Red bin dipping * Uninvincible filth A Sat 20th Nov KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: Red bin dipping * Uninvincible filth A Sat 20th Nov KO 1730

Post by BFG4 »

There are far too many of our fanbase who jump for joy at a few decent results and think everything is fixed, when anyone could see our recent run of form was against shit teams and in most of those games we just grinded out results. Today showed that when the level of opposition is decent then we will crumble. That's another thing, L'Pool are just decent, not great, it's not a coincidence that Brighton and West Ham could cause them huge problems but they suddenly looked like world beaters against our lot. An ambitious club would have sacked Arteta long ago but we will continue to kick the can down the road and allow this spoofer to stay in the job.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Why would our players care - they'll still get payed !. Sad performance. :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:14 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:06 pm
Currently drowning in Estrella something I highly recommend.
I'm still hangifrom my birthday yesterday, I've topped up on chardonnay, I'm fuckin numb :barscarf:
Happy (belated) birthday mon ami, glad to hear you’re celebrating in style. Always keep one drink ahead of a bad result is my motto, hopefully we stuff Newcastle next Saturday and restore some order to my fucking liver.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

We need a top striker and a top centre midfielder. What we have currently is seriously subpar. Aubameyang needs to go to the US/China or whatever. I’ve never rated him that much, but he’s clearly way past his modest best.

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

Bad result granted but it must be a serious achievement for many here to fill out their tax return without committing suicide given some of the comments :lol:

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:24 pm
I've never believed in Arteta, he was a bang average player and he is an even worse manager. He has that same stroppy, "I know better", Wenger attitude. While we were on the "unbeaten" run I never got excited about it once, ever thinking, maybe, just maybe....Instead the reality is, one is waiting for the inevitable hammering and it arrived today. We could easily have lost to Brighton (probably should have) and definitely should have lost to CP. I knew as soon as we faced anybody half decent, we would get shown up. As DB so often says, there are too many poor teams for us to ever get into a relegation battle, BUT, we are a mid table team and we will remain there with Arteta in charge. Win a few, lose the important ones, couple of draws, win a few, get HAMMERED....basically tread water around the middle of the table....and on and on it will go......... The thing is Arteta is not going to lose enough games on the bounce to get fired, so we are stuck with him.
Were 5th not mid table though :lol: :lol:

We’ve played well recently as hard as it to accept though right ?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:39 pm
rodders999 wrote:
I'm still hangifrom my birthday yesterday, I've topped up on chardonnay, I'm fuckin numb :barscarf:
Happy (belated) birthday mon ami, glad to hear you’re celebrating in style. Always keep one drink ahead of a bad result is my motto, hopefully we stuff Newcastle next Saturday and restore some order to my fucking liver.
:lol:

Thank you man, I'm literally topped up now but very happy m, I didn't expect anything today from The Arsenal and I wasn't disappointed, still I will enjoy the night :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Happy Birthday for yesterday mate! :cheers: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Captain Blacks post match interview on BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59362988

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

This was just more of the usual shite at that horrible place :| I fully expected a turdholing and a turdholing is what we got.Itll be interesting to see how we do in the coming weeks :rubchin:
Toon H then aways at manure and Everton followed by homes against Soton and West Ham.After today's shit show and the battering to our confidence i think we could drop a few more points.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Just not as good as Liverpool.

Didn't expect to win but still would have preferred a more respectable score line.

That being said, United got battered again today and Harry McGuire had another calamity performance.

4th is still reasonable

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Jayives wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:52 pm
xisstential wrote:
I've never believed in Arteta, he was a bang average player and he is an even worse manager. He has that same stroppy, "I know better", Wenger attitude. While we were on the "unbeaten" run I never got excited about it once, ever thinking, maybe, just maybe....Instead the reality is, one is waiting for the inevitable hammering and it arrived today. We could easily have lost to Brighton (probably should have) and definitely should have lost to CP. I knew as soon as we faced anybody half decent, we would get shown up. As DB so often says, there are too many poor teams for us to ever get into a relegation battle, BUT, we are a mid table team and we will remain there with Arteta in charge. Win a few, lose the important ones, couple of draws, win a few, get HAMMERED....basically tread water around the middle of the table....and on and on it will go......... The thing is Arteta is not going to lose enough games on the bounce to get fired, so we are stuck with him.

It's arguable....how well did we play, did we consistently dominate and sweep aside lower level teams?? We will NOT compete for top honours...Arteta Will NOT get us there.

1-0 v Norwich
1 - 0 v Burnley

Desperate draws against CP and Brighton.

Decent wins against Leicester and AV.

And as soon as we face a top 6 side, we not only lose but get HAMMERED. I reckon we'll finish around 8th.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Sad to say what we have learnt from City, Chavs and Liverpool is we are miles off the pace, and not likely to get there any time soon.....

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:18 am
Jayives wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:52 pm
xisstential wrote:

It's arguable....how well did we play, did we consistently dominate and sweep aside lower level teams?? We will NOT compete for top honours...Arteta Will NOT get us there.

1-0 v Norwich
1 - 0 v Burnley

Desperate draws against CP and Brighton.

Decent wins against Leicester and AV.

And as soon as we face a top 6 side, we not only lose but get HAMMERED. I reckon we'll finish around 8th.
It remains to be seen if the manager can return us to glory days with all the oil money around these days but there’s no doubt we are improving as his tenure continues so there’s no reason for the level of despondency every time we don’t get the result we seek. It’s always going to be hard for us at anfield and the etihad it doesn’t even need saying and our results against the bigger sides with this manager have improved and we look more organised

Think Ian Wright summed it up right last night, bad result but no real reason to lose the plot. People need to get a grip and move on

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:30 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Happy Birthday for yesterday mate! :cheers: :barscarf:
Cheers mate, I feel pretty squiffy, I've off kayaking 30 miles downtown symonds yat that has Grade 3 waters, I going to drown today ffs :lol: