Newcastle United FC about to join the big time

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: Newcastle United FC about to join the big timer

Post by nut flush gooner »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:02 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:45 am
Herd wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:21 am
Its a consortium not a single entity ,Saudis are a strange lot and Im surprised it's a consortium as any Saudi worth his salt would buy it individually .
A consortium suggests its children using their pocket money in an ebbsfleet sort of way !
Now some might say it has a royal connection but nearly everyone in Saudi is royal cos they breed like rabbits ....
The term consortium is a very vaguely used word in the UK media, the reality is the funds are coming from a state backed sovereign wealth fund.

The Saudis are not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, Newcastle at £300m is a snip for a PL club with a big fanbase. They can throw hundreds of millions at the club in the same way as City/Chelski did and get a very good return on their investment.

Thats why Arsenal would never appeal to these people. At £2bn we are pretty much fully valued with no a lot of upside.
This is a state backed takeover, I doubt they care much about getting a return on investment. For Qatar and Abu Dhabi it was all about brand expansion. For the Saudis it is all about image cleansing and brand building. They are just going for the next 'big' club that is available for sale. If Arsenal was put up for sale tomorrow, I am absolutely certain there will be interest from the middle East.
Sovereign wealth funds as the name suggests are designed to give returns for the state. Norway amongst other countries has them and uses the money they make to pay for things like infrastructure. Buying a football club for £300m in 2020 is a absolute bargain.

OneBardGooner

Re: Newcastle United FC about to join the big time

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:47 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:05 pm
Another takeover, another load of money being laundered by nasty human rights abusers and more blind eyes turned by the press and footballing authorities. Nobody gives a fuck any more, football is a corrupt joke and stopped being interesting the moment that Russian thug ruined it all by buying the chavs. Bollocks to Newcastle and their fat, deluded, attention-seeking, overly entitled, crying, last-relevant in about 1996 fans. The absolute epitome of the Sky Sports years and now the horrendous, human-rights abuse years.
POST OF THE FUCKING WEEK RIGHT THERE. 8)
100% Agree

They sill hold beheadings fro (royal) dissenters
Hold public Lashings weekly
They still keep women from their true freedom and potential, yet because of their wealth all other countries smile and kowTow to these murdering fuckin' CU.NTS

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I can’t stand this club.

Just when I was starting to hope they might get relegated….

Confirmation though that we will NEVER return to the top table again. There are just too many clubs with much more financial might for us to compete properly.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:01 pm
We should be touting Xhaka, Kolasinac, Leno and Bellerin to them.

People forget how much shite Chelsea and City bought when they were first taken over.
For once the gods rolled us a mother fuckin’ 6 when we bagged 25 million quid of the geordie c.unts for Joe Willock. You couldn’t have scripted that any better with his run of goals at the back end of last season that pressured them into signing him.

Predictably he’s returned to being absolute dog shit this season since signing for them.

25 million fucking quid. I’ll dine out on that one forever :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:20 pm
I can’t stand this club.

Just when I was starting to hope they might get relegated….

Confirmation though that we will NEVER return to the top table again. There are just too many clubs with much more financial might for us to compete properly.
Gone from being the scum of the north to the chavs of the north in about 24 hours. Quite the most toxic and abhorrent of transformations. Jesus Christ, we will never hear the fucking end of this now.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:39 am
Just what the PL needs.... another no mark club pimped to buy success. :roll: :lol:

They are the sperz of the North. :box:
I think you misspelled "Chavs".

In fairness to Spurs, they were a bigger club than Chelsea and had more history before Abramovich arrived. They may be pathetic, but they haven't been pimped to anything like the extent the real scum of London have.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:10 pm
Another takeover, another load of money being laundered by nasty human rights abusers and more blind eyes turned by the press and footballing authorities. Nobody gives a fuck any more, football is a corrupt joke and stopped being interesting the moment that Russian thug ruined it all by buying the chavs. Bollocks to Newcastle and their fat, deluded, attention-seeking, overly entitled, crying, last-relevant in about 1996 fans. The absolute epitome of the Sky Sports years and now the horrendous, human-rights abuse years.

I am in no way suggesting that the walker guy that blackburn was corrupt, but in every other way it was his system that set the premier league down it's current path - he took a small club, ploughed massive money into them, and then fulfilled his dream of seeing them win a premier league title.
I know what you mean, Augie and yes,you're absolutely right. He pumped a fortune into the club, won the league then realised that it would take even bigger investment to keep it going and didn't really have the money to compete with the corporate machine which was Man Utd or the overseas scouting network and new approach to training and diet which we had at the time. The whole Jack Walker years at Blackburn lasted about five years in reality and that was decent if you consider that Newcastle under that John Hall bloke lobbed more money around and won fucking fuck all.
If you look back through the entire history of English football and really, it happens in England first, money has always equalled success and ever since the first days of professional football, the teams with the most money usually won the most trophies. Nothing has changed, it's only the amounts of money which have grown. Look at the earliest successful teams from the north west who were bankrolled by the factory owners or coal mine owners or whatever the fuck they had up there, they won trophies because they had more money and could buy the best players. Nothing's changed, it's just that the amounts of money being chucked around are bigger and the owners made their money from oil or corruption in horrific dictatorships where they stop women from driving cars, kidnapp and imprison their own families, keep slaves, chop off hands, stone people for being gay, murder dissenters in embassies or poison them in foreign cities, bankroll terror organisations and export weaponry to all and sundry rather than from a few miles away where they quite happily stuck sickly kids up chimneys or entangled them in barbaric factory machinery.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:03 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:10 pm

I am in no way suggesting that the walker guy that blackburn was corrupt, but in every other way it was his system that set the premier league down it's current path - he took a small club, ploughed massive money into them, and then fulfilled his dream of seeing them win a premier league title.
I know what you mean, Augie and yes,you're absolutely right. He pumped a fortune into the club, won the league then realised that it would take even bigger investment to keep it going and didn't really have the money to compete with the corporate machine which was Man Utd or the overseas scouting network and new approach to training and diet which we had at the time. The whole Jack Walker years at Blackburn lasted about five years in reality and that was decent if you consider that Newcastle under that John Hall bloke lobbed more money around and won fucking fuck all.
If you look back through the entire history of English football and really, it happens in England first, money has always equalled success and ever since the first days of professional football, the teams with the most money usually won the most trophies. Nothing has changed, it's only the amounts of money which have grown. Look at the earliest successful teams from the north west who were bankrolled by the factory owners or coal mine owners or whatever the fuck they had up there, they won trophies because they had more money and could buy the best players. Nothing's changed, it's just that the amounts of money being chucked around are bigger and the owners made their money from oil or corruption in horrific dictatorships where they stop women from driving cars, kidnapp and imprison their own families, keep slaves, chop off hands, stone people for being gay, murder dissenters in embassies or poison them in foreign cities, bankroll terror organisations and export weaponry to all and sundry rather than from a few miles away where they quite happily stuck sickly kids up chimneys or entangled them in barbaric factory machinery.
Exactly, you have always had the local boy dine good who cam back and pumped cash from his steel, textile mill, coal mine business into his local club and pumped up their performance. its the same now albeit non local and on unimaginable scales of wealth. IN the past that money has been a flash in the pan, and those with more organic revenue streams always came back, but such is the scale now its either join the club or be an also ran sadly we are the latter. Id prefer other owners but wouldn't have been unhappy had Saudi bought us as at least you would think it puts us on an even footing with the other inflated clubs and think we might start competing. I think at this level of wealth its 90% of the time holding your nose.

Against the grain I'm happy for Newcastle..i don't mind them, find the north east and its people engaging, and enjoyed it when they took on the Mancs and Keegans meltdown etc...rather them than the scum or west ham

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Its a consortium not a single entity ,Saudis are a strange lot and Im surprised it's a consortium as any Saudi worth his salt would buy it individually .
A consortium suggests its children using their pocket money in an ebbsfleet sort of way !
Now some might say it has a royal connection but nearly everyone in Saudi is royal cos they breed like rabbits ....
The term consortium is a very vaguely used word in the UK media, the reality is the funds are coming from a state backed sovereign wealth fund.

The Saudis are not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, Newcastle at £300m is a snip for a PL club with a big fanbase. They can throw hundreds of millions at the club in the same way as City/Chelski did and get a very good return on their investment.

Thats why Arsenal would never appeal to these people. At £2bn we are pretty much fully valued with no a lot of upside.
This is a state backed takeover, I doubt they care much about getting a return on investment. For Qatar and Abu Dhabi it was all about brand expansion. For the Saudis it is all about image cleansing and brand building. They are just going for the next 'big' club that is available for sale. If Arsenal was put up for sale tomorrow, I am absolutely certain there will be interest from the middle East.
This, 100%. The Consortium couldn't give two shits on ROT at the moment whereas Norway's investment fund actually operates in a sustainable way where they yield the ROT and make better things happen within the country.

MEA-backed funds and consortium are all about brand exposure, attracting avenues for sponsors and opportunities which benefits their State. The Prince can easily dish out 500M on a whole new team and it won't even ring alarm bells for him/them.

People don't realise there is a billionaire rich and then there is Sheikh Mansour, Roman Abramovich and Prince Bin Salman rich. The latter lot won't care much if couple hundred million pound go to waste if it benefits their overall agenda.

Who the fuck cares if they call Arsenal pimped and whatnot, we all would be over the moon to get a takeover like that because it means guaranteed influx of transfers and the club becomes that much more appealing. Lets not all act high and mighty about 'football is ruined bla bla' bullshit. Only moaning because it's not happening to us.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rian1 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:48 pm
Gunnerz4life wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:

This, 100%. The Consortium couldn't give two shits on ROT at the moment whereas Norway's investment fund actually operates in a sustainable way where they yield the ROT and make better things happen within the country.

MEA-backed funds and consortium are all about brand exposure, attracting avenues for sponsors and opportunities which benefits their State. The Prince can easily dish out 500M on a whole new team and it won't even ring alarm bells for him/them.

People don't realise there is a billionaire rich and then there is Sheikh Mansour, Roman Abramovich and Prince Bin Salman rich. The latter lot won't care much if couple hundred million pound go to waste if it benefits their overall agenda.

Who the fuck cares if they call Arsenal pimped and whatnot, we all would be over the moon to get a takeover like that because it means guaranteed influx of transfers and the club becomes that much more appealing. Lets not all act high and mighty about 'football is ruined bla bla' bullshit. Only moaning because it's not happening to us.
Fuck that. Speak for yourself. I despise this modern mercenary game. Football is fucked. I watch less football now than at any time in my life. The game has become a soft sanitised pc exercise at one end and a fucking hobby for filthy rich gangstas and sheikhs played by rich wannabe rappers at the other and watched by pc obsessed twats that think buying merchandising makes you a superfan.

The fucking Internet has bred this attitude of "we're all the same, we'd all love it if x happened to us". That is sheep mentality. I don't want Arsenal to be some rich murdererous cûnt's plaything, never have, never will, so don't speak for me.

This club used to have a tribal mentality on the NB and the CE and away in England and Europe. Now most of our fans are fucking celebidee obsessed dicktards that have "second clubs" and love "Christiano" because of their need to feel included. You see these cùnts having a laugh after a humiliating defeat or losing a cup final because it means nothing to them.

The game is fucking dead. Fuck it.

EDIT: Not having a dig at you here Rian1, just a rant in general! :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:39 am
Just what the PL needs.... another no mark club pimped to buy success. :roll: :lol:

They are the sperz of the North. :box:
I think you misspelled "Chavs".

In fairness to Spurs, they were a bigger club than Chelsea and had more history before Abramovich arrived. They may be pathetic, but they haven't been pimped to anything like the extent the real scum of London have.
Nope. They were always historically the spuds of the North. A club without success for decades but with delusions of grandeur. Its what Mackem fans call them, amongst other things....

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

As predicted many moons ago.....this lot would eventually get bought and the inevitability that follows is that they will also be above us

Our days of European football are over until such point as the ownership/ownership strategy changes

Never thought the likes of Villa, Everton and Newcastle could finish above us consistently? Keep watching

Not many more takeovers needed before "we will never get relegated" starts looking like a foolish remark

Hopefully the moral high ground will keep us warm at Luton and Coventry

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:53 am
As predicted many moons ago.....this lot would eventually get bought and the inevitability that follows is that they will also be above us

Our days of European football are over until such point as the ownership/ownership strategy changes

Never thought the likes of Villa, Everton and Newcastle could finish above us consistently? Keep watching

Not many more takeovers needed before "we will never get relegated" starts looking like a foolish remark

Hopefully the moral high ground will keep us warm at Luton and Coventry
Let it go mate ffs. :lol: :wink:

It would take at least 15 more takeovers and even then no guarantee we'd ever get relegated. Just throwing money at it doesn't always work. Just ask Boro...... :wink:

And if it got to the point where there was that many pimp takeovers then you can bet your house we'd be one of those pimped taken over clubs.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Its been hillarious to read some of the PR garbage how a club which hasn't won a league title for almost a century or a major trophy for half a century will finally be taking their rightful place amongst the PL elite :) .

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:36 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:48 pm
Gunnerz4life wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:

Fuck that. Speak for yourself. I despise this modern mercenary game. Football is fucked. I watch less football now than at any time in my life. The game has become a soft sanitised pc exercise at one end and a fucking hobby for filthy rich gangstas and sheikhs played by rich wannabe rappers at the other and watched by pc obsessed twats that think buying merchandising makes you a superfan.

The fucking Internet has bred this attitude of "we're all the same, we'd all love it if x happened to us". That is sheep mentality. I don't want Arsenal to be some rich murdererous cûnt's plaything, never have, never will, so don't speak for me.

This club used to have a tribal mentality on the NB and the CE and away in England and Europe. Now most of our fans are fucking celebidee obsessed dicktards that have "second clubs" and love "Christiano" because of their need to feel included. You see these cùnts having a laugh after a humiliating defeat or losing a cup final because it means nothing to them.

The game is fucking dead. Fuck it.

EDIT: Not having a dig at you here Rian1, just a rant in general! :wink:
Love the description of the modern game and the fans that follow it :D :D :D