Stupid sounding arseholes with rich owners H Sat 27th Nov KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Stupid sounding arseholes with rich owners H Sat 27th Nov KO 1230

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:22 pm
Elbow in the Face!! Surely a pen!!!!???

Ohh! Of Course we don't get those do we!? :?

Dirty ToonCUNT! :box:
All day long that was a elbow to the jaw

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Damn Straight! :high5:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

All of our signings have actually done really well. Really impressed with Tomiyasu - he is no stop gap, this guy is our long term right back. Tavares plays like a free spirit, sure he can be frustrating at times but he causes opposition managers problems & it was Tavares that played Saka in. Tierney is more stable & I think he should start at Old Trafford, we all saw how Tavares was run ragged at Anfield, but against teams we expect to dominate at home its really tempting to prefer Tavares to Tierney.

As for Ramsdale, another stunning save. Its so good to have a keeper who can bail you out so often. He had no right to save Shelvey's shot but he did anyway, just as he did tipping Maddison's efforts onto the bar - if he doesn't makes that save, and we go a goal down today, or Leicester pull one back in the first half, I dont think we get 6 points from those games.

Martinelli with a great goal. He needs to play more, I dread another Gnabry situation with him, because this guy is the shit. He is only 20 - he still has those early development years where he can really accelerate in terms of what he can do. I thought Pepe would have replaced Saka, but was glad when Martinelli came on. We cant prefer Pepe just because we feel like we have to because we paid so much for him. I wouldn't even question preferring him to PEA on occasion.

Team still has a long way to go. The expected & received flogging at Anfield is evidence of that. But the team in its present state is in a position to grab that last champions league place.

John F

Post by John F »

wibble wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:34 pm
Would be great if newcastle sign a couple of players on ridiculous wages in January but still go down
Like Pepe

wibble

Post by wibble »

John F wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:48 pm
wibble wrote:
Would be great if newcastle sign a couple of players on ridiculous wages in January but still go down
Like Pepe
:lol: Yes it would be an added bonus if it was our cast offs

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

John F wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:48 pm
wibble wrote:
Like Pepe
And PEA

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

How long will it take for someone in the media to say to Newcastle fans if the Callum Wilson incident was a penalty that the shoulder to jaw on martinelli was a straight red and penalty. Ridiculous challenge. At least tavares was shoulder to shoulder, not shoulder to jaw. How did VAR miss that?

Happy with the win. Should've been 4-0 at least. Auba really doing his best to keep the goals for column low. That's 4 sitters in two home games missed cos of his poor play.
Well done martinelli on showing the quality he still has. Fantastic finish.
No surprise Saka and ESR conjure up the first goal. We're holding our own in 5th. Now let's turn that GD column from - to +

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

How long will it take for someone in the media to say to Newcastle fans if the Callum Wilson incident was a penalty that the shoulder to jaw on martinelli was a straight red and penalty. Ridiculous challenge. At least tavares was shoulder to shoulder, not shoulder to jaw. How did VAR miss that?

Happy with the win. Should've been 4-0 at least. Auba really doing his best to keep the goals for column low. That's 4 sitters in two home games missed cos of his poor play.
Well done martinelli on showing the quality he still has. Fantastic finish.
No surprise Saka and ESR conjure up the first goal. We're holding our own in 5th. Now let's turn that GD column from - to +

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:36 pm
West Ham essex wankers scum loose to Citeh and we are settling in joint 4th place.....
Well no, we will still have a worse goal difference so will be fifth, unless they get hammered (see what I did there)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:03 pm
No doubt arteta will be claiming the credit for that goal with is sub
[i]Saka was forced off due to injury minutes later and Arteta turned to Gabriel Martinelli rather than Alexandre Lacazette or Nicolas Pepe.

And his bold choice was rewarded moments later when Martinelli clipped a delightful volley past the onrushing Martin Dubravka with just his SECOND touch of the match.[/i]

hes a master tactican all right!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

But how much longer will he keep Martinelli benched, him and Laca together make a far better pairing than Laca and PEA.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:13 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:09 pm
The flat track bullies will be back and Lego Head will tell us all afterwards about the remarkable attitude of the players.....before the same group troop up to Old Trafford a few days later and hide cowardly under the covers for 90 minutes

Probably a 3-0 win but after yesterday does it really matter or excite anyone ?
I remember all the criticism of being flat track bullies, we certainly lost that title. Nice to hear it coming back shows we are heading in the right direction. I'd rather we be in the flat track bully arena than the lie on your back getting their tummies tickled mediocrity of the last 4 seasons
Fair enough comment - and it really was bullying today. They better pray that their mega money owners buy them a whole new team in January otherwise they are definitely going down

Nice enough performance from us but entirely expected. That lot are where they deserve to be and are worse than Norwich

Great to see Martinelli score a beauty

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

That deft touch for the goal from Martinelli really can't be praised enough in all honesty but unfortunately I just can't see Arteta starting him

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

Back from the game after an extended session in the boozer. Pleased with the win, our form is very solid. This young team won’t blow many teams away but will fight for every result. It’s encouraging to see.

Pleased for Martinelli who scored a great goal and played well but it’s worth remembering he’s disappointed a lot this season so people using him finally putting in a performance as an excuse to bash the manager for some reason is daft. He’s a good option off the bench but I can’t see much of an argument to start him and drop Saka, Ødegaard ESR unless he maintains his form.

I see the “nicknamers ” had a busy afternoon calling our own manager all sorts during a game we won comfortably. Get a grip lads

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Another game we played with just the 10 men. PEA turns up & we may have 11. He remains our own false 9. Get rid. Play Martinelli & he will only get better. Wont improve coming off the bench each week. :barscarf: :barscarf: