Manure and The Ladyboy Caant A Thur Dec 2nd KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Manure and The Ladyboy Caant A Thur Dec 2nd KO 815pm

Post by Nos89 »

Don't know what game most of the comment makers on here were watching but we were clearly the better team.
Where was VAR review for the foul on Tommi that has been glossed over. Silly mistake by Odegaard.
Tavares done well but we need Tierney back in the team as he has better attacking quality. Auba well off form. I would argue had Smith Rowe been in the no.10 we would have created more.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Flat track bullies.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:20 pm
Don't know what game most of the comment makers on here were watching but we were clearly the better team.
Where was VAR review for the foul on Tommi that has been glossed over. Silly mistake by Odegaard.
Tavares done well but we need Tierney back in the team as he has better attacking quality. Auba well off form. I would argue had Smith Rowe been in the no.10 we would have created more.
I wouldn't say we were clearly the better team, it was a close game between two pretty average sides.

The top 3 are so far ahead of the rest it is embarrassing - this is more like la liga now with two or three clubs battering the rest and a few playing for the 4th place spot.

Very poor quality tonight.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

We are two years and about five players away from competing for a place in the top four. We're Europa League standard and nothing more right now.

John F

Post by John F »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:16 pm
What people haven’t mentioned was that we were under the pump for a good period before that penalty. Arteta fucked about on the sidelines delaying Saka coming on. Meanwhile Smith-Rowe blowing out of his arse and the chuckle brothers in midfield constantly giving the ball away. Plus Auba… Arteta makes a couple of decisive subs and we don’t give that penalty away. This one’s on Arteta. Fucking fraud.
Exactly what I was thinking.Smith Rowe was dead on his feet way before the penalty and Auba was doing nothing.I can't remember Arteta ever winning a game from a losing position.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Well if we win this then I think we can be considered genuine top 4 contenders.
Trouble is I don’t think there is any chance of us going up there and even getting a point.

The first half display the other day was appalling - start like that again and we will be 2-0 down in 20 minutes.
Tonight is all going to be about the Ronaldo 800….unfortunately.
I think the depressing thing is how easy it was to predict tonight.

Oh well at least I got 3/1 on United when we were 1-0 up

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:12 pm
Nothing I didn't expect
It's still the same Hope that Kills - Slowly -Like a thousand cuts... Just like the last 8 years of TOF...will this Hell NEVER End!?

:suicide:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

To add Drury was a disgrace of a commentator tonight.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Martinelli was quality tonight. He should keep his place, but I don't think that Smith Rowe (who wasn't great tonight) or Saka are going to be dropped. You could make the case for Auba, but Lacazette would probably play in his place. If Odegaard sits (which he should), why not Martinelli (or Saka) at number 10?

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

After we scored the 1st, they were stunned and the crowd were restless but we just sat back and let them come onto us, and when we did have possession either bollocked about with it outside our penalty area playing dodgy passes, or lumping it up to no one.

Any other team would have gone for the jugular

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:34 pm
After we scored the 1st, they were stunned and the crowd were restless but we just sat back and let them come onto us, and when we did have possession either bollocked about with it outside our penalty area playing dodgy passes, or lumping it up to no one.

We couldn't get it out of our own half after that. I just remember getting possession followed by either Odegaard, Partey, Smith Rowe or Tavares giving the ball away time and time again. I don't think that had we gotten out of our own half that maybe something could have happened - :D Ok - maybe not.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:34 pm

That's the thing under this lameCUNT we don't know how to do that. It's all so P.C ( as in limp and wishy washy prissy and fey and dare don't show your anger..just be nice and softly gently wently ) :cussing:

FUCK-THAT-BOLLOCKS - Bring back George Graham FFS! :box: :box: :box:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

There are far too many of our fanbase who took recent results to mean we had turned a corner when in reality we have beaten the dog and duck and in most of those games we scraped wins. Tonight was one of the worse United teams I've seen and we made them look decent. United will Start picking up wins under their new manager, Spurs will do likewise under Conte and soon we will be sliding down to 7th or 8th as Peps cone boy gets to continue his apprenticeship at charity FC.
On a side note, Aubameyang needs to fuck off in January, let him see out his retirement In the US, not on the pitch for us.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

As predictable as that was i am fucking fuming, we had every chance to secure 4th place in our own right tonight and as per usual we blew it. Our midfield is still utter dogshite, nearly 15 years and we still havent found an anchor.

Arsenal the team that when you are down or a player on a goalless streak you can bank on to bail you out....

Our ball retention is attrocious, we have no pace in our build up, we cant cross for the most part and players are unable to anticipate for a first time shot ever hence they always get closed down before pulling the trigger.

As SteveO has said we play 2020's football and 1970s pace. We need spark in the team and from the sidelines, instead we get deer in the headlights from the leadership, what there is of it, on and off the pitch.

We are flat track bullies nothing more nothing less, and even then we are not very good at that :rubchin: :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If I’d the choice I’d rather have lost 4 nil without having a kick than losing like that. All defeats piss me off but the days we fucking completely self harm are especially hard to take.

Reminded me so much of the time we rocked up there the game after Welbeck scored that late late winner against Leicester that had put us in pole position to win the league (something we’ll never say again I’d imagine).

That day we also managed to implode our way to a 3-2 defeat to a shambolic united side under the hapless Van Gaal. Same old same old same old fucking SHIT :banghead:

Everton must be licking their fucking lips at the prospect of the banter boys rolling into town next Monday :roll: