Newcastle United FC about to join the big time

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Newcastle United FC about to join the big timer

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:59 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:36 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:48 pm
Gunnerz4life wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:02 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:45 am

The term consortium is a very vaguely used word in the UK media, the reality is the funds are coming from a state backed sovereign wealth fund.

The Saudis are not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, Newcastle at £300m is a snip for a PL club with a big fanbase. They can throw hundreds of millions at the club in the same way as City/Chelski did and get a very good return on their investment.

Thats why Arsenal would never appeal to these people. At £2bn we are pretty much fully valued with no a lot of upside.
This is a state backed takeover, I doubt they care much about getting a return on investment. For Qatar and Abu Dhabi it was all about brand expansion. For the Saudis it is all about image cleansing and brand building. They are just going for the next 'big' club that is available for sale. If Arsenal was put up for sale tomorrow, I am absolutely certain there will be interest from the middle East.
This, 100%. The Consortium couldn't give two shits on ROT at the moment whereas Norway's investment fund actually operates in a sustainable way where they yield the ROT and make better things happen within the country.

MEA-backed funds and consortium are all about brand exposure, attracting avenues for sponsors and opportunities which benefits their State. The Prince can easily dish out 500M on a whole new team and it won't even ring alarm bells for him/them.

People don't realise there is a billionaire rich and then there is Sheikh Mansour, Roman Abramovich and Prince Bin Salman rich. The latter lot won't care much if couple hundred million pound go to waste if it benefits their overall agenda.

Who the fuck cares if they call Arsenal pimped and whatnot, we all would be over the moon to get a takeover like that because it means guaranteed influx of transfers and the club becomes that much more appealing. Lets not all act high and mighty about 'football is ruined bla bla' bullshit. Only moaning because it's not happening to us.
Fuck that. Speak for yourself. I despise this modern mercenary game. Football is fucked. I watch less football now than at any time in my life. The game has become a soft sanitised pc exercise at one end and a fucking hobby for filthy rich gangstas and sheikhs played by rich wannabe rappers at the other and watched by pc obsessed twats that think buying merchandising makes you a superfan.

The fucking Internet has bred this attitude of "we're all the same, we'd all love it if x happened to us". That is sheep mentality. I don't want Arsenal to be some rich murdererous cûnt's plaything, never have, never will, so don't speak for me.

This club used to have a tribal mentality on the NB and the CE and away in England and Europe. Now most of our fans are fucking celebidee obsessed dicktards that have "second clubs" and love "Christiano" because of their need to feel included. You see these cùnts having a laugh after a humiliating defeat or losing a cup final because it means nothing to them.

The game is fucking dead. Fuck it.

EDIT: Not having a dig at you here Rian1, just a rant in general! :wink:
Love the description of the modern game and the fans that follow it :D :D :D
:D :wink:

Unfortunately it's pretty accurate....

rodders999

Re: Newcastle United FC about to join the big time

Post by rodders999 »

Rat face Neville, spit the scouse and all at sky don't seem to be losing their shit over this the same way they were over the super league. Where's the crusade to stop it?, where's all the outrage over greed and clubs just being interested in chasing more and more money and killing the game as we know it in the process gone now?

Oh that's right sky weren't getting the rights to broadcast the super league whereas this take over will put more eyes on the PL "product" so it's good for business :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:30 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:04 pm
Can we please, please get over this morality crusade ? :roll: Fact is lads, that it is too late for that agenda cos there are several clubs already working this way, so it is too late to do anything about it now.

In fairness what should a club like newcastle be expected to do ? Should they just accept being a relegation fighting club every season, or should they pimp themselves out in a bid to bring glory to their fans and a football mad area ? More luck to them I say

Of course it will yet again sneak by that there are currently only 4 clubs in european football with wealthier owners than we do (citeeh obviously, and then salzburg, juve and the chavs) - neither the victims nor manure make the world top 10 of wealthy owners (we are 7th), yet they continue to outperform us. When the talk about conte becoming AFC manager was floated a while back the first thing that was said was that we wouldnt have the resources to attract him - that kind of comment would never be said about the bindippers if they were interested in conte, yet our wealth far exceeds theirs :roll: Of course money is a huge issue in todays football world, but so too is attitude - if we had an owner willing to spend the necessary type of money to compete, then I doubt very much if we would have too many Gooners crying over no morality in football, but because the wiggy c.unt wont spend we expect no-one else to spend either :roll:
Fuck that. There is no morality crusade. Money has fucked the game. Are you implying we shouldn't complain about this shit just because it has happened? Fuck that. :roll:

The modern game is the most boring sanitised corrupt money obsessed shit version of football there has ever been. But hey we should just get over it and accept it because it has happened?

FUCK THAT. :banghead:

That's not exactly what I am saying - what I am saying is that this financially driven game is here to stay whether we like it or not, and ironically enough I believe the best hope for the future of the game is for EVERY CLUB to be taken over like this (not gonna happen I know) cos at least it would bring back in some financial parity and make the league competitive again. What we have now is a league that realistically can only be won by 3 (or at most 4) clubs - you know it and we all know it cos it is something we have all complained about constantly. Takeovers of the geordies and everton can only be good for the league as a whole cos it could make it more competitive - the problem is that for us it means that we are getting further and further behind the competitive clubs. Is this reversal of our fortunes the core issue for Gooners here ? I mean financial imbalance has existed for decades, only now we are seeing it from the perspective of clubs like the shammers and villa who are not contenders and never will be unless their financial situation changes.

Reality is that society not just football, is all about material wealth and bling, and people in real life have less substance and character than 20 years ago, but it is what it is. If we had usmanov as our owner and he was willing to bankroll us to make us competitive, then even if football wasnt as good as in the past, but I think that we might find it slightly more palatable

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Moral outrage aside, who really gives a fuck, football has been dying as a 'Sport' for decades now.

Confirmed cases of corruption at FIFA and UEFA saw individuals lose their positions as opposed to wholesale removal of those at the top, Streaming/Digital platforms pumping more and more money into football to increase their own revenue with not a thought of the effect on grass roots or match going fans, constant rule changes being made in the name of making the game better whereas in reality it is about making it more entertaining, inflating players valuations and wages immaterial of their actual quality, if you are unable to get a season ticket then having to pay multiple subscriptions to different providers to watch your teams whole season etc etc, and in the meantime clubs, leagues, UEFA and FIFA all getting their percentage 'kickbacks', sorry i mean fair share of the revenue generated.

As mentioned above this is one of the reasons i was ambivalent about the whole ESL, it meant the majority of the revenue would go back to the clubs involved rather than all these other groups. Who really cares about promotion and relegation these days, hypocrits pointed to the fact that there would be none in the ESL as if this was somehow a worse form of corruption than already involved in high level football :roll:

I hate the use of the term 'rose-tinted glasses' but in all honesty as far as football as we grew up knowing it, it wasn't really that much better there was just a lot less numbers involved and it was much more subtly applied :rubchin:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I just can't see this takeover having the impact seen at Citeh and the chavs, there are already too many big spenders in the plge, there aren't the quality players out there to fill their squads.
I reckon they'll be a damp squib and their detestable fans will be calling for the board to be sacked after about 2 seasons of failure.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Arsenal's 'head in the sand' approach to the changing landscape of top level football since 2000 in some ways reminds me of Yorkshire County Cricket Club's refusal to revise their policy only to select players born within the county of Yorkshire for about 30 years after they were being left behind by every other county who were attracting the best overseas players in the world like Sobers, Viv and Barry Richards, Proctor, Zaheer, Daniel, Holding and my personal favourite: Sylvester Clarke.

They went from being the most successful side in the country historically to being pretty irrelevant.

In many ways, though, our position is not even comparable on grounds of principles or standards - we are not eschewing filthy rich foreign ownership in favour of continuity from the descendants of the Hill-Woods etc - we sold out to a foreign owner, but not one with either the means or the inclination to compete on the same basis as an increasing number of others.

In other words, we have the absolute worst of both worlds. There is nothing in our atrophy to be remotely proud of.

Redarmy

Re: Newcastle United FC about to join the big timer

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:24 am
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:59 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:36 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:48 pm
Gunnerz4life wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:02 pm

This is a state backed takeover, I doubt they care much about getting a return on investment. For Qatar and Abu Dhabi it was all about brand expansion. For the Saudis it is all about image cleansing and brand building. They are just going for the next 'big' club that is available for sale. If Arsenal was put up for sale tomorrow, I am absolutely certain there will be interest from the middle East.
This, 100%. The Consortium couldn't give two shits on ROT at the moment whereas Norway's investment fund actually operates in a sustainable way where they yield the ROT and make better things happen within the country.

MEA-backed funds and consortium are all about brand exposure, attracting avenues for sponsors and opportunities which benefits their State. The Prince can easily dish out 500M on a whole new team and it won't even ring alarm bells for him/them.

People don't realise there is a billionaire rich and then there is Sheikh Mansour, Roman Abramovich and Prince Bin Salman rich. The latter lot won't care much if couple hundred million pound go to waste if it benefits their overall agenda.

Who the fuck cares if they call Arsenal pimped and whatnot, we all would be over the moon to get a takeover like that because it means guaranteed influx of transfers and the club becomes that much more appealing. Lets not all act high and mighty about 'football is ruined bla bla' bullshit. Only moaning because it's not happening to us.
Fuck that. Speak for yourself. I despise this modern mercenary game. Football is fucked. I watch less football now than at any time in my life. The game has become a soft sanitised pc exercise at one end and a fucking hobby for filthy rich gangstas and sheikhs played by rich wannabe rappers at the other and watched by pc obsessed twats that think buying merchandising makes you a superfan.

The fucking Internet has bred this attitude of "we're all the same, we'd all love it if x happened to us". That is sheep mentality. I don't want Arsenal to be some rich murdererous cûnt's plaything, never have, never will, so don't speak for me.

This club used to have a tribal mentality on the NB and the CE and away in England and Europe. Now most of our fans are fucking celebidee obsessed dicktards that have "second clubs" and love "Christiano" because of their need to feel included. You see these cùnts having a laugh after a humiliating defeat or losing a cup final because it means nothing to them.

The game is fucking dead. Fuck it.

EDIT: Not having a dig at you here Rian1, just a rant in general! :wink:
Love the description of the modern game and the fans that follow it :D :D :D
:D :wink:

Unfortunately it's pretty accurate....
Yes spot on fella

augie

Post by augie »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:16 pm
Arsenal's 'head in the sand' approach to the changing landscape of top level football since 2000 in some ways reminds me of Yorkshire County Cricket Club's refusal to revise their policy only to select players born within the county of Yorkshire for about 30 years after they were being left behind by every other county who were attracting the best overseas players in the world like Sobers, Viv and Barry Richards, Proctor, Zaheer, Daniel, Holding and my personal favourite: Sylvester Clarke.

They went from being the most successful side in the country historically to being pretty irrelevant.

In many ways, though, our position is not even comparable on grounds of principles or standards - we are not eschewing filthy rich foreign ownership in favour of continuity from the descendants of the Hill-Woods etc - we sold out to a foreign owner, but not one with either the means or the inclination to compete on the same basis as an increasing number of others.

In other words, we have the absolute worst of both worlds. There is nothing in our atrophy to be remotely proud of.

Not true - we have the 7th richest owner in world football

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:37 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:16 pm

Not true - we have the 7th richest owner in world football
For anyone who thinks Kroenke isn't stinking rich take a look at this stadium that he put his money towards.

https://www.sofistadium.com/

If he wanted to over 2 summers he could invest £500m in the transfer market net spend, and still have plenty left behind. People don't understand/know about his business interests.

Daniel Ek on the other hand is a pauper by comparison, which I why I have reservations about his interest in Arsenal.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:45 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:53 am
As predicted many moons ago.....this lot would eventually get bought and the inevitability that follows is that they will also be above us

Our days of European football are over until such point as the ownership/ownership strategy changes

Never thought the likes of Villa, Everton and Newcastle could finish above us consistently? Keep watching

Not many more takeovers needed before "we will never get relegated" starts looking like a foolish remark

Hopefully the moral high ground will keep us warm at Luton and Coventry
Let it go mate ffs. :lol: :wink:

It would take at least 15 more takeovers and even then no guarantee we'd ever get relegated. Just throwing money at it doesn't always work. Just ask Boro...... :wink:

And if it got to the point where there was that many pimp takeovers then you can bet your house we'd be one of those pimped taken over clubs.
It’s getting closer by the year I tell you

We’ve got no chance of being a pimped club, as the Red Action mongs will ensure that never happens! Sod off Jabba, Hate Usmanov etc

Much better to be owned by a rich prick who doesn’t invest !!

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

So this Fit and proper test the Premier League does to everyone wanting to buy, anyone else suspect it might be the easiest test in the world to pass?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:13 pm

It’s getting closer by the year I tell you

We’ve got no chance of being a pimped club, as the Red Action mongs will ensure that never happens! Sod off Jabba, Hate Usmanov etc

Much better to be owned by a rich prick who doesn’t invest !!
Yes those pricks really didn't have a clue, people out there still pointing out Liverpool as an 'example' of how to win without being pimped, they won a title and a CL sure but I don't see them long term being able to compete with richer clubs, especially now there is a new kid on the block.

We were always going to end up midtable under KSE, I was saying this 10 years ago ffs and I'm no genius, they spent £150M this summer out of desperation to try and push back towards top 4, I can guarantee you (99.9%) that the money came in the form of debt, it was always too little too late after years of neglect from wiggy prick, successive DoF/Technical ringpieces after the senile one ran the squad into the ground, we needed to spend £400M, or actually 'outsmart the market' :roll: rather than drop 'buzzwords' like that fat Spanish prick.

Newcastle will overtake us within 2-3 seasons max and the only good news is that means wiggy prick will continue to lose money and that is our only hope - he gets fed up with losing $$$ and sells up, the best we can really hope for is top 6 and I really can't be f*cked with any of it anymore. The PL is a f*cking joke and we're alsorans.

5 years since I've been to a game and further than ever from thinking about going back!, local football for me tomorrow - £5 to get in and don't have to watch overpaid pricks or put money in the pocket of w@nkers who made their money buying up land, stripping state resources or generally being the lowest level of c*nts on the planet.

:censored: :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

They still ate all the pies.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

What is the fit and proper persons test? Bin Salman is the guy who ordered that poor journalist cut up. There are people in the USA who want to investigate The Saudi governments role in 9/11. There are human rights abuses galore committed by Newcastle's new owners. Can women drive in this country. Newcastle new owners are basically a watered down version of the Taliban. The Saudi's are more despotic than Man Cities owners.

Didnt Bin Laden support us? And after 9/11 we 'banned' him from highbury, mainly as a gesture as the worlds most wanted terrorist couldn't exactly sit in the clock end unnoticed. But now we have owners of premier league clubs who lead governments who would brush up against terrorists and commit atrocities themselves. Its incredible the lack of standards in English football regarding which people can buy into the premier league.

Wont be long now before a drug cartel buys into the league.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Bob Baylis -
There is nothing in our atrophy to be remotely proud of.

Ah but if we have a Trophy it’s all worth it!! 😁🍺😎