Brenda Steptoe and Co A Sat 30th Oct KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Brenda Steptoe and Co A Sat 30th Oct KO 1230

Post by OneBardGooner »

For me Odegaard isn't a No 10, even though I assume he was bought for that position, whereas ESR IS a Natural No 10 and totally outshines Odegaard.

And to sub Laca with Odegaard just invited Leicester to come onto us even more, I understand why? he subbed Laca as he had run himself into the ground...But a better sub would have been Martinelli who has far better energy than Odegaard, as he chases and closes down the opposition from the front and is like one of those annoying terriers that can't be shaken off...also Martinelli definitely needs game time, or sadly I can see him departing AFC in either January or next summer, and THAT is all down to the manager; yet another of his failings.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:51 pm
For me Odegaard isn't a No 10, even though I assume he was bought for that position, whereas ESR IS a Natural No 10 and totally outshines Odegaard.

And to sub Laca with Odegaard just invited Leicester to come onto us even more, I understand why? he subbed Laca as he had run himself into the ground...But a better sub would have been Martinelli who has far better energy than Odegaard, as he chases and closes down the opposition from the front and is like one of those annoying terriers that can't be shaken off...also Martinelli definitely needs game time, or sadly I can see him departing AFC in either January or next summer, and THAT is all down to the manager; yet another of his failings.
Agreed....

Also the combination of ESR and Odergaard makes the team less effective, we paid £40 million for a player we didnt need .....

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

OneBardGooner wrote:

He's a no.8 in the ilk of Paul Davis, not Ian Wright. He needs to play deeper and move the play forward from there.
Still don't understand how Evans wasn't sent off. Another poor decision that has benefitted Arsenal's opponents, the other being McArthur's challenge on Saka.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Only watched the first half of this as the missus had 'kindly' organised a meal with her family at 2 o clock :banghead:

Sounds like I saw all of the best stuff, and I have to say the first 30 minutes was really impressive. I haven't seen our attacking players press them back with that level of intensity since we beat the vermin, and it had all of their backline rattled and made them look distinctly average. He doesn't need to change that attacking front four at all - no Pepe, no Odegaard, no Nketiah - just do what most of us have said all along. Lacazette down the middle and Auba, ESR and Saka behind. Hard to see how that can't work

Thankfully most people on here can't stand Xhakatard, but interesting how his mini social media fan club have shut the f+++ up since the midfield got on without him. No doubt the clueless lump of shit will walk back in to the team as he did under the previous managers, but for now lets enjoy Sambi and hope that Partey has shrugged off some of the gormless performances that we've grown used to since he joined

Ramsdale - what's not to like? Looks like we've found a fans favourite for years to come, whilst Tommy at right back and increasingly Ben White look like decent signings. Nuno finally getting the chance to show what he did throughout pre season

Finally - I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists on here when it comes to refs but how the fuck Evans stays on and the Villa c.unt gets sent off is absolutely beyond me. Added to the (lack of) sending off when the Palace c.unt assaulted Saka I can understand the frustrations of the inconsistency this past few games

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:15 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

He's a no.8 in the ilk of Paul Davis, not Ian Wright. He needs to play deeper and move the play forward from there.
Sorry mate but he’s not, he’s always been an attacking midfielder and mostly plays right wing for Norway. He may wear no8 but the similarity ends there.

His performances haven’t been great so far but writing him off seems a bit much so early into his time with his.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Still don't understand how Evans wasn't sent off. Another poor decision that has benefitted Arsenal's opponents, the other being McArthur's challenge on Saka.
Hes not too effective..drifts in and out of the game no potency.....technically no mug but best when he has time and space...when the game is already won

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I thought he was sloppy when he came on. Out muscled repeatedly and gave the ball away several times when his precise job was to help retain possession and alleviate the pressure we were under. He is getting worse, not better.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:05 am
I thought he was sloppy when he came on. Out muscled repeatedly and gave the ball away several times when his precise job was to help retain possession and alleviate the pressure we were under. He is getting worse, not better.
To be honest dont think he will cut it in the premiership....time will tell

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:23 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:05 am
To be honest dont think he will cut it in the premiership....time will tell
I've always liked us to have a technical ball player and we haven't had one since Ozil went and let's be honest even Ozil's biggest fan (rodders :wink: ) would admit he was inconsistent, ranging from world class to anonymous.

Ohdeargod has solid technical ability and good vision for the weighted pass but unfortunately he does not look physically strong or powerful enough for the PL and is not psychologically "quick" enough. He would be better I think in Spain or Italy in a slower game.

He's certainly not a number 10 either way. I'd try him more as an 8 or if he was stronger maybe even as a classic box to box midfielder. As a winger? He can look effective as a winger for Norway but how many wingers do we need!! But he is no way near quick enough of thought to be a number 10.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Yeah, the awful decisions in favour of the opposition teams are beginning to mount up - So by the law of averages we hopefully should get a few good shouts coming our way .....

:rubchin:

Mind you if/when CuntoClive plays again we'll need them. (Even though we play better as a 10man team than 11 when that cun.t is on the pitch).

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

All this talk of flaky midfield c.unts made me reach for this.....

"Arsenal are still keeping tabs on Real Madrid and Spain midfielder Dani Ceballos, 25, despite not signing him after a two-year loan spell. (El Nacional, via Teamtalk)"

.....as in keeping tabs on him to see if he's still the most ineffective, fucking useless, lightweight fairy known to man? I presume the answer is still yes