DB10 not well Vanity Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

DB10 not well Vanity Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ah fuck it .... I wasn't gonna put this on here but feeling shit so here goes.

Been in hospital since 8am yesterday morning. They found some weird holes and lesions in some of the disks in my spine and there is some fucking weird shit growing in them.... it's either osteophytes which are also called "bone spurs" (what a cunty name!) or the fucking dreaded Big C.

I had an MRI a couple weeks ago which showed up some shit and led to a lower spinal CT Scan, which led to them hospitalising me, which led to a contrast dye CT Scan of my full spine, and about 25 pints worth of blood tests...

Am now being kept in for the next week or so to undergo a full body PET Scan, a camera into my bladder and a Colonoscopy.... I've already warned them they're gonna find some chick's lost finger nail from 1998 up there.... 8)

Joking aside, the missus is distraught and we haven't told the kids anything past dad's in for some check ups. I'm genuinely worried, gotta be honest.

So if you are of a religious persuasion maybe say a prayer for old DB. If not I will accept kind thoughts or even a fingers crossed.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: DB10 not well Vanity Thread

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:20 pm

Been in hospital since 8am yesterday morning. They found some weird holes and lesions in some of the disks in my spine and there is some fucking weird shit growing in them.... it's either osteophytes which are also called "bone spurs" (what a cunty name!) or the fucking dreaded Big C.

I had an MRI a couple weeks ago which showed up some shit and led to a lower spinal CT Scan, which led to them hospitalising me, which led to a contrast dye CT Scan of my full spine, and about 25 pints worth of blood tests...

Am now being kept in for the next week or so to undergo a full body PET Scan, a camera into my bladder and a Colonoscopy.... I've already warned them they're gonna find some chick's lost finger nail from 1998 up there.... 8)

Joking aside, the missus is distraught and we haven't told the kids anything past dad's in for some check ups. I'm genuinely worried, gotta be honest.

So if you are of a religious persuasion maybe say a prayer for old DB. If not I will accept kind thoughts or even a fingers crossed.
I’m not at all religious mate, but I will send good thoughts and best wishes your way, along with man hugs 🤗

Ps if you can get any photo’s of lovely nurses, in or out of uniform. I’m sure Onebard would appreciate it.

All the best DB10, at least on your mod salary you can afford to go private.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:42 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

I’m not at all religious mate, but I will send good thoughts and best wishes your way, along with man hugs 🤗

Ps if you can get any photo’s of lovely nurses, in or out of uniform. I’m sure Onebard would appreciate it.

All the best DB10, at least on your mod salary you can afford to go private.
Cheers Stuart, much appreciated. 8) No dropping the hand during the man hug though, bro.

Have to admit the Limo drive up to the hospital was lovely. :wink:

Nurses here are not lovely physically. Lovely people absolutely, but me no wanna fucky fucky any of them. Which is odd for me. :shock:

:wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Crikey mate, I will say a prayer and send you all the best I can, it sounds awful, I don't blame you for feeling crap, I feel crap for you mate.

Here's wishing you the best.

NB
Let's hope they haven't run out of KY jelly :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:15 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Crikey mate, I will say a prayer and send you all the best I can, it sounds awful, I don't blame you for feeling crap, I feel crap for you mate.

NB
:lol:

Thanks mate that made me laugh. :lol: 8)

But also now praying they have a good supply of KY. Scented, hopefully. :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:28 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:15 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

NB

Thanks mate that made me laugh. :lol: 8)

But also now praying they have a good supply of KY. Scented, hopefully. :wink:

Fanny batter scented 8)

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Shit, sorry to hear that but I doubt the nurses would want to "entertain" you anyway. Also very sorry to hear about your health which we all hope turns out ok. Meanwhile, who's minding the store?!

shu

Post by shu »

Over on the right wing :D we will say one of our prayers for you mate . They usually do help matters !
Take care
Shu F

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

1000% Mate....

Don't worry about this place - EVERYONE will behave - even Augie! :D

btw: Very brave of you to share... well you know what we Blokes are like :roll: :?

God Bless DB.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Best wishes mate. Thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Best wishes DB10. Sad to read what you're going through. I'll be sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family whilst wearing my AFC rose tinted glasses.
Having a colonoscopy gives a whole new meaning to that famous Arsenal expression "Up the Arse". Never liked it. All the best fellow Goober.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Let us know who’s cock they find in there 😀
The nurses must be rough if you won’t shag them
In my thoughts and best wishes
Gazza

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Shit news DB, fingers crossed it turns out to be someone’s old spunk clogging up the holes, must have been a big boy to hit your spine!!

Seriously though, sending my very best wishes, try to stay positive, sounds like they’re giving you the works which is very important.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Stay strong & keep smiling. Brave post, but it does help to share stuff like this. Best wishes to you & yours. :barscarf: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

If anything happens to you, does that mean there will be a Moderator post available?
If so can you put my name forward? :wink:
All joking aside, I hope everything goes well and I wish you only the best.
Things like this and the uncertainty are everybody's worst nightmare, but I'm sure you will pull through no matter what the outcome, so stay positive.