Leeds hippos yawns H Tue 26th Oct KO 745PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Leeds hippos yawns H Tue 26th Oct KO 745PM

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up it's this shower of utter filth in the cup.I despise these fuckers and the media wankathon that follows them around :|
They'll probably do us the shower of cocks.

Wengerballs

Re: Leeds hippos yawns H Tue 26th Oct KO 745PM

Post by Wengerballs »

They were utter crap v Wolves this weekend. Could hardly string 3 passes together. Kept playing huge ambitious sweeping switch long balls, every which one failed. Clueless without Kalvin (with a A) curly twat-knot Phillips. Busted is the Bielsa myth. Can't defend for shit.

Midz

Post by Midz »

We need to start spanking teams that aren't doing well rather than gift them all lifelines.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

One of my best mates is a Leeds fan so we have to beat this lot cos he is popping round next weekend and I won't hear the last of it.

What I will do as I always do is show him the FA Cup program from 72, its gold because it was the centenary FA Cup, my dad have it to me, yes I know we lost but I keep it as another reminder of my dad

I will one day give it to gutz (who I've known since I was five and he goton very well with my dad, tbf he practically lived round mine) but it still has some tease factor in it yet.

I reckon 2-0 to The Arsenal :barscarf:

John F

Post by John F »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:03 am
One of my best mates is a Leeds fan so we have to beat this lot cos he is popping round next weekend and I won't hear the last of it.

What I will do as I always do is show him the FA Cup program from 72, its gold because it was the centenary FA Cup, my dad have it to me, yes I know we lost but I keep it as another reminder of my dad

I will one day give it to gutz (who I've known since I was five and he goton very well with my dad, tbf he practically lived round mine) but it still has some tease factor in it yet.

Argh Geoff Barnett in goal and Alan Clark's header are my only memories of that final

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Arteta will field a team of duds but probably with Martinelli and Balogun up front with them ending up on a losing team further damaging their confidence :rubchin:

As we are not in Europe Arteta should be going all out in both Cups but I get the feeling he wont :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

John F wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:09 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:03 am

Argh Geoff Barnett in goal and Alan Clark's header are my only memories of that final
Wembley was always a great day out memories of Clarke celebrating at the Arsenal end....and a coke bottle just missing his head
the other memory being a Leeds fan sold us a ticket at face value.....and it was a terrible game

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:06 pm
Next up it's this shower of utter filth in the cup.I despise these fuckers and the media wankathon that follows them around :|
They'll probably do us IN the shower with their tiny limp cocks.

I think we'll beat them providing CAPTAIN BLACK plays a decent team and leave out the Dead Wood. :barscarf:

Time for Martinelli to SHINE!!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:44 am
Arteta will field a team of duds but probably with Martinelli and Balogun up front with them ending up on a losing team further damaging their confidence :rubchin:

As we are not in Europe Arteta should be going all out in both Cups but I get the feeling he wont :banghead:
The times I've seen Balogun play in the reserves he's looked very decent, but each time he's played in the 1st team, he just seems to lack any confidence to do what he's been doing...ie: beating players for fun and scoring very good goals. :?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

With a competent Manager you would ensure he was played with the best players around him to give him the help he needs to develop, with Arteta anything is possible

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Hopefully can give dirty Leeds the good hiding they deserve. I am hoping for 8 to surpass the 7-0 win in 1979.

The fcuking tags in their socks, the smiley badges, Bremner, Giles, Hunter, Charlton and all the other cheating bastards waving at the crowd from the centre circle.

We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds, We all fcuking hate Leeds!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arrgee wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:40 pm
Hopefully can give dirty Leeds the good hiding they deserve. I am hoping for 8 to surpass the 7-0 win in 1979.

The fcuking tags in their socks, the smiley badges, Bremner, Giles, Hunter, Charlton and all the other cheating bastards waving at the crowd from the centre circle.

We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds, We all fcuking hate Leeds!

:high5:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

arrgee wrote:

I remember being in the Clock End that night, big shock at the time, I couldn't believe it as they were our bogey team at home although we often used to win up there.

They went down to Division Two soon afterwards & stayed down for years! :barscarf:

We beat Everton around 2005 on Monday night 7-0 but I can't remember any other 7-0's, have we ever scored 8 in recent history or even since we left Woolwich? :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

This lot have a defence that makes the Squillachi & Silvestre vintage look like the dynamic duo, and yet still most of the media are noshing off Bielsa's pipe. We really should have a field day against them, particularly if they choose to rest players for their relegation battle obviously being the trophy laden big club that they are :roll: :roll:

A proper match and I'll be there - lets have this lot on toast and get a step closer to Wemb-er-leeeeee

3-1 coming up

Midz

Post by Midz »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:31 pm
arrgee wrote:

I remember being in the Clock End that night, big shock at the time, I couldn't believe it as they were our bogey team at home although we often used to win up there.

They went down to Division Two soon afterwards & stayed down for years! :barscarf:

We beat Everton around 2005 on Monday night 7-0 but I can't remember any other 7-0's, have we ever scored 8 in recent history or even since we left Woolwich? :rubchin:
There was a time some years ago now where we always used to thump Boro. Maybe not by 7 but we did score a few.