Brenda Steptoe and Co A Sat 30th Oct KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Brenda Steptoe and Co A Sat 30th Oct KO 1230

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:27 am
Looking forward to this one....hopefully arteta will keep same team as against villa

Ramsdale will be tested for sure....but we can win it ...will go for an away win.....1-2 to the mighty reds
Ramsdale certanly tested ...making 8 top saves including the incredible free kick effort from Maddison......came through with flying colours

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jayives wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:25 am
3 points off 3rd place.

5 points off 2nd. Above spurs ...

Ramsdale superb, lokonga slick and Smith Rowe his usual brilliant self. Huge credit to the manager for pushing us up the table although I don’t see many saying this,

Encouraging too that people managed to go a whole 90 minutes in a match we won without calling our own manager a whore or part of the female anatomy too this week good work :barscarf:
I dont particularly abuse arteta...and as manager hope he gets it right but still have huge reservations about the him........as an example the xakha support is worrying....

Would be delighted if we can nick a CL place or win a cup

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:33 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:01 pm
Lovely just lovely to cock these up the fartbox 8) I didn't see the game as I was working but I caught most of it on the radio.As has been mentioned the commentary on talkshite was irritating as fuck..it was as if they were willing the *word censored* back into the match :| arsewipes :oops: It sounds as if Ramsdale has a great game :barscarf: slightly worrying that he was called upon so often but a cracking win for us.
2nd half Leicester were the better team, they played through the lines in midfield numerous times and we were really under the cosh but at 2-0 down they needed to show some fight didn’t they ….may as well go down 3-0 on a breakaway as lose meekly 2-0.

Ramsdale was just brilliant - the best display I’ve seen by a keeper since Seaman away at the swap back in 91 ?
Agreed. Only thing comes close might be Seamo and the back four in Copenhagen 94 but that was more a collective effort.

I'll never forget that game against the scum in January 91. Seamo must have made about 8 or 9 saves and 5 or 6 of them were world class. We easily could have lost 5 nil that day. Oddly I always remember that game as the one we "should have" lost, not the chav game.

But hey what a day for the scum! They managed a nil all draw at home against the future champions! I wonder how many souvenir t-shirts and coffee mugs they sold? :oops: :lol:

That 91 team was so close to being the first Invincibles. A shame they missed it by one game. :(

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Jayives wrote:
3 points off 3rd place.

Ramsdale superb, lokonga slick and Smith Rowe his usual brilliant self. Huge credit to the manager for pushing us up the table although I don’t see many saying this,

Encouraging too that people managed to go a whole 90 minutes in a match we won without calling our own manager a whore or part of the female anatomy too this week good work :barscarf:
I'm delighted things have improved since the horrendous start to the season but personally I'm not giving Arteta huge credit because I think when it comes to yesterday we made a great start and then relied on our GK to be a one man wall. That isn't anything brilliant tactically from the manager, just hoping for the best. Let's see where we are going into the new year and what will happen when Arteta throws that clown Xhaka back in as soon as he's fit.

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:26 am
Jayives wrote:
3 points off 3rd place.

I'm delighted things have improved since the horrendous start to the season but personally I'm not giving Arteta huge credit because I think when it comes to yesterday we made a great start and then relied on our GK to be a one man wall. That isn't anything brilliant tactically from the manager, just hoping for the best. Let's see where we are going into the new year and what will happen when Arteta throws that clown Xhaka back in as soon as he's fit.
Happy to blame him when we are struggling yet won’t give credit when we are winning :lol: simply brilliant

Always gonna ride your luck at Leicester a bit. The truth is we look we look well organised and set up. ( look at the set pieces clearly being worked on in training)

Hopefully he will vary his teams and play lokonga but at some point he will have to rotate so we will see Xhaka unfortunately.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Jayives wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:04 am
BFG4 wrote:
Jayives wrote:
3 points off 3rd place.

Happy to blame him when we are struggling yet won’t give credit when we are winning :lol: simply brilliant

Always gonna ride your luck at Leicester a bit. The truth is we look we look well organised and set up. ( look at the set pieces clearly being worked on in training)

Hopefully he will vary his teams and play lokonga but at some point he will have to rotate so we will see Xhaka unfortunately.
What I'm saying is to simply claim he deserves credit because we won yesterday Is just reactionary nonsense. Our last 4 games were Brighton, Palace, Villa and Leicester, we were terrible in 2 of those, brilliant against Villa and just hung on for dear life yesterday, as I said let's see where we are later in the season. Also to suggest it's rotation that will lead to Xhaka coming in is just Laughable, Arteta rates him despite everyone else who has seen him playing knowing how awful he is. The club even tried to get rid of him in the summer but no one was dumb enough to take him.

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:25 am
Jayives wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Jayives wrote:
3 points off 3rd place.

What I'm saying is to simply claim he deserves credit because we won yesterday Is just reactionary nonsense. Our last 4 games were Brighton, Palace, Villa and Leicester, we were terrible in 2 of those, brilliant against Villa and just hung on for dear life yesterday, as I said let's see where we are later in the season. Also to suggest it's rotation that will lead to Xhaka coming in is just Laughable, Arteta rates him despite everyone else who has seen him playing knowing how awful he is. The club even tried to get rid of him in the summer but no one was dumb enough to take him.
We rode our luck at times yesterday but it was a 2 nil win we weren’t clinging on for dear life. Of course you aren’t going to keep committing players forward away from home againest a team known for its counter attacking it would have played into their hands.

shu

Post by shu »

It was a great result and we are slowly going in the right direction but hey it is only a week or so when we struggled with Palace . Arteta will pick Xhaka who most on here hate and then we wait for the moment of madness or not tracking back or simply the shit pass that causes us to lose the game .

The fact is they wanted him out and Arteta will pick the liability but at least we only have one after that twat Luiz went .

Great result Saturday but Arteta is like him at Man Utd

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:25 am
Jayives wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Jayives wrote:
3 points off 3rd place.

Agreed 100%. We haven't been destroying teams, we've looked shaky far too often and in many games have hung on for dear life. Martinez-Lite made some terrible substitutions throughout this run that often handed the initiative to the oppo when up to that point we had been comfortable in a game. He's too inexperienced and ego driven for a job of this magnitude.

Just the other day he was singing Clive's praises, saying how the team miss him and can't wait to have him back. What utter shit. He's either too stupid to see what's in front of his eyes or he is arrogantly ignoring it because like Wenger before him his ego tells him he cannot be told anything by lesser mortals.

Far more than anything Martinez-Lite has done, the main reason we have improved is the lack of a complete idiot strolling around the midfield giving possession away, giving stupid cheap free kicks away, slowing down our attacks, scaring the life out of the defenders behind him, frustrating the life out of the attackers in front of him, and pointing a lot in some desperate attempt to fool the uneducated into thinking he's a leader on the pitch. The minute the moronic Clive is fit, he'll walk back into this team and we'll be back to square one.

I said on another thread this is a run of form, helped hugely by Clive's absence. We haven't turned some mythical corner in the season. And sadly this run of form will end with a bang the minute the novice manager puts our worst player back in as first choice.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:08 am
Totally outplayed second half after a decent first half. Ramsdale brilliant, we owe him the win. Auba waste of space up front. One good chance he had one on one with the keeper & he fucked it up - again. :barscarf: :barscarf:
I do believe we will be a better team, once he has left.
He has scored some great goals, like FA cup final etc but hardly contributes to all round play.
Think we will miss Lacazette more than Auba - I’m not keen on his flashy image with the haircuts and cars etc and his over exhubitant celebration.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Seems to be a feel good factor around the team and fans again right now, both home and away for vocal and togetherness, long may it continue.
:barscarf:
Last edited by StuartL on Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:19 am
StuartL wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:33 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:01 pm
Lovely just lovely to cock these up the fartbox 8) I didn't see the game as I was working but I caught most of it on the radio.As has been mentioned the commentary on talkshite was irritating as fuck..it was as if they were willing the *word censored* back into the match :| arsewipes :oops: It sounds as if Ramsdale has a great game :barscarf: slightly worrying that he was called upon so often but a cracking win for us.
2nd half Leicester were the better team, they played through the lines in midfield numerous times and we were really under the cosh but at 2-0 down they needed to show some fight didn’t they ….may as well go down 3-0 on a breakaway as lose meekly 2-0.

Ramsdale was just brilliant - the best display I’ve seen by a keeper since Seaman away at the swap back in 91 ?
Agreed. Only thing comes close might be Seamo and the back four in Copenhagen 94 but that was more a collective effort.

I'll never forget that game against the scum in January 91. Seamo must have made about 8 or 9 saves and 5 or 6 of them were world class. We easily could have lost 5 nil that day. Oddly I always remember that game as the one we "should have" lost, not the chav game.

But hey what a day for the scum! They managed a nil all draw at home against the future champions! I wonder how many souvenir t-shirts and coffee mugs they sold? :oops: :lol:

That 91 team was so close to being the first Invincibles. A shame they missed it by one game. :(
Was in the Park Lane end and I think Old Jug Ears 👂🏻 (Ooops I called him a childish name ) had 2 or maybe 3 clear cut chance / one on one’s and Seaman stopped everything.
I think Ramsdale’s performance yesterday tops that .

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:31 am
Seems to be a feel good factor around the team and fans again right now, both home and away for vocal and togetherness, long may it continue.
:barscarf:
100% :barscarf:

fantastic atmosphere before and after the home games v villa and spurs.

The new players seem to striking a real affinity with the fans especially Ramsdale.

There’s a lot to like about this young team in truth and the good atmosphere in the ground and in the pubs is at complete odds with the perpetual anguish and stuff you read on the internet from folks. I really don’t see it reflected in the match going supporters.

Onwards and upwards :barscarf:

wibble

Post by wibble »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:30 pm

Ramsdale, Tavares, White all look good.
I was pleased with the Ramsdale signing but have been surprised at how quickly he has established himself as our number 1, been very pleasing.

Tavares has been a good signing and given how often tierney is injured will get a good amount of games and importantly keeps kolasinic away from the starting eleven.

White has been hit and miss so far but seems to be forming a good partnership with Gabriel and hopefully that will continue to build.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Watched MOTD last night and the foul by Evans the Rapist on Auba only gets a Yellow card, whereas the same very similar foul by $hitty's LaPorte gets a Full Red, they were almost identical fouls, yet Michael Oliver only dished out a Yellow.

So why the fuck didn't he at least check in with VAR...Pointless I know as they never give anything Clear and Obvious to us.

Also my thought and comments on Odegaard Oooops! I mean OhDearGawd remain - He is way too lightweight for the prem and shirks tackles & challenges, gave the ball away countless times yesterday, basically contributing nothing, yet FARTETA refuses to play Martinelli, who would at least chase down defenders get in their faces and even contribute to breakaways and attacks...

That Ramsdale Save was "Magical"... Unless he gets injured or makes some serious fuck-ups surely there's no way back to No1 spot for Leno?