Villa burst hedgehogs H Fri 22nd Oct KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: Villa burst hedgehogs H Fri 22nd Oct KO 8pm

Post by gooner265 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:30 am
Actually an enjoyable night at a home match - shock horror. Took an early finish at work, got up there for 5.30 so a few pints down before going into the bowl. Not a raucous atmosphere but better than normal - quite a few around me had obviously enjoyed an afternoon Friday sesh too. Maybe this FNF won't be so bad after all

Lovely to put "shit support m'lord" arsepieces Villa firmly in their place - what a vermin infested filthbag club they are.

Thought nearly all of ours played well. Nuno looks the business, but then he did throughout the whole of pre season and has been largely ignored by Captain Black.....hopefully the start of some more game time from him. Even my mate Partey managed to score off his shoulder and not give the ball away dozens of times
I've been to all the games at home this year , the atmosphere is definitely better , has to be down to general sale and less tourists .
Agree on Tavares looks like a great signing and exciting prospect, think you're being harsh on Arteta not playing him though, he's played the league Cup games and you're not gonna drop Tierney, but he will be a star.
Lakonga dud well again for me and will only grow as a player as well .
Probaly our best performance under Arteta .
This has to be our benchmark now going forward nothing less will do .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:20 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:12 pm
Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:40 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:40 pm
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:31 pm

Let me interject, for someone who has infiltrated this forum pertaining to be some sort of intellectual can I just point out your use of their and there, its a usual school boy error by E minus students but I thought I'd be candid nonetheless.

Your attempts to come across as erudite (Google it) have failed miserably, this is after two plus bottles of wine, while you're there I'll have a big mac :lol:
Kept that quiet mate …..intellectual eh ? I suppose you’ve even got an O level ?
The most worrying thing about my post is I don't remember posting the fucker :oops: :lol:

But you DO remember posing for those photo's don't you mate... The Rohypnol wore off by time the ermmm "Photo Shoot" was finished.... :D :wink:
:lol:
Ahh that would explain the sticky residue from the gaffa tape that I had trouble getting rid of :? :lol:
Damn we thought new'd cleaned it all off...mind you Rodders Love Juice apparently does come in copious amounts,,,, at least that's what SteveO said :D :wink: :wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:16 pm

Oh I think we've found the life and soul of the party :barscarf: :lol:

I bet they queue round the corner for your parties :lol:
i read this late last night initially and thought it said panties...i was thinking wtf. Now i re read it kinda disappointed it didnt say panties!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Arteta made the right decisions and played the system that enables the team to play to it's strengths. ESR is getting better and better. Midfield still a bit loose in possession and need to tighten up. Disappointed we conceded as I thought we'd keep a clean sheet. A big game which the team and Arteta passed the test. We're in that clutch if 6 teams vying for 4th-6th position. Hope we can make progress Vs Leicester, who are conceding a good few goals and were lucky to get a win at Brentford.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:05 am
Arteta made the right decisions and played the system that enables the team to play to it's strengths. ESR is getting better and better. Midfield still a bit loose in possession and need to tighten up. Disappointed we conceded as I thought we'd keep a clean sheet. A big game which the team and Arteta passed the test. We're in that clutch if 6 teams vying for 4th-6th position. Hope we can make progress Vs Leicester, who are conceding a good few goals and were lucky to get a win at Brentford.

That's why I think Capt Black & Edu missed a trick when they signed Odegaard instead of Bassouma, the latter would tighten up the midfield like a Nuns Fur Burger.

Almunias_right_glove

Post by Almunias_right_glove »

begeegs wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:20 pm
rich31 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:34 pm
Hello all,i dont post an awful lot as i do not comment unless i feel i have something worthwhile to say or add but i am an avid reader.My thoughts on all this bickering is that i think the actual thread about the game should be about the actual game.Yes the tactics,selection,performance can and should be discussed .However there are other topics where Arteta can be discussed or individual players can be so maybe there is no need to use the game thread to complain when we have won.As a supporter of The Arsenal for over 45 years, i do find it surprising and a bit depressing that a topic about a 3-1 win ,in what has been a poor period in our recent history, descends into arguing and negativity.Why invest in a team if even a win makes you feel like you want to moan and does not seem to give much enjoyment.
Finally i do have to say that all this farteta and various other pretty lame name calling is embarrassing for grown men to resort to in an attempt to be funny/insulting.I like a funny nickname (colin wanker,hatrick bamford ,sanogoals etc) but come on lads.
I don't post loads either, but I would say that I couldn't care less about name calling, banter and the like. Why be bothered or embarrassed about perceived childish comments? I think that probably says more about you than a reflection of the forum. Without people from different walks of life being able to come on here and blow of stream or talk crap or whatever, then this forum would be an absolute bore. I think that the mods are doing a fine job keeping it a fun place and hope that they keep it that way :barscarf:
I bet you find Mrs Browns Boys “funny” as well.
:barscarf:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Almunias_right_glove wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:34 pm

Can't say that I ever saw it. I am more of a Python fan :)

rich31

Post by rich31 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:20 pm
begeegs wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:20 pm
rich31 wrote:
Hello all,i dont post an awful lot as i do not comment unless i feel i have something worthwhile to say or add but i am an avid reader.My thoughts on all this bickering is that i think the actual thread about the game should be about the actual game.Yes the tactics,selection,performance can and should be discussed .However there are other topics where Arteta can be discussed or individual players can be so maybe there is no need to use the game thread to complain when we have won.As a supporter of The Arsenal for over 45 years, i do find it surprising and a bit depressing that a topic about a 3-1 win ,in what has been a poor period in our recent history, descends into arguing and negativity.Why invest in a team if even a win makes you feel like you want to moan and does not seem to give much enjoyment.
Finally i do have to say that all this farteta and various other pretty lame name calling is embarrassing for grown men to resort to in an attempt to be funny/insulting.I like a funny nickname (colin wanker,hatrick bamford ,sanogoals etc) but come on lads.
I don't post loads either, but I would say that I couldn't care less about name calling, banter and the like. Why be bothered or embarrassed about perceived childish comments? I think that probably says more about you than a reflection of the forum. Without people from different walks of life being able to come on here and blow of stream or talk crap or whatever, then this forum would be an absolute bore. I think that the mods are doing a fine job keeping it a fun place and hope that they keep it that way :barscarf:
agreed
You state that this is a place to blow off steam etc then cane me for giving my opinion.Also your "says more about you than the forum" comment is just odd and over the top .Calm down and practice what you preach

rich31

Post by rich31 »

rich31 wrote:

Hmm,yes i know.Moaning and whinging even if the team you support win makes you much better company!! Next time you add lol to your post then try and actually make the post funny .

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:03 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:05 am

That's why I think Capt Black & Edu missed a trick when they signed Odegaard instead of Bassouma, the latter would tighten up the midfield like a Nuns Fur Burger.
Absolutely agree with that. I guess Bissouma would as well, he might not have been out clubbing in Brighton on a Tuesday night.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

begeegs wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:25 pm
Almunias_right_glove wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:34 pm

Can't say that I ever saw it. I am more of a Python fan :)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Let's discuss The Norwegian Blue shall we??? :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rich31 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:38 pm
rich31 wrote:

Hmm,yes i know.Moaning and whinging even if the team you support win makes you much better company!! Next time you add lol to your post then try and actually make the post funny .

Go back over my posts Mr charisma, I didn't moan at all about us winning, I just had a quip about your lack of humour, you seem a very dull individual and I feel sorry for you because of that, laughter is an intoxicating experience, try it, your family will benefit.

rich31

Post by rich31 »

Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:15 pm
rich31 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:38 pm
rich31 wrote:

Go back over my posts Mr charisma, I didn't moan at all about us winning, I just had a quip about your lack of humour, you seem a very dull individual and I feel sorry for you because of that, laughter is an intoxicating experience, try it, your family will benefit.
Best bet is for you to crack on making assumptions based on 2 posts about people and entertaining others with your "jokes" thread.I am happy,laugh alot and live with my wife of 25 years and our 3 children so do not concern yourself mate .What a strange kind of human you are to feel the need to bring my family's feelings into a public forum discussing football.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Come on lads. Let's just enjoy a great win today and not take pops at each other. Cheers and peace. 8)

rich31

Post by rich31 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:32 pm
Come on lads. Let's just enjoy a great win today and not take pops at each other. Cheers and peace. 8)
Fair enough mate,I agree.
Like i posted over on the match thread it was a great win and performance on the road. :barscarf: