Manure and The Ladyboy Caant A Thur Dec 2nd KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Manure and The Ladyboy Caant A Thur Dec 2nd KO 815pm

Post by Redarmy »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:07 am
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:46 am
Jayives wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:26 am
Disappointing result but the sheer glee displayed here when we lose is hysterical. I suppose if the manager is getting called names during games we win comfortably what do I expect.

Arsenal have now been to the Etihad, Anfield, the King Power and Old Trafford and we’re fifth above united and spurs in the league. Flat track bullies or not many of our fans would have taken that at the start of the season.

This team is very naive and inexperienced. They will learn over time but unfortunately last night was one where the game was cost by a young player making a bad challenge

Time to shrug our shoulders and move on.
yes they will learn over time....just accept it.....we need to bring back Xakha for experience....never mind everyones laughing their bollox off as we are all so happy... arteta is still a great manager ....we need more quality like odergaard.... hes type of player we need....as for auba better than before his malaria infection
Please say you're on a wind up.

If you're not then how in the sweet Jesus has arteta become a great manager

Edit: upon reading again I see that you are
:wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:50 pm
Against my better judgement I drove up to the Theatre of Shite today and now currently sat here miserable as fuck.

Just spineless and tactically naive beyond belief. I said before kick off that not starting Lacazette would be a grave mistake and so it proved with our captain just as ineffective and unbothered as it gets

Partey just confirms once more what an utterly inept, lazy, irresponsible piece of dump he is.

Thats a piss poor United team that will lose at least 3 more home games this season and we let them dictate the game and showed no belief when we went a goal up

Keep believing it will come good under this clown but it just won't. The bloke hasn't got a clue
fair play for going up there on a Friday night SteveO

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:02 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Against my better judgement I drove up to the Theatre of Shite today and now currently sat here miserable as fuck.

Just spineless and tactically naive beyond belief. I said before kick off that not starting Lacazette would be a grave mistake and so it proved with our captain just as ineffective and unbothered as it gets

Partey just confirms once more what an utterly inept, lazy, irresponsible piece of dump he is.

Thats a piss poor United team that will lose at least 3 more home games this season and we let them dictate the game and showed no belief when we went a goal up

Keep believing it will come good under this clown but it just won't. The bloke hasn't got a clue

Agree100% with every word mate... We could have the best players in the world and under Arteta it just would be the same circus, thing is if we can see it why can't all these other Gooners who actually believe there is some kind of process in place and that things are improving? I'd like someone to explain :

What that process is and where it is, because I'm fuckked if I know. Amongst all the other frustrations of watching my team bend over and take it up the Arris of that bunch-of-cunnts last night (sorry its 3 am) some one tried to tell me in the week that Odegaard was a special player who brought forward momentum to the team.

Just because he doesn't keep playing it back & sideways like clubfoot and elneny doesn't mean he brings forward momentum to our play, because I paid close attention to his game last night and he gives the ball away far too often, also he shirks away from any real defending (unlike Martinelli for instance; who though an attacker knows how to defend as well) Odegaard chases back but he ends up getting in the way of the Defenders proper.
He is too "lightweight' and when it comes to contributing to a game off the ball he is worse than Ozil..and That is saying something.

Auba is an embarrassment - okay so all strikers have a bad run occasionally but he is beyond that, he needs to be dropped and left back home (not on the bench) till he shows "Effort" and willing.

Arteta will be left in charge and yet we will continue to take one step forward with the wins over lesser teams, and two/three steps back in any so called progress. Just like it was under TOF NOTHING is going to Change (for the better) and NOW we face the prospect of Arteta letting TOF back into the fold.

Bewildering and Depressing. :cry:
What gets you is not only the team selection....ok that said, he has not much quality to select from, partey is frustrating sometimes looks half decent then total lack of focus on passing, not good enough....from artetas point of view its the total lack of any plan to deal with the onslaught after we scored our first goal
I am guessing he tells them if we score first to sit back and try and hit them on the break......
Our midfield was non existent for long periods....they was dominating ...the inevitable was bound to happen and it did was it a minute before half time?
Laca should have played to hold the ball upfront, as that is not aubas game....and AMN limited as he is should have played for physical prescence alone up against mctominey who is no better
Fuckin pisses me off totally

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Jayives wrote:
Disappointing result but the sheer glee displayed here when we lose is hysterical. I suppose if the manager is getting called names during games we win comfortably what do I expect.

Arsenal have now been to the Etihad, Anfield, the King Power and Old Trafford and we’re fifth above united and spurs in the league. Flat track bullies or not many of our fans would have taken that at the start of the season.

This team is very naive and inexperienced. They will learn over time but unfortunately last night was one where the game was cost by a young player making a bad challenge

I get you back Arteta but to come on here and lie is just pathetic. No one is pleased with yesterday, I would say it's a mixture of frustration and disappointment, particularly at the ground hog day nature of these performances and results. As for the manager, anyone who has seen us play this season can testify to the fact we have ground out results(mostly against shit teams) which is a sign we aren't much good. I'll be shocked if we are top 6 by the end of the season, let alone finishing 4th. The constant defending of Arteta makes zero sense, we have been average since he took over and I've seen nothing to suggest any difference this season.

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:46 am
Jayives wrote:

I get you back Arteta but to come on here and lie is just pathetic. No one is pleased with yesterday, I would say it's a mixture of frustration and disappointment, particularly at the ground hog day nature of these performances and results. As for the manager, anyone who has seen us play this season can testify to the fact we have ground out results(mostly against shit teams) which is a sign we aren't much good. I'll be shocked if we are top 6 by the end of the season, let alone finishing 4th. The constant defending of Arteta makes zero sense, we have been average since he took over and I've seen nothing to suggest any difference this season.
We were average before he took over and diabolical before the previous manager took over, it’s not an overnight turnaround.

We have a young naive football team without any superstars and we lack experience. We will beat some teams through sheer desire and effort and organisation but really there aren’t any superstars in this team and we miss a clinical striker and midfield player in my opinion. I really can’t see any manager progressing much with our current crop without those 2 key ingredients but despite what people write here there ARE positive signs of progress this season.

I don’t know wether Arteta will be a success or not. I find it very hard to judge until he can get one or two more in I don’t believe we are much better than what you are seeing so there’s no point in starting again.

What I am absolutely certain of is that some of our fans (mostly on the Internet) need to take a look at themselves and the sheer glee displayed when we drop the ball because it suits their agenda. Other fans must struggle to fill out their tax return without self harming based on the stuff you read here when the slightest thing goes wrong (or even not sometimes)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jayives wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:06 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Jayives wrote:

We were average before he took over and diabolical before the previous manager took over, it’s not an overnight turnaround.

We have a young naive football team without any superstars and we lack experience. We will beat some teams through sheer desire and effort and organisation but really there aren’t any superstars in this team and we miss a clinical striker and midfield player in my opinion. I really can’t see any manager progressing much with our current crop without those 2 key ingredients but despite what people write here there ARE positive signs of progress this season.

I don’t know wether Arteta will be a success or not. I find it very hard to judge until he can get one or two more in I don’t believe we are much better than what you are seeing so there’s no point in starting again.

What I am absolutely certain of is that some of our fans (mostly on the Internet) need to take a look at themselves and the sheer glee displayed when we drop the ball because it suits their agenda. Other fans must struggle to fill out their tax return without self harming based on the stuff you read here when the slightest thing goes wrong (or even not sometimes)
Mate I'm going to ask you again to stop constantly commenting on the other posters here. Comment all you like on the manager, the games, the players, whatever. But every single time you post you are insulting or calling posters mentally ill. That is an attempt to provoke a reaction in my book, and that is considered trolling or WUMing, which is against the rules. So either drop the constant snide and insulting remarks aimed at regular posters or its bye bye.

There is a debate to be had about this young team but you are doing your argument no good by packing it with personal insults.

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:43 pm
Jayives wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Jayives wrote:

Mate I'm going to ask you again to stop constantly commenting on the other posters here. Comment all you like on the manager, the games, the players, whatever. But every single time you post you are insulting or calling posters mentally ill. That is an attempt to provoke a reaction in my book, and that is considered trolling or WUMing, which is against the rules. So either drop the constant snide and insulting remarks aimed at regular posters or its bye bye.

There is a debate to be had about this young team but you are doing your argument no good by packing it with personal insults.
Noted, .... kinda

It’s only personal insult however if you refer to someone individually and it’s genuinely not an attempt to wind anyone up to be honest just stating the obvious.

You are only threatening my presence because you Disagree with my opinion probably though and while the fake pretence of rules seems to be suggested here and I agree I will reassess my dialogue the design seems to be an environment structured for people to turn up and call our own manager and players all sorts of abuse with zero counter opinion allowed which is weird for Arsenals biggest fanzine, really quite bizarre actually.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jayives wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jayives wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Jayives wrote:

Noted, .... kinda

It’s only personal insult however if you refer to someone individually and it’s genuinely not an attempt to wind anyone up to be honest just stating the obvious.

You are only threatening my presence because you Disagree with my opinion probably though and while the fake pretence of rules seems to be suggested here and I agree I will reassess my dialogue the design seems to be an environment structured for people to turn up and call our own manager and players all sorts of abuse with zero counter opinion allowed which is weird for Arsenals biggest fanzine, really quite bizarre actually.
I'd appreciate you taking my suggestions on board.

I'm all about open and free debate. I do not agree with most of what you say but I'd never let that influence my modding. When this forum was a hotbed of Wenger hatred I was always asking posters to tone down the personal insults and as much as I wanted Wenger gone I also always defended the pro Wenger brigade's right to air their view on here.

I think you might have to accept that the type of fans on here are the old school Arsenal that have supported the club and travelled the country and continent supporting the team since the 70s and 80s and we are not happy with the current state of affairs, no matter what impression you get from the fans in the Conglomerates. Many on here that have gone to games for decades no longer attend the Conglomerates exactly because of the type of tourist fans we now attract, the type that are happy to just have a day out at the footy and get their photo for Instagram and then go home and get on with their day not impacted at all by the match result.

Out of interest, what age group are you in mate? If you are a younger fan is it a generational disconnect? Maybe the club means less to many modern young fans because they have a lot more to do in their leisure time nowadays? That's not a dig at our younger fans btw, just something that interests me.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:25 pm
We are two years and about five players away from competing for a place in the top four. We're Europa League standard and nothing more right now.
Bang on Perry - our central midfield is still non existent despite £35m on Xhaka and £50m on Partey - both are so easy for opponents to waltz around and offer very little in a creative or attacking sense.

I thought we could challenge for 4th, given how poor the rest of the league has been, I’m not so sure now.
6th would be about right, sadly :cry:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:23 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

Sure beats going up on the day of the match

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:28 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:23 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

Sure beats going up on the day of the match
fuck it yes Thursday night....can we go back to saturdays at 3 o clock?

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:27 pm
Jayives wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jayives wrote:
BFG4 wrote:

Noted, .... kinda

I'd appreciate you taking my suggestions on board.

I'm all about open and free debate. I do not agree with most of what you say but I'd never let that influence my modding. When this forum was a hotbed of Wenger hatred I was always asking posters to tone down the personal insults and as much as I wanted Wenger gone I also always defended the pro Wenger brigade's right to air their view on here.

I think you might have to accept that the type of fans on here are the old school Arsenal that have supported the club and travelled the country and continent supporting the team since the 70s and 80s and we are not happy with the current state of affairs, no matter what impression you get from the fans in the Conglomerates. Many on here that have gone to games for decades no longer attend the Conglomerates exactly because of the type of tourist fans we now attract, the type that are happy to just have a day out at the footy and get their photo for Instagram and then go home and get on with their day not impacted at all by the match result.

Out of interest, what age group are you in mate? If you are a younger fan is it a generational disconnect? Maybe the club means less to many modern young fans because they have a lot more to do in their leisure time nowadays? That's not a dig at our younger fans btw, just something that interests me.
Ok I’ll try and be good natured and answer whilst it not being anyone’s business

When I started following we hadn’t won a title for over a decade and a cup in ages. I’m season ticket holder and I’ve traveled across countries to watch the lads and I’ve seen the great times and bad, titles and European finals and heartbreak alongside some of the most bog average football and duff players ever, travelled to friendlies in other countries where our first team didn’t even turn up. I never expected it to get better than that invincible period. That was pretty special.

the generational disconnect comment doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t see how our fans from the 80s when we endured some godawful football are somehow more sensitive to our plight. You should have seen the jubilation and relief after the game againest spurs amongst our younger fans outside the ground recently . Painting any fans actually supporting the club rather than insulting it as tourists is actually pretty pathetic and embarrassing

If you have a big ground you will also get a few real tourists (although not as many as you claim) it’s going to happen

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Genuine question, setting aside the current league position and improved players in certain positions, can someone please explain to me where the improved structure is?

We are still being destroyed by the top teams and we are still struggling quite often against some of the lower teams. For me there has been little to no change since Wenger was in charge. Personnel change but the outcome remains the say, improvement isnt necessarily us beating the Chavs, City or the Victims but not getting dicked by 3 or 4 goals would be.

The same goes for the lower teams it's not like we are regularly scoring 3 or 4 against them, sometimes we are grinding out 1-1 or 1-0 games, again this is quite often where we were under Wenger, except under Wenger even in later years we would smash the odd team 5-0, I cant remember the last time we did that outside a lower league cup side or crap Euro team.

Arteta unfortunately flatters to deceive, the team he is putting together is being built to challenge in future years but they are just too inexperienced currently and his managerial naivety is nowhere more apparent than the players he bought in the summer. You cannot build a team without a good levening of experience to teach the youngster and reign them in when required, even Fergies 'team of kids' had a solid core of vastly experienced players both in the team and the squad

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:42 pm
Genuine question, setting aside the current league position and improved players in certain positions, can someone please explain to me where the improved structure is?

We are still being destroyed by the top teams and we are still struggling quite often against some of the lower teams. For me there has been little to no change since Wenger was in charge. Personnel change but the outcome remains the say, improvement isnt necessarily us beating the Chavs, City or the Victims but not getting dicked by 3 or 4 goals would be.

The same goes for the lower teams it's not like we are regularly scoring 3 or 4 against them, sometimes we are grinding out 1-1 or 1-0 games, again this is quite often where we were under Wenger, except under Wenger even in later years we would smash the odd team 5-0, I cant remember the last time we did that outside a lower league cup side or crap Euro team.

Arteta unfortunately flatters to deceive, the team he is putting together is being built to challenge in future years but they are just too inexperienced currently and his managerial naivety is nowhere more apparent than the players he bought in the summer. You cannot build a team without a good levening of experience to teach the youngster and reign them in when required, even Fergies 'team of kids' had a solid core of vastly experienced players both in the team and the squad
He has been given more to spend than both of the previous managers and has taken us backwards. Even Wenger at his worst got us comfortably into the Europa League, as did Emery. Both of those managers whilst having tactical deficiencies played better football. The football under Arteta has been awful from day one and two performances in the cup against City and the Chavs saved his bacon (and haven't been seen again since)

As you say we are no further on against the top four - played 4 lost 4 scored 2 conceded 14. The excuse at the start of the season against City and the Chavs was that we were missing key players.....so what was it against the worst Man Ure side in 30 odd years and against the Mickey Mousers? We've barely been so injury free for decades.....

A minus goal difference again! That was barely heard of before. Apparently his training sessions are over orchestrated and frequently stopped.....and it shows. Players going forward play with hesitancy and despite having Saka, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Lacazette and Auba we are amongst the lowest scorers in the league. Tell me anyone outside the top 5 or 6 clubs that wouldn't want that lot

Only in the final season of GG and in the Don Howe days can I remember such awful football. 100+ games, absolutely no identity, no more competitive against the big clubs, 160m spent in one window. Where does it end ?

John F

Post by John F »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:42 pm

The obvious improvement has been the Goalkeeping and Right back situation and despite the recent goals against I would say that the whole defence is better.I am trying to be kind here but Arteta like me probably wouldn't of known that Partey would turn out to be so poor or that Aub a would suffer a huge long term loss in form.Where I don't think we have improved is tactically or the in game decision making.Pulling back our midfield so deep that makes the our final third congested and encouraging a team to get in amongst us in the danger area is inviting trouble.It leads to rash decision making amongst our players that then transmits into mistakes.The plan I think is to hit teams on the break but if the out ball is continually poor due to the pressure and we have a striker who can't hold the ball up then it is doomed.The substitutions are often reactive rather then proactive.Aub a was stinking the place out and Smith Rowe was knackered.Both were replaced too late.Starting Elneny against a team known to be fragile at the back was a negative move.Steve Round the assistant manager who Arteta encouraged to join us has been involved with three managers whose fans didn't like the negative football being played.Moyes at Utd,Fat Sam and the wally with the brolly .That can't be a coincidence that he has lost his job 3 times now.So overall no I can not see an improvement.Defence marginally better but going forward worse.