Red bin dipping * Uninvincible filth A Sat 20th Nov KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Red bin dipping * Uninvincible filth A Sat 20th Nov KO 1730

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:10 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:30 pm
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:14 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:06 pm
Currently drowning in Estrella something I highly recommend.
I'm still hangifrom my birthday yesterday, I've topped up on chardonnay, I'm fuckin numb :barscarf:
Happy Birthday for yesterday mate! :cheers: :barscarf:
Cheers mate, I feel pretty squiffy, I've off kayaking 30 miles downtown symonds yat that has Grade 3 waters, I going to drown today ffs :lol:
Symonds Yat!!!? I know it well ....and the Fabulous River Wye. :D It's not your birthday every day so you iz well allowed to be "Squiffy" :D Have a greasy Fry Up that'l either fix you or finish you off! :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Jayives wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:14 am
xisstential wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:18 am
Jayives wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:52 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:24 pm
I've never believed in Arteta, he was a bang average player and he is an even worse manager. He has that same stroppy, "I know better", Wenger attitude. While we were on the "unbeaten" run I never got excited about it once, ever thinking, maybe, just maybe....Instead the reality is, one is waiting for the inevitable hammering and it arrived today. We could easily have lost to Brighton (probably should have) and definitely should have lost to CP. I knew as soon as we faced anybody half decent, we would get shown up. As DB so often says, there are too many poor teams for us to ever get into a relegation battle, BUT, we are a mid table team and we will remain there with Arteta in charge. Win a few, lose the important ones, couple of draws, win a few, get HAMMERED....basically tread water around the middle of the table....and on and on it will go......... The thing is Arteta is not going to lose enough games on the bounce to get fired, so we are stuck with him.
Were 5th not mid table though :lol: :lol:

We’ve played well recently as hard as it to accept though right ?
It's arguable....how well did we play, did we consistently dominate and sweep aside lower level teams?? We will NOT compete for top honours...Arteta Will NOT get us there.

1-0 v Norwich
1 - 0 v Burnley

Desperate draws against CP and Brighton.

Decent wins against Leicester and AV.

And as soon as we face a top 6 side, we not only lose but get HAMMERED. I reckon we'll finish around 8th.
It remains to be seen if the manager can return us to glory days with all the oil money around these days but there’s no doubt we are improving as his tenure continues so there’s no reason for the level of despondency every time we don’t get the result we seek. It’s always going to be hard for us at anfield and the etihad it doesn’t even need saying and our results against the bigger sides with this manager have improved and we look more organised

Think Ian Wright summed it up right last night, bad result but no real reason to lose the plot. People need to get a grip and move on
Oil money? Liverpool's oil money, or Spurs or Leicester or any number of teams that have finished above us in recent seasons?

Man City and Chelsea have resources to shame everyone else. United spend ridiculous money too. That aside nobody has any financial advantage over us (until Newcastle finally let loose)

Arteta and Solskjaer are illustrating the point perfectly - between the pair of them they're outspending most teams and still serving up shit.

A "bad result", mentioned as if its some kind of one off rare event

Last season when they were shit they rolled us over 6-1 over two games. City 0-5, Chelsea 0-2 when it could have been ten. Our keeper was our best player in a four nil defeat. Its just the latest in a long line of batterings and 160m invested and virtually zero injuries have made no difference

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
I'm still hangifrom my birthday yesterday, I've topped up on chardonnay, I'm fuckin numb :barscarf:
Cheers mate, I feel pretty squiffy, I've off kayaking 30 miles downtown symonds yat that has Grade 3 waters, I going to drown today ffs :lol:
Happy belated birthday Lefty buddy. :barscarf:

Try not drown mate!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

As I expected the wheels came off against a decent side, never mind lads, respect the process.

Arteta is too inexperienced to be managing a club with top 4 aspirations never mind 'allegedly' wishing to challenge. He should be plying his trade as a number two or learning in a lower league as no 1.

Again it is not just his fault there is a certain arrogance in football these days especially amongst ex-players who think because they played at a high level they can immediately jump into another profession at the highest level.

As with overextending Wenger's tenure time and time again they will persist with Arteta because they still do not understand football management is not just about coaching :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:00 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Happy belated birthday Lefty buddy. :barscarf:

Try not drown mate!
Cheers mate, hope you are feeling better and best of luck with the results.

Well I didn't drown although got a little wet,also picked the day the wind picked up lol

Back now topping up fir tge third day,, I need to detox for a week or so lol

LeftfootlegendGooner

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:49 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Symonds Yat!!!? I know it well ....and the Fabulous River Wye. :D It's not your birthday every day so you iz well allowed to be "Squiffy" :D Have a greasy Fry Up that'l either fix you or finish you off! :wink:
Cheers mate, yes it is beautiful, the scenery is amazing and you only get to see a lot of it from the river unless you own land around it, you can hire Canadian canoes from where I get in and that's a good day if you want to take family etc, we took our dogs once, spent most of the time in the river trying to get them back in as every time we slowed down they jumped out and into the river :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Who is this Squiffy guy that you think is pretty ?
Hope he bought you a drink for your birthday 🎂 🍺?
Hope you had a good weekend despite the result.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The final score line looks worse than we actually performed. Just before they scored their first goal we had a spell of possession during which the previously quiet anfield crowd jeered us loudly. We were getting to them. Liverpool have 5-6 world class players in the starting 11, we don't have anyone close to that level. When they all step up and perform to their maximum this is what they do to teams. For the first time in 3-4 seasons Liverpool had to play at their maximum to beat us.
I'm reminded of the '87/'88 season when a young Graham Arsenal team on a decent run of form got blown away by the brilliant Liverpool team of that era. It feels the same. We are finally getting there. We just need patience after this performance. I will go as far as saying, when we play them at home in April, we'll beat this Liverpool team.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:41 pm
The final score line looks worse than we actually performed. Just before they scored their first goal we had a spell of possession during which the previously quiet anfield crowd jeered us loudly. We were getting to them. Liverpool have 5-6 world class players in the starting 11, we don't have anyone close to that level. When they all step up and perform to their maximum this is what they do to teams. For the first time in 3-4 seasons Liverpool had to play at their maximum to beat us.
I'm reminded of the '87/'88 season when a young Graham Arsenal team on a decent run of form got blown away by the brilliant Liverpool team of that era. It feels the same. We are finally getting there. We just need patience after this performance. I will go as far as saying, when we play them at home in April, we'll beat this Liverpool team.
The final score looks BETTER than we performed - did you miss the endless saves that Ramsdale made? Honestly, 7-0 wouldn't have flattered them

As for the 87/88 comparison, I remember us getting narrowly beaten 1-0 at home in the league by an Ian Rush goal. I don't recall 4 or 5 goal stuffings where we barely register a shot on goal

This team is nothing like that vintage

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:06 pm
Nos89 wrote:
The final score looks BETTER than we performed - did you miss the endless saves that Ramsdale made? Honestly, 7-0 wouldn't have flattered them

As for the 87/88 comparison, I remember us getting narrowly beaten 1-0 at home in the league by an Ian Rush goal. I don't recall 4 or 5 goal stuffings where we barely register a shot on goal

The first half yes I don’t think was too bad.
The second half was worrying - as bad as anything I have seen in the last 10-15 years.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

We wont match that scouse side for desire, teamwork effort or skill, men against boys...Tavares, nuno, AMN Auba FFS the list goes on
Only Ramsdale comes out with any credit

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Don't you remember the 3-0 hammering in 1987 at Anfield? After that we learnt as a team how to play them and then we killed them off.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:38 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Don't you remember the 3-0 hammering in 1987 at Anfield? After that we learnt as a team how to play them and then we killed them off.
FFS if we played that game again 10 times we wouldnt win it......saw with your own eyes we are miles behind them fuckers..add chavs and City to that as well....

LeftfootlegendGooner

StuartL wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:04 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Who is this Squiffy guy that you think is pretty ?
Hope he bought you a drink for your birthday 🎂 🍺?
Hope you had a good weekend despite the result.
:lol:

I've Said too much already :lol:

Yes had a great one thanks mate, the result temporarily put me in a shit mood but I get over those results a lot quicker than I used to.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:56 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:38 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

FFS if we played that game again 10 times we wouldnt win it......saw with your own eyes we are miles behind them fuckers..add chavs and City to that as well....
I'm pretty sure that's how Liverpool supporters used to think when we ruled the top 4 for 20 years. Never give up hoping we'll be back up there ahead of those 3. Football is cyclical and our time will come again, and it'll be sooner rather than later.