Brenda Steptoe and Co A Sat 30th Oct KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Brenda Steptoe and Co A Sat 30th Oct KO 1230

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:31 pm
Only saw the game up as far as 1 nil to us so not sure how to rest went but 3 points away from home and a clean sheet will do me fucking nicely thank you very much.

The results and performances these last few games have been really impressive, the coma football seems to have been binned and we look like a proper outfit at last.

I was very much meh about the signing of Ramsdale but not alone have I been massively impressed about his attitude he’s not backing it up with performances. A team can’t have enough of players with that kind of fight and desire.

ONWARDS :barscarf:
Hands up I too was completely meh about the signing of Ramsdale but certainly willing to give the lad a chance. And he has been superb so far. A proper ENGLISH keeper like Seamo was. No fancy trying to look like a ballerina on acid with the kicks outs old bollocks like your Continentals. Just good old school agile strong domination in the box. And his distribution is mostly excellent. And he seems so old school down to earth in a kind of "I can't believe I play for The Arsenal" way. Love him. 8)

Fuck off Butter Wrists. And who the fuck was Emi Martinez anyway?! :wink:

Didn't see the game but please someone confirm we were singing "Aaron Ramsdale he's better than you" at Schmeichel-Lite. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:37 pm
Up to 5th AND Above the scum :barscarf:
:barscarf: :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We are a team......after 10 years or more, we finally have a team not 3 or 4 decent individuals! Fucking brilliant!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Loved Ramsdale's banter with the Leicester fans. He's got character and backs it up with his play. All round good performance. We controlled that game, even when under pressure. Thought that was Partey's best game for us. Makes such a difference when he's on his game.
Finally, the team had a chance to go level on points with 4th place and they took it. They didn't bottle it for a change. Massive result for this team and the manager.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Brenda’s rattled, blaming some non existent foul 4 minutes before our first goal for the loss.

Fucking fanny head :lol:

That blonde in the studio would get it all off Roddaz. Stunning.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

What an interview! What a guy! Bit of a man crush brewing here! :shock:

:barscarf: :barscarf:

♫♩♬♪

"Aaron Ramsdale he's better than you!"

♫♩♬♪

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://twitter.com/arseblog/status/1454439652736262146

Best save I have seen since Seaman vs Sheff Utd. Even Peter Schmeichel was waxing lyrical.

We have the best GK in the country boys. Pickford nahhh.

shu

Post by shu »

Yes he is turning out to be the best signing and a couple of the others don’t look too bad too . Ramsdale is super :D

rich31

Post by rich31 »

Really good result and performance.There was more than a touch of George Graham about that defensive display.Gabriel and Ramsdale were outstanding i thought as were the travelling fans from what i heard.
Not convinced by Arteta still ,but to see us play like we actually care and to get a good result on the road makes it a happy day.. :barscarf: :D :cheers:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Excellent result today. Like a few of you I didn't see the game so looking forward to MOTD.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

rich31 wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:08 pm
Really good result and performance.There was more than a touch of George Graham about that defensive display.Gabriel and Ramsdale were outstanding i thought as were the travelling fans from what i heard.
Not convinced by Arteta still ,but to see us play like we actually care and to get a good result on the road makes it a happy day.. :barscarf: :D :cheers:
There was one moment with our defence in the first half which gave me chills, one of theirs slotted a ball through the defence and their player ran offside, in the replay there was a shot of our back four in a perfect line hands raised and the player blatantly two yards offside, yeah it was a one off but it just gave me such a flashback to better days

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:20 pm
rich31 wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:08 pm
There was one moment with our defence in the first half which gave me chills, one of theirs slotted a ball through the defence and their player ran offside, in the replay there was a shot of our back four in a perfect line hands raised and the player blatantly two yards offside, yeah it was a one off but it just gave me such a flashback to better days
Oohh getting tingles just thinking about that! One of the first times I saw The Back Five really close up was at Highbury in maybe 91. Was front row West stand lower right down the end beside the NB. I couldn't believe the amount of talking Big Tone did. He never stopped coralling that line, moving them up and down all half. You see it on TV or from further up in a stand and its still impressive, but when you're that close and can hear the communication between them it is a thing of beauty. 8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

FFS Laporte sent off for hauling down Saha in almost identical circumstances to Evans on Auba :roll:

John F

Post by John F »

I watched the first half then unfortunately had to rely on talk sport with Trevor Sinclair for the 2nd.First half was very good with that save by Ramsdale a highlight.I cannot comment on the 2nd as I have never heard such bias radio commentators in all my life.It was Leicester are brilliant,doing fantastic,great spirit and Arsenal barely getting a mention.I bet they had their blue and white bobble hats on.After listening to the 2nd half I was under the impression that we had just survived until I tuned into radio 5 for a summary that said we were very good. What did it for me was near the end of the match with a win almost guaranteed Sinclair comes out with Brendan can take heart from this second half display.

augie

Post by augie »

I put this on arteta thread earlier - maybe I should have put it here

No coincidence that we went out of the game totally for a while when he subbed laca for odeargod (who continues to contribute fcuk all) - when you are under a small bit of pressure like we were at the time, talking off your centre forward means that you have no-one up there to hold up the ball and it invites more pressure onto the team.

Also needs to be said that had ramsdale not made 4 or 5 unbelievable saves, that is a game that we would have lost. Feels really bizarre saying that cos I felt that we played really well, but yet they created some excellent chances against a keeper who would not be beaten.

I thought that gabriel and partey were also outstanding today, and odeargod and pepe were shit when they came on