.

Anyway, shit game. Didn’t deserve a draw but snatched one anyway. Can’t see us improving on 8th this season and then the Newcastle money bags will be in for any player with the slightest hint of talent such as Saka and Smith Rowe.
Almunia’s Right Glove. :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Literally never heard such a funny user name. You should go on the comedy circuit. Seriously!
:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:11 pm
Almunias_right_glove wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:48 pm

Almunia’s Right Glove. :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Literally never heard such a funny user name. You should go on the comedy circuit. Seriously!
:wink:
I can only imagine what Almunia the clown used to do with is right hand - when he wasn't flapping at footballs and letting them in. :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:32 pm
Hes wasted 40m on odegaard he has to play him to justify himself. its almost a worse signing than Pepe.
Pepe 72m fee is likely nowhere near that factoring in the conditions we hopefully applied to it.
Pepe is occasionally brilliant and i think there's player in there if he could be coached. Odegaard is just meh and always will be. complete waste of money as is worse than ESR and done nothing to justify it. 40m on someone whos played less than a dozen times for madrid, had a decent solid season at sociedad. we have to hope some Spanish team will take him back in a couple of years at half the price.

we have spent 90m on him and white and neither has improved our first xi. jury still out on white but i'm not optimistic.
Good summary
Yes this is what he should be judged on also his treatment of Martinelli and Saliba...and his total faith in Xakha