Palarseholes H Mon 18th Oct KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Palarseholes H Mon 18th Oct KO 8pm

Post by rodders999 »

There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that those players have it drilled in to them that if there’s a 30% chance of finding a team mate with a forward pass or a 70% chance with a sideways/backwards pass then take the safer option.

In the last 5 minutes and Palace camped we just continued to play sideways and backwards in front of them, complete risk averse football even when a goal down and supposedly chasing the game! Fucking hell the crowd were losing their shit at the sight of that.

Arteta was a bland, safe, average footballer when he played for us and his team as our manager plays in that exact same manner.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:07 pm
He HAS to GO!...No more uhmmimg and arraign...just show the cluelessCUNT the door. :cussing:
He is the current Premier League Manager of the Month

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

My thoughts from the game…

-Keep Pepe as far away from the squad as possible. Horrendous player who also gives KT the shits and turns him into a wreck. KT doesn’t have the confidence to go forward like he does when he plays with Saka in front.
- Oh Dear God. Dreadful.
- Partey. Lazy, sloppy, flash prick. Get rid.
- Tommy. Going backwards fast.
- Ramsdale. Proper.
- White. Looked good from where I was sat.

All it takes is for a side to have one or two dodgy players and it spreads to the side like a disease. Keep Pepe away and we are immeasurably better as a side. He is that bad.

Arteta. As out of his depth as you would be if you went down with the Titanic.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:34 pm
My thoughts from the game…

-Keep Pepe as far away from the squad as possible. Horrendous player who also gives KT the shits and turns him into a wreck. KT doesn’t have the confidence to go forward like he does when he plays with Saka in front.
- Oh Dear God. Dreadful.
- Partey. Lazy, sloppy, flash prick. Get rid.
- Tommy. Going backwards fast.
- Ramsdale. Proper.
- White. Looked good from where I was sat.

All it takes is for a side to have one or two dodgy players and it spreads to the side like a disease. Keep Pepe away and we are immeasurably better as a side. He is that bad.

Arteta. As out of his depth as you would be if you went down with the Titanic.
Yes we were shit but I personally think Pepe did ok tonight.
He set up the first goal for starters. what did anyone else do ?

Partey - agree, but we won’t get anyone better so get used to him.

Tommy - agree. He is not playing at the level of last season

Ramsdale :barscarf:

White - potential, but still a bit raw

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I still think we play better with Laca as the focal point and the youngsters around him, i know Auba got a goal tonight but we just do not play the fast attacking football that he thrives on. :rubchin:

wibble

Post by wibble »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:42 pm
I still think we play better with Laca as the focal point and the youngsters around him, i know Auba got a goal tonight but we just do not play the fast attacking football that he thrives on. :rubchin:
If Saka is out for the villa game I’d like to see auba out wide with laca in the middle, laca definitely links up the play better

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Another absolute borefest- my God this c.unt has long since sacked every ounce of life out of this team

Rescued by Lacazette and Martinelli who showed more in 10 minutes than vanilla Odegaard and two left feet Pepe did all night

As for Partey - he wasn't in my top 10 favourite "partys" and has now been relegated below UKIP and "a chimp's tea". Useless lazy c.unt

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Just seen the challenge on Saka from that sweaty sock c.unt. Absolutely fucking disgraceful. How that is not a straight red is anyone’s guess. Fucking scandalous.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:42 pm
Laca down the middle, Auba left, Saka right, ESR behind the striker. Martinelli can play in any of the positions

Fuck off Pepe - absolutely fucking gash

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Saka is young and getting overplayed . He needs a rest and being kept away from Southgate for a bit.
Martinelli showed more in his 15 minutes. Too many of ours dithering and getting caught in possession.
Lacazette has to start.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

My team selection for Friday would be
Pepe not in squad
Ohdeargawd on bench
ESR in a proper 10 position
Martinelli playing

Sorted.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:10 pm
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:09 pm
Ray C wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:54 pm
1-1. Auba should retire & let Martenelli have a go. Sick of watching the old fella missing chances. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Cough cough :lol:
Splutter splutter :lol:
BTW I was before you :lol:
Best 10 minute performance by the old bloke for the season. That's why he's paid heaps every week ??, when he plays shit. Still prefer Martenelli. Poor game - lucky Arsenal. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:40 pm
WTF!!?? White standing off his man allowed him tohe room and time to shoot AND SCORE!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Yeah Brightons defence dont seem to be missing the £50million pound man :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:25 pm
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:23 pm
I told yoh guys we would miss xhaka I say this not as a wind up buy because I know hw shit,lightweight and naive we are, one thing xhaka does do is link up play, draw fouls and slow the game down when needed.

I did warn you guys we'd miss him, that's how shit we are :roll:
No mate. No. We'd honestly be two or three down with that walking head wound in there tonight.
And we're down, mate your argument is not really valid, I'm saying we'd miss him when he was suspended and its proving so, you cant really argue that we'd be worse off when we were winning and now are losing.
Winning? A couple of wins against relegation fodder and a twenty minute blitz against a shit scum side. Clive contributed next to nothing in those games bar pointing and pissing possession away. Wether he was out there or not tonight we have been poor all over the pitch. We'd just be poorer with him.

We don't miss him. We are a poor team managed by a novice. We miss an experienced manager and a couple of better players.
Actually I was stating winning g in this game and now losing, xhaka would have slowed the game down while we were winning and getting fouls etc, it works for us. Hope that's sorted ot out :lol:
he was shit against scum...should have been sent off...total fraud

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:10 am
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:25 pm

No mate. No. We'd honestly be two or three down with that walking head wound in there tonight.
And we're down, mate your argument is not really valid, I'm saying we'd miss him when he was suspended and its proving so, you cant really argue that we'd be worse off when we were winning and now are losing.
Winning? A couple of wins against relegation fodder and a twenty minute blitz against a shit scum side. Clive contributed next to nothing in those games bar pointing and pissing possession away. Wether he was out there or not tonight we have been poor all over the pitch. We'd just be poorer with him.

We don't miss him. We are a poor team managed by a novice. We miss an experienced manager and a couple of better players.
Actually I was stating winning g in this game and now losing, xhaka would have slowed the game down while we were winning and getting fouls etc, it works for us. Hope that's sorted ot out :lol:
he was shit against scum, literally did fuck all...should have been sent off...total fraud