Newcastle United FC about to join the big time

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Newcastle United FC about to join the big time

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:53 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:39 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:13 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:29 am
goonersid wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:12 pm
They are the most ridiculous club in English football!
Messiah after Messiah!
There's an old saying "You can't polish a turd"
It fits this joke of a club to a tee!
I honestly think they'll go down, you couldn't make it up :lol:
Newcastle United plan to announce their new manager this week, with Villarreal's former Arsenal boss Unai Emery emerging as the latest leading contender. (Mirror)

I'm sure this news will have you look at them in a more favourable light mate :D :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Good ebening Newcastle !
They're game away to Watford should be interesting :lol:

:wink:
Indeed.....you can put your house on them losing......err, I mean drawing 2-2 :wink:
:lol:

Obviously he had the stand out achievement of beating the mancs in the EL final last season (typical that the only fucking club he couldn't win it with was us :banghead: ) but it's pretty much all gone to shit for Villareal this season.

13th in La Liga with only 2 wins all season so once the sweet smell of the Saudi murder money comes the clubs way it will probably suit all parties to part company I'd imagine.
I think they seem to focus all their efforts on Europe - they were desperately unlucky against the Mancs and still well placed to qualify through the CL Group. I didn't particularly rate them last season when they did us either, but at that stage Norwich City's reserves could have just packed a defence against our sideways passers and got a result.

He's an upgrade on Bruce and probably the best available to them at the moment.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Unai has told the Saudis/Geordies to stick it up their hole :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:13 pm
Good for him. After dealing with the Qataris in Paris, why in fuck's name would he want to deal with the Saudis in Newcastle? In fact, why would anyone want to have any dealings with anyone in Newcastle?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:16 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Good for him. After dealing with the Qataris in Paris, why in fuck's name would he want to deal with the Saudis in Newcastle? In fact, why would anyone want to have any dealings with anyone in Newcastle?
Amen. The man is too classy for the toon monkeys.

Also, I doubt he has interest in a bonus system based around a "canny cooked chicken and a six pack like". :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:29 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Also, I doubt he has interest in a bonus system based around a "canny cooked chicken and a six pack like". :D
Fucking freezing shithole,full of absolute dickheads who nobody understands, constant fucking complaining about unemployment or immigration, shit kebab shops and chicken shops, fucking shit old pubs and twats wandering around in snow wearing shorts and no shirt because they reckon they're hard. Fuck me. And that's without even thinking about that cúnt Alan Shitrag Shearer and noncey Kevin Keegan hanging around everywhere.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Pleased he turned the Newcastle job down. A move that again shows he is a person of great integrity by not walking out on a club just for the promise of big money.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:21 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:29 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Fucking freezing shithole,full of absolute dickheads who nobody understands, constant fucking complaining about unemployment or immigration, shit kebab shops and chicken shops, fucking shit old pubs and twats wandering around in snow wearing shorts and no shirt because they reckon they're hard. Fuck me. And that's without even thinking about that cúnt Alan Shitrag Shearer and noncey Kevin Keegan hanging around everywhere.
:coffeespit:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Emery rejected Newcastle role due to his growing concerns that he knows more English words than the locals.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:01 pm
Emery rejected Newcastle role due to his growing concerns that he knows more English words than the locals.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

This thread seems to be turning into an Emery appreciation fest!
What is it with some peoples perception of him?
A clueless, useless, weak manager who left the club in a worse state than he found it!
He hasn't turned Toon down because he is some kind of Honourable martyr!
He knows that staying with Villa Real, he manages a club with modest expectations !
Whereas another catastrophic attempt in the PLGE, this time with a club with dillusionally high expectations?
For all his shortcomings, he's not completely fucking stupid!