Watford wankstains H Sun 7th Nov KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Watford wankstains H Sun 7th Nov KO 2pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up it's this shower at ours.Interesting that they went Goodison and walloped them 5-2 in their last away game,I thought they might build on that today but they lost to Soton at home.It could be anything..They could be shite...we could be shite....the game could be shite :rubchin: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Re: Watford wankstains H Sun 7th Nov KO 2pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

Hoping our run of form continues but I have no faith in Martinez-Lite and keep expecting us to take a hiding. This might be that game.... who knows...?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Excellent Thread Title FG! :high5:

At least we don't have to worry about Troy Deene (sp?) bullying our defence...

We should destroy these if ..... IF we Turn-up and play like we have the last 2 games.

#COYG

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:45 am
Hoping our run of form continues but I have no faith in Martinez-Lite and keep expecting us to take a hiding. This might be that game.... who knows...?
I think we will win this but I have that uneasy feeling that the tactic of dropping back after a good 30minutes and allowing a team to control the area in front of our defence is going to get punished.Once a team does manage to break through I think it will be very hard for Arsenal to readjust to start regaining the centre of the pitch.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The most consistently inconsistent team in the league come to town.

This could be anything from 5-0 to 2-3 depending which version of each team turns up (hopefully the former!). I watched the highlights of their win against Everton and the lads going forward are like lightning, so any counter attacking threat will need to be closely watched. However, at the back against Liverpool and the other games I've seen they are absolutely pathetic with geriatric Foster between the sticks.

One thing it won't be is 0-0 (he says.....famous last words)

Hopefully a nice comfortable win before the testing weeks ahead

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:53 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:45 am
I think we will win this but I have that uneasy feeling that the tactic of dropping back after a good 30minutes and allowing a team to control the area in front of our defence is going to get punished.Once a team does manage to break through I think it will be very hard for Arsenal to readjust to start regaining the centre of the pitch.
That's my fear. Martinez-Lite just seems too keen to demonstrate that he is smarter than everyone else and sees the game "on a different intellectual level". His substitutions too often put us under unnecessary pressure where previously we would have been comfortable and sometimes dominant in games.

This tactic of hanging on for the last 20 minutes is going to fuck us. We don't have the quality of defence to do it game after game. Not yet anyway.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Another win on the cards....same team again hopefully..3-1 to the Famous Arsenal

SE12red

Post by SE12red »

The joy of watching Ben Foster time wasting from the first minute of the game .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SE12red wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:37 pm
:lol:

Yep that's always entertaining.... followed by the small club song of "same old Arsenal, always cheatizzzzzzzzzzzzzz". :roll: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SE12red wrote:
Yeah! Very True.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:20 pm
SE12red wrote:
:lol:

Yep that's always entertaining.... followed by the small club song of "same old Arsenal, always cheatizzzzzzzzzzzzzz". :roll: :lol:

And of course only After one of their neanderthals has hacked one of our players down.....

augie

Post by augie »

My eldest lad is travelling over for this and is bringing his girlfriend for the first time (yes I know the old taking her up the arse saying :lol: ). When we booked the trip we werent aware of the requirement to be at airport two and a half hours before the flight and that is problematic seeing as he has an early flight, but the biggest issue could be flying back cos he will be under time pressure anyway

Regarding the game, I expect this to be a stroll in the park where we will win 4-0 or 4-1. It might have been closer if they still had the fat deeney c.unt, but they have a spineless team imo, and they will collapse when they go behind

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Auba will be MOM again for doing fuck all & missing a couple of sitters + tapping in from 6 yds. You'll all still love him. Give a youngster a go & offload him in January. 2-1. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

We could definitely do with scoring some goals as we've only got 12 so far.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

From the BBC pre-game info:

TEAM NEWS

Arsenal defender Kieran Tierney has returned to training following an ankle injury and manager Mikel Arteta is hopeful the Scot will be available.

Still think Tavares should keep playing...ie: Don't change a winning team, also he has done nothing wrong to warrant being left out.

The only absentee confirmed by Arteta, who takes charge of his 100th game on Sunday, is midfielder Granit Xhaka.

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Hope the cun.t stays injured till his contract expires... :barscarf: