Red bin dipping * Uninvincible filth A Sat 20th Nov KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilson2.0

Re: Red bin dipping * Uninvincible filth A Sat 20th Nov KO 1730

Post by wilson2.0 »

If we go their timid and conservative we are waiting to be eaten.

Best hope of getting a result is to try and make a game of it.

Ramsdale

Tomiyasu White Gabriel Tavares

Partey Lokonga

ESR Odegaard Saka

PEA

Tomiyasu and Tavares to get forward and join the attack, ESR and Saka have the energy to get up and down. and play Lokonga, dont be 'safe' and play Elneny next to Partey.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We’re capable of getting something but the mentality will be all wrong I expect. Arteta will go there and be ‘careful’ and it won’t work. I’m expecting a 3-0 defeat.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:28 pm
If we go their timid and conservative we are waiting to be eaten.

Best hope of getting a result is to try and make a game of it.

Ramsdale

Tomiyasu White Gabriel Tavares

Partey Lokonga

ESR Odegaard Saka

PEA

Tomiyasu and Tavares to get forward and join the attack, ESR and Saka have the energy to get up and down. and play Lokonga, dont be 'safe' and play Elneny next to Partey.
Yes that would be our best line up...BUT i have a feeling AMN will play....going to be interesting to see how they fare

Just seen Odergaard...no he will be lost at anfield with the high energy closing down game the scouse play...

marka123

Post by marka123 »

Got a good feeling about this today for once. I'm usually the most pessimistic b'stard when it comes to Arsenal in recent years.

Mind you, it could be that I'm buzzing about a day in the pub as my wife is away visiting her mum, back of the net!!! :barscarf:

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Have to disagree with some of the above. Look to Manchester Utd for an example of what can happen when a fairly decent team come out against Liverpool with a “we can play a bit. let’s go toe to toe with them” attitude. Our recent successes have come off the back of being very well organised and strong defensively and sitting back and frustrating the opposition for periods of the game. Then when we do gain possession, we have been very effective, particularly when the opposition have committed men forward pressing for a goal. We are not going to dominate possession so we need a very balanced approach.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

cameron326 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:55 am
Have to disagree with some of the above. Look to Manchester Utd for an example of what can happen when a fairly decent team come out against Liverpool with a “we can play a bit. let’s go toe to toe with them” attitude. Our recent successes have come off the back of being very well organised and strong defensively and sitting back and frustrating the opposition for periods of the game. Then when we do gain possession, we have been very effective, particularly when the opposition have committed men forward pressing for a goal. We are not going to dominate possession so we need a very balanced approach.
Man Uniteds defence has bottomed out beneath the floor in the past 6 or so weeks. In Harry McGuire they have a perpetual accident and some of the defending by United has been comical. Even Leicester ripped them apart putting 4 past them where we kept a clean sheet away to Leicester. Man City could also have run up the score in their 2-0 won at Old Trafford. United are a dogs breakfast at the back at the moment where as we have seen massive improvement. I wouldn't compare our defending to theirs. Liverpool will find putting the ball past Ramsdale harder they they did against De Gea.

I wouldnt advocate going toe to toe with Liverpool on an equal basis. I think its safe to assume for the majority of the game they will have the run of play. However the degree to which we acknowledge they are a better team needs to be limited. We do need to believe we can get at them and score past them. We need to force their defenders to acknowledge the quality of PEA, Saka and ESR. We cant spend the whole game shitting ourselves against the quality of their attack.

I dont want to see AMN or Elneny ahead of Lokonga. I actually think Odegaard should start too for some final ball quality. Liverpool will press and without some quality passing we will keep turning the ball over.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ah well the decent run was good while it lasted :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:37 am
cameron326 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:55 am
Man Uniteds defence has bottomed out beneath the floor in the past 6 or so weeks. In Harry McGuire they have a perpetual accident and some of the defending by United has been comical. Even Leicester ripped them apart putting 4 past them where we kept a clean sheet away to Leicester. Man City could also have run up the score in their 2-0 won at Old Trafford. United are a dogs breakfast at the back at the moment where as we have seen massive improvement. I wouldn't compare our defending to theirs. Liverpool will find putting the ball past Ramsdale harder they they did against De Gea.

I wouldnt advocate going toe to toe with Liverpool on an equal basis. I think its safe to assume for the majority of the game they will have the run of play. However the degree to which we acknowledge they are a better team needs to be limited. We do need to believe we can get at them and score past them. We need to force their defenders to acknowledge the quality of PEA, Saka and ESR. We cant spend the whole game shitting ourselves against the quality of their attack.

I dont want to see AMN or Elneny ahead of Lokonga. I actually think Odegaard should start too for some final ball quality. Liverpool will press and without some quality passing we will keep turning the ball over.
Yes accurate quick passing is key to their press agreed...holding the ball will be hard enough without giving it away....Laca holds it up well upfront...without him its just going to keep coming back...and we will concede
Lets see what the line up is...interesting

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I'd just like us to be in the game with 15-20 minutes to he go. Drubbings in theses sort of games have become the norm unfortunately, need that to change today.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

We'd actually go above these bastards if we beat them.
That said, if we get anything even a loss but a good performance, then that will be more than we have in long time at that scum ridden filthy murdering shithole!!
C U N T S FUCKING SCOUSE C U N T S

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal XI vs. Liverpool: Ramsdale; Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel, Tavares; Partey, Sambi, Smith Rowe, Saka; Aubameyang, Lacazette.

Arsenal subs: Leno, Cedric, Holding, Tierney, Maitland-Niles, Elneny, Ødegaard, Pepe, Martinelli. #afc

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:32 pm
Arsenal XI vs. Liverpool: Ramsdale; Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel, Tavares; Partey, Sambi, Smith Rowe, Saka; Aubameyang, Lacazette.

Arsenal subs: Leno, Cedric, Holding, Tierney, Maitland-Niles, Elneny, Ødegaard, Pepe, Martinelli. #afc
happy with team selection....

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:34 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Yeah, I’d say it’s our strongest line up currently - debatable about Tierney but Tavares has done nothing to deserve being dropped so in my book keeps his place - he is also more physical than Tierney, which we may need today.
We actually have options from the bench for every position bar Lacazette’s hold up play.

COYG we are due a win up there :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:53 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:34 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Yeah, I’d say it’s our strongest line up currently - debatable about Tierney but Tavares has done nothing to deserve being dropped so in my book keeps his place - he is also more physical than Tierney, which we may need today.
We actually have options from the bench for every position bar Lacazette’s hold up play.

COYG we are due a win up there :barscarf:
Someone said 12 years since we last won up there...think Arteta was playing...so yes definitley well overdue

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

2012 last time we won at Anfield ,goals from Santi and podoloski