Brenda Steptoe and Co A Sat 30th Oct KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Brenda Steptoe and Co A Sat 30th Oct KO 1230

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:55 pm
We are a team......after 10 years or more, we finally have a team not 3 or 4 decent individuals! Fucking brilliant!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
great we won...didnt watch it ...but

Wait till xakha gets back...he will slow it all up

odergaard is here to stay...along with pepe

so really could improve the team further....

shu

Post by shu »

John F wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:01 pm
I watched the first half then unfortunately had to rely on talk sport with Trevor Sinclair for the 2nd.First half was very good with that save by Ramsdale a highlight.I cannot comment on the 2nd as I have never heard such bias radio commentators in all my life.It was Leicester are brilliant,doing fantastic,great spirit and Arsenal barely getting a mention.I bet they had their blue and white bobble hats on.After listening to the 2nd half I was under the impression that we had just survived until I tuned into radio 5 for a summary that said we were very good. What did it for me was near the end of the match with a win almost guaranteed Sinclair comes out with Brendan can take heart from this second half display.
Totally agree on Radio 5

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Heard 2nd half on Talkspurs myself, totally anti Arsenal commentary, locals were cheering their team on so then they had a period of pressure for 20-25 mins, but were going quiet from 15 mins to go when we had a few close chances, they cleared off the line at one stage. They were still constantly praising the home team near the end when they had shot their bolt! :barscarf:

Back to R5 as soon as game is over, Talkshite totally crap radio station. :censored: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:00 pm
https://twitter.com/arseblog/status/1454439652736262146

Best save I have seen since Seaman vs Sheff Utd. Even Peter Schmeichel was waxing lyrical.

We have the best GK in the country boys. Pickford nahhh.
Absolutely. On both counts. :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:30 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:00 pm
https://twitter.com/arseblog/status/1454439652736262146

Best save I have seen since Seaman vs Sheff Utd. Even Peter Schmeichel was waxing lyrical.

We have the best GK in the country boys. Pickford nahhh.
Absolutely. On both counts. :barscarf:
Havnt seen the save yet but noticed previously Ramsdales energy and enthusiam seems to be rubbing off on Gabriel...who seems fired up as well

Looks like we have a proper keeper now at last.......

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Fuck me....will be hard pushed to see a better save than that.....incredible

having a keeper like that breaks the hearts of the opposition

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:39 pm
Heard 2nd half on Talkspurs myself, totally anti Arsenal commentary, locals were cheering their team on so then they had a period of pressure for 20-25 mins, but were going quiet from 15 mins to go when we had a few close chances, they cleared off the line at one stage. They were still constantly praising the home team near the end when they had shot their bolt! :barscarf:

Back to R5 as soon as game is over, Talkshite totally crap radio station. :censored: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Totally agree - R5 much better than Talkshite

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Lovely just lovely to cock these up the fartbox 8) I didn't see the game as I was working but I caught most of it on the radio.As has been mentioned the commentary on talkshite was irritating as fuck..it was as if they were willing the *word censored* back into the match :| arsewipes :oops: It sounds as if Ramsdale has a great game :barscarf: slightly worrying that he was called upon so often but a cracking win for us.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:01 pm
Lovely just lovely to cock these up the fartbox 8) I didn't see the game as I was working but I caught most of it on the radio.As has been mentioned the commentary on talkshite was irritating as fuck..it was as if they were willing the *word censored* back into the match :| arsewipes :oops: It sounds as if Ramsdale has a great game :barscarf: slightly worrying that he was called upon so often but a cracking win for us.
2nd half Leicester were the better team, they played through the lines in midfield numerous times and we were really under the cosh but at 2-0 down they needed to show some fight didn’t they ….may as well go down 3-0 on a breakaway as lose meekly 2-0.

Ramsdale was just brilliant - the best display I’ve seen by a keeper since Seaman away at the swamp back in 91 ?
Last edited by StuartL on Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it…...

Here we goooooo, Saka and Emile Smith Rowe

:barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:33 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:01 pm
2nd half Leicester were the better team, they played through the lines in midfield numerous times and we were really under the cosh but at 2-0 down they needed to show some fight didn’t they ….may as well go down 3-0 on a breakaway as lose meekly 2-0.

Ramsdale was just brilliant - the best display I’ve seen by a keeper since Seaman away at the swap back in 91 ?
I must admit I was a tad underwhelmed when we signed him for so much in the summer :oops: but with each passing week hes looking like a bargain. 8)

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Leicester did enough for at least a point but for Ramsdale. Im torn between the performance as the second half we were overrun almost the entire half, we could barely keep the ball in the second half and were ran ragged. I dreaded Leicester getting a goal back as it would have given a surge of momentum we might not have been able to see off.

I still think more should have been done in that second half, either to get a better footing in the game or be a better threat on the counter just to keep Leicester honest.

Although the league is really competitive at the moment. Liverpool, Chelsea, and City are the only teams I believe can win week to week on a consistent basis. For every other team an away trip is a potential slip up, so I guess you cant really complain when you win away to one of the teams have that been finishing in the top 6consistently in the past few years.

Ramsdale, Tavares, White all look good.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Excellent win today, had to dig in in the 2nd half and Ramsdale got us out of jail but nice to see us battle to a win and we seem to be going in the right direction :barscarf:

On a side note, I'm shocked anyone is surprised with talkshite being anti Arsenal, the entire channel is just one big clickbait bullshit exercise in which terrible ex players like Jamie O'Hara say dumb shit to rile people up enough to call in. I seen that super prick Jason Cundy getting alot of traction on Twitter today because he claimed the Ramsdale save at the end of the 1st half was routine and is a save that Mendy makes with Chelsea every week.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Totally outplayed second half after a decent first half. Ramsdale brilliant, we owe him the win. Auba waste of space up front. One good chance he had one on one with the keeper & he fucked it up - again. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

3 points off 3rd place.

5 points off 2nd. Above spurs ...

Ramsdale superb, lokonga slick and Smith Rowe his usual brilliant self. Huge credit to the manager for pushing us up the table although I don’t see many saying this,

Encouraging too that people managed to go a whole 90 minutes in a match we won without calling our own manager a whore or part of the female anatomy too this week good work :barscarf: