Brenda Steptoe and Co A Sat 30th Oct KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Brenda Steptoe and Co A Sat 30th Oct KO 1230

Post by rodders999 »

Meant to post that yesterday One Bard, they were pretty much the exact same foul in the exact same part of the pitch - one player got a yellow and another a red.

100% red card if one of our defenders did the same by the way :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Come on now lads, can we just stop complaining about referee inconsistencies please? VAR has sorted all that out now, don't you know!

:barscarf:

:suicide:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:23 pm
Come on now lads, can we just stop complaining about referee inconsistencies please? VAR has sorted all that out now, don't you know!

:lol:

You know how much I love VAR considering how kind it is to us.

The Laporte one was 100% red as should the Evans foul.

Once a defender who’s last man gets spun like that he’s dead, doesn’t matter if it’s 5 yards from goal or 50 it’s denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Piss poor from Michael Oliver and of course conveniently ignored by the cheat in the VAR office :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

VAR means CU.NT in Bristolian

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

shu wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:49 am
It was a great result and we are slowly going in the right direction but hey it is only a week or so when we struggled with Palace . Arteta will pick Xhaka who most on here hate and then we wait for the moment of madness or not tracking back or simply the shit pass that causes us to lose the game .

The fact is they wanted him out and Arteta will pick the liability but at least we only have one after that twat Luiz went .

Great result Saturday but Arteta is like him at Man Utd
Agreed neither are up-to-the -job of managing two of the biggest clubs in football, I just hope the Hobbit remains in place and keeps them careering of course and also hope Farteta is replaced by someone who doesn't keep playing his favourites even though they demonstrate they are Utter Shyte.

herbert

Post by herbert »

If the back 5 keep on improving? at the rate they are then top 4 or 5 is within our grasp :barscarf:

The frst 20 minutes we looked lke a mixed hybrid team of Graham and my lord and master Wenger teams at there best :barscarf:

Trust the process :box:

:D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:24 pm
If the back 5 keep on improving? at the rate they are then top 4 or 5 is within our grasp :barscarf:

The frst 20 minutes we looked lke a mixed hybrid team of Graham and my lord and master Wenger teams at there best :barscarf:

I think you are doing your Lord and master Herr Gruppenfuhrer Venger a disservice there Herbert! :wink:

I've never been a rabid Wenger hater and will always love and acknowledge the teams he built from 1996 to about 2008 but I wanted him gone from May 2010 with a passion.

There are a couple of our young players like Smith-Rowe and Saka and Martinelli that I'd have loved to have seen working in that 02-04 era team learning beside the likes of Bergkamp, Pires, Vieira and Henry.

Defensively we look better but still get ripped open so easily too often. In all honesty it would take a decent pair of blinkers to stop anyone acknowledging that Ramsdale was the difference yesterday between us winning and either drawing or maybe even losing.

I said it on another thread but I'd love to see what a good experienced manager could build around the core of this team.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jayives wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:04 am
BFG4 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:26 am
Jayives wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:25 am
3 points off 3rd place.

5 points off 2nd. Above spurs ...

Ramsdale superb, lokonga slick and Smith Rowe his usual brilliant self. Huge credit to the manager for pushing us up the table although I don’t see many saying this,

Encouraging too that people managed to go a whole 90 minutes in a match we won without calling our own manager a whore or part of the female anatomy too this week good work :barscarf:
I'm delighted things have improved since the horrendous start to the season but personally I'm not giving Arteta huge credit because I think when it comes to yesterday we made a great start and then relied on our GK to be a one man wall. That isn't anything brilliant tactically from the manager, just hoping for the best. Let's see where we are going into the new year and what will happen when Arteta throws that clown Xhaka back in as soon as he's fit.
Happy to blame him when we are struggling yet won’t give credit when we are winning :lol: simply brilliant

Always gonna ride your luck at Leicester a bit. The truth is we look we look well organised and set up. ( look at the set pieces clearly being worked on in training)

Hopefully he will vary his teams and play lokonga but at some point he will have to rotate so we will see Xhaka unfortunately.
Xhaka will be first name on the teamsheet and probably captain

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:39 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Once a defender who’s last man gets spun like that he’s dead, doesn’t matter if it’s 5 yards from goal or 50 it’s denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Piss poor from Michael Oliver and of course conveniently ignored by the cheat in the VAR office :roll:
We just dont get those decisions....dont think its an out and out conspiracy as the untold lot do....just think we arent liked generally by refs/VAR officals

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:45 pm
herbert wrote:

I think you are doing your Lord and master Herr Gruppenfuhrer Venger a disservice there Herbert! :wink:

I've never been a rabid Wenger hater and will always love and acknowledge the teams he built from 1996 to about 2008 but I wanted him gone from May 2010 with a passion.

There are a couple of our young players like Smith-Rowe and Saka and Martinelli that I'd have loved to have seen working in that 02-04 era team learning beside the likes of Bergkamp, Pires, Vieira and Henry.

Defensively we look better but still get ripped open so easily too often. In all honesty it would take a decent pair of blinkers to stop anyone acknowledging that Ramsdale was the difference yesterday between us winning and either drawing or maybe even losing.

I said it on another thread but I'd love to see what a good experienced manager could build around the core of this team.
If this run of form and performance continues, then I whilst holding real doubts, will give him time to either prove me wrong or right.
Even if it means watching him learn the ropes and growing with the team.
A big test will be when Xhakacunt is fit again, his re-introduction to the team would surely be managerial suicide and proof that he has learnt nothing.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:19 pm
rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

We just dont get those decisions....dont think its an out and out conspiracy as the untold lot do....just think we arent liked generally by refs/VAR officals
I think you’ve just described a conspiracy. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:45 pm
herbert wrote:

If this run of form and performance continues, then I whilst holding real doubts, will give him time to either prove me wrong or right.
Even if it means watching him learn the ropes and growing with the team.
A big test will be when Xhakacunt is fit again, his re-introduction to the team would surely be managerial suicide and proof that he has learnt nothing.
I'd agree with that. I've nothing personal against Martinez-Lite and tbh I rated him as a player for us in his first two seasons before his legs went. I'd love him to prove me wrong. I don't care who is our manager, only that they take us forward and make us properly competitive and win a few trophies.

Except Moron-hio. I never want that cùnt near the club. :lol: :censored: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Absolutely, if he does make good then fine...I'll admit he deserves our support etc etc...BUT there is still that Arrogance about him that goes beyond simple Confidence....

After watching yesterdays game and seeing how in-effective OhDearGawd was...and how good Bissouma was - That is another reason I don't think Farteta is the right person for the job... OhDeargawd = £30million Bissouma = £20Million

:?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:34 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:19 pm
rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I think you’ve just described a conspiracy. :lol:
No i stated that there is no plan or organised conspiring against the Arsenal as in conspiracy..as a fan am used to all the bias on radio and papers...its always been like that :D

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:51 pm
Absolutely, if he does make good then fine...I'll admit he deserves our support etc etc...BUT there is still that Arrogance about him that goes beyond simple Confidence....

After watching yesterdays game and seeing how in-effective OhDearGawd was...and how good Bissouma was - That is another reason I don't think Farteta is the right person for the job... OhDeargawd = £30million Bissouma = £20Million

:?
They play in different positions Ødegaard is a 10 and Bissouma is more a box to box pivot type who would have cost a lot more than 20 if we went for him.

I agree on Ødegaard, he’s on the periphery of most games but the alternative Maddison would have cost a load of money