Villa burst hedgehogs H Fri 22nd Oct KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Almunias_right_glove

Re: Villa burst hedgehogs H Fri 22nd Oct KO 8pm

Post by Almunias_right_glove »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:18 pm
Almunias_right_glove wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:29 pm
Almunia is a clown wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:50 am
:barscarf: The pair of AKB twats are back, totally failing to try & argue their case or debate opinions, they get upset about some posters using various silly names for players & managers. :barscarf:

What is the point of being on here if you don't have any opinions or arguments to make? Who gives a shite about silly name calling anyway? I get plenty of name calling down the pub & I also give it back with interest, yes it's childish but we're not at school nowadays. :blah:

I got a ban on another Arsenal forum for calling the Nazi's manager "Fat Chav Frank" & the Manc boss "Gollum Solskjaer" so what, if that's the way they want to run their forum that's their choice, same as on here. :mrgreen:

If you're going to get upset about some online verbals & pisstaking, perhaps this might not be the best forum to post on? :roll:
Ah, another childish tantrum and more childish phrases such as “AKB” despite neither myself or the other poster being one. I am glad Wenger is gone and I wish Arteta was as well but more than that I want Kroenke gone.

You complain about not debating. What is their to debate with the you? You post in a childish manner and spit your dummy out when called out on it. Football debates can be rather tedious at the best of times but if someone wants to talk football I am happy to talk football but the basic standard I would want is to engage with someone who can type as if they are an adult and not a primary school child.

You complain we aren’t bringing debates to the table, what debates have you brought? Childish nicknames and tantrums.
I have made a few posts stating my opinion on certain players or a very brief thought on the match, nothing golden standard but if anyone wants to expand on them or talk on them they can do so and they don’t have to read through a diatribe of childishness. If you want to complain about myself and the other poster not bringing anything than perhaps start by looking at the quality of your own posts.
I think that's unfair tbh. Almunia is a Clown has posted some very good stuff on here over the years. I've debated with him, argued with him a couple times, but it's always been respectful. Most posters on here bring a lot to the table - and have a sense of humour. As I've said many times before the tone on here isn't always to everyone's taste.
I haven’t seen it as of yet but I will take your word for it.

Almunias_right_glove

Post by Almunias_right_glove »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:31 pm
:barscarf: The pair of AKB twats are back, totally failing to try & argue their case or debate opinions, they get upset about some posters using various silly names for players & managers. :barscarf:

What is the point of being on here if you don't have any opinions or arguments to make? Who gives a shite about silly name calling anyway? I get plenty of name calling down the pub & I also give it back with interest, yes it's childish but we're not at school nowadays. :blah:

I got a ban on another Arsenal forum for calling the Nazi's manager "Fat Chav Frank" & the Manc boss "Gollum Solskjaer" so what, if that's the way they want to run their forum that's their choice, same as on here. :mrgreen:

If you're going to get upset about some online verbals & pisstaking, perhaps this might not be the best forum to post on? :roll:
Ah, another childish tantrum and more childish phrases such as “AKB” despite neither myself or the other poster being one. I am glad Wenger is gone and I wish Arteta was as well but more than that I want Kroenke gone.

You complain about not debating. What is their to debate with the you? You post in a childish manner and spit your dummy out when called out on it. Football debates can be rather tedious at the best of times but if someone wants to talk football I am happy to talk football but the basic standard I would want is to engage with someone who can type as if they are an adult and not a primary school child.

You complain we aren’t bringing debates to the table, what debates have you brought? Childish nicknames and tantrums.
I have made a few posts stating my opinion on certain players or a very brief thought on the match, nothing golden standard but if anyone wants to expand on them or talk on them they can do so and they don’t have to read through a diatribe of childishness. If you want to complain about myself and the other poster not bringing anything than perhaps start by looking at the quality of your own posts.
Let me interject, for someone who has infiltrated this forum pertaining to be some sort of intellectual can I just point out your use of their and there, its a usual school boy error by E minus students but I thought I'd be candid nonetheless.

Your attempts to come across as erudite (Google it) have failed miserably, this is after two plus bottles of wine, while you're there I'll have a big mac :lol:
Fair enough, that was a poor mistake on my part and I put my hands up to that. No need to google erudite, I am aware of the meaning.

However your point is not as valid as you may think it is. I may have dyslexia (I don’t fyi) or it may have just been a simple lapse in concentration leading to a simple spelling mistake. Equating that as being purposely childish in someone’s own choice of mannerisms are not equal.

I will take your valid criticism, it was a poor mistake on my part.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:45 pm
Jayives wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:07 pm

Nobody is saying you can’t express an opinion. The point is merely that if you are calling our own manager stuff like “farteta” and “Martinez lite” during a match we are comfortably winning then you will come across as a complete helmet that’s behaving like a 12 year old to most folks. It’s in the bro code for us to point this out so you can stop it and come across as NOT a complete arsehole. Trying to help out.

Btw ? Akb ? I wanted wenger gone 10 years before he went and Arteta should go if we don’t finish in the top 7 this season. 100% but it doesnt mean that things should slide if you see a bunch of grown men behaving like school kids. “Farteta” seriously ffs
It’s in the bro code....FFS ...embarrassing.....you on half term this week?
was about to quote that too...oh dear...images of the sherminator from american pie or mclovin from superbad spring to mind.

but my question is where has the poster been after the appalling brighton game and palace? why pop up after wins only and have pops at posters on here yet disappear when we a playing crap? suggest its a WUM. We beat a crap spurs and a poor villa...woop dee do. ignore the shite inbetween and the fact we havent progressed in 2 years under arteta. We had good performances interspersed with turgid crap for the last 2 years. Until there's consistency its perfectly fair arteta in negative credit.

the playing mantis

where is augie anyway, hope all with him and his.

the playing mantis

Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:08 pm

Let me interject, for someone who has infiltrated this forum pertaining to be some sort of intellectual can I just point out your use of their and there, its a usual school boy error by E minus students but I thought I'd be candid nonetheless.

Your attempts to come across as erudite (Google it) have failed miserably, this is after two plus bottles of wine, while you're there I'll have a big mac :lol:
Fair enough, that was a poor mistake on my part and I put my hands up to that. No need to google erudite, I am aware of the meaning.

However your point is not as valid as you may think it is. I may have dyslexia (I don’t fyi) or it may have just been a simple lapse in concentration leading to a simple spelling mistake. Equating that as being purposely childish in someone’s own choice of mannerisms are not equal.

I will take your valid criticism, it was a poor mistake on my part.
ffs no one cares! dont take yourself of this place so seriously. just ignore the silliness if you don't like it.

i sense you wont be long for this place if you do, be it by your own choice or by the mods hands.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Seems a bit odd that you join a forum - with a very laidback culture such as this one - just to complain about its members, and how they post.

You can spout all you like about "wanting football debate," and that's fine. You'll get it here, but we like to joke around, give nicknames and rant too. If that's not for you then that's also fine, but it would have been clear to you what this place was like had you read the forums before joining. If you did, still joined and then moaned about it/us then you're a bit of an arse.

John F

Post by John F »

Humour is a personal taste and it would be a sad world if it was dictated by one person's view of it.This is the only forum left where humour is allowed and is what attracted me to this site in the first place .I do not like most stand up comedy with the exception of Frank Skinner or Stewart Lee as I find it boring and predictable but that doesn't mean I want it taken off the Telly and replaced by endless Reeves and Mortimer shows.
I don't go on untold and start slagging off the posters I just don't read it.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Ah John, that's where your missing out mate, you really should go on Untold occassionally it makes the posters on here look positively sane :wink:

John F

Post by John F »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:53 am
Ah John, that's where your missing out mate, you really should go on Untold occassionally it makes the posters on here look positively sane :wink:
Are they still going on about a world wide conspiracy against Arsenal?

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Football itself is stupid if you analyse it anyway - grown men, (and women) singing, shouting, crying, fighting, boasting, and piss taking over a bunch of men kicking a football about.
This is the irony behind that whole thread about school boy name calling which flew over certain peoples heads and considering that I am back of the fag packet intellectual, I will refer to the manager as El Farteta in the future as to not ruffle feathers :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:05 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:45 pm
Jayives wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:07 pm

Nobody is saying you can’t express an opinion. The point is merely that if you are calling our own manager stuff like “farteta” and “Martinez lite” during a match we are comfortably winning then you will come across as a complete helmet that’s behaving like a 12 year old to most folks. It’s in the bro code for us to point this out so you can stop it and come across as NOT a complete arsehole. Trying to help out.

Btw ? Akb ? I wanted wenger gone 10 years before he went and Arteta should go if we don’t finish in the top 7 this season. 100% but it doesnt mean that things should slide if you see a bunch of grown men behaving like school kids. “Farteta” seriously ffs
It’s in the bro code....FFS ...embarrassing.....you on half term this week?
was about to quote that too...oh dear...images of the sherminator from american pie or mclovin from superbad spring to mind.

but my question is where has the poster been after the appalling brighton game and palace? why pop up after wins only and have pops at posters on here yet disappear when we a playing crap? suggest its a WUM. We beat a crap spurs and a poor villa...woop dee do. ignore the shite inbetween and the fact we havent progressed in 2 years under arteta. We had good performances interspersed with turgid crap for the last 2 years. Until there's consistency its perfectly fair arteta in negative credit.
I recall it may have been 2 or 3 years ago we had another "pair of Posters" who appeared to have joined at the same time and always supported each other's threads, I can't recall their names as I cast their names into the abyss of a pensive under the floorboards; actually I think they may have been likened to Hinge & Bracket except they had neither the wit nor the musical ability to make their statements seem even entertaining, but they too would only appear after a win or good performance to try and impose their views on others and the comments made. Perhaps they are ghosts and have no real presence; much like their posts. Anyhoo, as to naming various figures by non-de-plumes where on earth would we be and how on earth could we have survived had we not adopted names such as:

TOF, WengerCunt, Lord Wenker or LeProfessor instead of simply referring to him as Arsene or Wenger???

What some people do not realise is that by using names such as Captain Black - which let's be fair (no pun intended) is a good description of what Arteta actually looks like - especially as we (The Arsenal) are anything but "Thunderbirds are GO!" under his leadership. - we are dispersing our anger and frustration about the state of our club and about him.

When Arteta first got the 'Job' I was hoping sincerely hoping that he would be a success, I know there were many that gave him No Chance from the off, but having been apprentice too Pep, I thought 'who knows maybe he will be a Pep MarkII, a "chip off the old block", sadly that has been shown to be not true.

Hence such terms have now been adopted: Martinez-lite, Farteta, Peps Ex-Cone Boy have become the norm purely and simply because we doing not have access to tell him to his face that he is Failing and he is Not Up To The Task.

Proof being in our lack of consistency and over the last 2 years there has been no recognisable progress, there is an obvious lack of any recognisable style of play and the facts that he continues to ignore the talents of such players as Martinelli, whilst giving new and improved contracts to likes of Xhaka: (aka: Clubfoot, Turd, Clive, CuntoClive etc) and let's not forget this was the player who when subbed and then booed by the fans told them to Fuck Off and then threw his shirt on the floor, and yet never apologised and was after a carefully time managed period brought back into the fold by arteta and even given the Captains Arm band again. This latter fact alone shows Farteta is the wrong choice for the position of Arsenal Manger/ Coach.

We need the Kroenke's (aka: Wiggy & Son) Gone, but neither that nor the dismissal of Capt Black is going to happen anytime soon.

So until then they are Fair Game and part of the forum's ability to share these views and Let Off Steam.

rich31

Post by rich31 »

Hello all,i dont post an awful lot as i do not comment unless i feel i have something worthwhile to say or add but i am an avid reader.My thoughts on all this bickering is that i think the actual thread about the game should be about the actual game.Yes the tactics,selection,performance can and should be discussed .However there are other topics where Arteta can be discussed or individual players can be so maybe there is no need to use the game thread to complain when we have won.As a supporter of The Arsenal for over 45 years, i do find it surprising and a bit depressing that a topic about a 3-1 win ,in what has been a poor period in our recent history, descends into arguing and negativity.Why invest in a team if even a win makes you feel like you want to moan and does not seem to give much enjoyment.
Finally i do have to say that all this farteta and various other pretty lame name calling is embarrassing for grown men to resort to in an attempt to be funny/insulting.I like a funny nickname (colin wanker,hatrick bamford ,sanogoals etc) but come on lads.
Last edited by rich31 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Kept that quiet mate …..intellectual eh ? I suppose you’ve even got an O level ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The best irony was Jayives coming on to whine about nicknames and name calling aimed at players and the manager and all while he referred to everyone as "helmets" etc. :lol: :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:23 pm
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:37 pm
Jayives wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:51 pm

I’m not the one LITERALLY creating children’s names here :lol:
No. But you are the one carrying on like a WUM.

I've read all your posts on this thread. You've literally contributed nothing but goading, insulting, and abusing long term members. We have rules against that. You've broken them.

So I tell you what, I'm going to give you a week ban.

I suggest you have a think about whether this forum is the right fit for you. The banter, the humour, whatever, is not going to change because you don't like it. Have a think and if after a week you feel you can come back on here and express an opinion without insulting regular members then great. If not go find another forum more suitable to your personality.
:barscarf:

You're a legend mate, thank fuck for that, like you and everyone said before he was not contributing a thing, he just called posters helmets because he was on a wind up. Plus BRO CODE :shock: :lol:
Old Hlebby would have given him a life ban for that alone mate! :wink:

Gotta admit he just got on my tits with the arrogance of just coming on here and insulting the regulars. We've all contributed to trying to make this a free and open forum where Gooners can have a laugh or a moan without the fear of bans or reprisals. I'm always reluctant to ban anyone and within the rules I could have banned him permanently for WUM behaviour. But we'll give him a chance. If after the 7 days are up and he comes back on here with the same attitude I won't hesitate to ban him permanently.
Mate you and I have met, we're old school gooners, we've seen it done it and for those who've been divorced " she's got the t shirt", we can rip the piss but equally take it.
Now we've all had fall outs on here and I'm quite sad that me and Augie had one, for whatever reason but I do regret that, nonetheless we all have an opinion, we just have to respect everyone else's.
Peace
Peas
But I thought that was part of the Rites Of Passage to fall out with You and Augie :D :high5:

Besides they say that the best polemic and subsequent discussions most often begin with differing opinions, which can then result in a better understanding of something for both parties.